Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is driving me crazy. Last couple of weeks they had my delivery between 2 days and then end of June. The 3 days kept moving up by a day every day. Then Friday it changed to 9 to 13 weeks :( Now I look at it again and it says between 2 days and the end of June again. I have no idea what to expect.

I read somewhere that when it lets you buy insurance it means your car will be ready in about 3 days. Maybe true????
I think once you get your VIN it lets you buy insurance. The time from VIN to receiving the car varies depending on your distance from the Fremont factory (the time it takes for the trucks/trains to transport your car) plus the time to schedule the delivery (depends on how busy your delivery location is). For example for CA I think the average time is 4 days from VIN to delivery. For locations like TX it can be 19 days.

Reactions: id436eg9045
Now I see what it feels like to have your EDD move one day right everyday. Since I ordered on 5/1 I've probably spent the majority of my time with random generic week ranges while I've watched everyone else slide right daily. I went from June 21 - 30 yesterday to June 22 - 30 today. Guess I'll take it over the weeks EDD.
Stay strong. I went from 6/22 - 6/30 to 6/25 - 6/30 yesterday then bounced back to 6/21 - 6/30 today. You can see my EDD history in my signature. I think I have finally come to a place of peace. You just need to go along for the ride. Do not obsess over the EDD. It is like the Ocean. Sometimes you will be at the bottom of the wave and sometimes you will be ridding high at the top of it. Just know eventually the wave will dump you on the beach and your shiny new M3 LR AWD will be waiting for you. :)

Now I see what it feels like to have your EDD move one day right everyday. Since I ordered on 5/1 I've probably spent the majority of my time with random generic week ranges while I've watched everyone else slide right daily. I went from June 21 - 30 yesterday to June 22 - 30 today. Guess I'll take it over the weeks EDD.
Running up to getting my VIN yesterday (June 18), my dates stayed 3 out beginning on June 12:

Previous delivery dates:
  • June 21 - June 30
  • June 20 - June 30
  • June 19 - June 30
  • June 18 - June 30
  • June 17 - June 30
  • June 16 - June 30
  • June 15 - June 30
  • June 17 - June 30

I received my VIN just now, and delivery is tomorrow from Carlsbad Site to my home at 1000. My order date was 4/22/2021, and my last EDD was 6/21-28. I ordered an M3 LR 18" with FSD.

Attachments

• Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png
    Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png
    868.8 KB · Views: 74
I completed my account (payment method etc) - the day I made the order. Was set to cash but was thinking of leasing. SA told me he’d help switch it later since most important was to get in the queue. Few weeks later my EDD was so soon my SA advised, 3 days ago (6/16), I should switch it now to avoid complications if delivery is called etc.
He switched it, I refreshed the page while on the call with him, submitted my info, and was approved in less then 1 min. (Literally a page refresh). Back to “submit insurance”. I submitted my current policy because in CA.

I had the EDDs continue bumping by 1 day (always 2 days out from day of) and then have had the 9-13 weeks and now 8-12 weeks yesterday and today.

My SA is out of town so I called their team to see if they could tell me any updates. They said “oh well the profile wasn’t complete until 6/16”. Wtf!! This is impossible due to me being on the Submit Insurance stage since the same day I placed my order and it was set to cash. I’m going crazy thinking I’ve been bumped to the back of the line. Anyone have a similar experience or just potential encouragement?? 🙏

Reactions: Tesconnect