Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2E76EF82-B0C8-4C18-9D77-CF7A92BF43EB.png
This is the current estimate on mine, no VIN yet. I was actually hoping for a delivery sometime in July so fingers crossed for that. I had everything lined up then found out the title of the car I sold for the down payment is still at the DMV. I don’t want to delay, but if I do I hope one of you gets moved up.

I'm putting a pretty large down payment down and have been approved by a third party with the balance. Not sure how that will work with a 3rd party bank. Once I get my vin and payment details, should I then contact the bank to send over the money? I know it's not like a traditional dealership, so not sure what the process is. Thanks!
I have a check from a credit union where I took out a loan for my M3 I am picking up tomorrow. I had it marked that I was paying cash until I got a vin then I texted Tesla and the original person I test drove with got back to me and was able to change my purchase agreement to reflect the loan in less then 1 hour.

Reactions: JoJa15
@HalfNHalfT was this your originally scheduled delivery date? Mine is scheduled for Tuesday, hoping it comes early.
Here is my complete EDD history:

4-11 weeks (5/22), 6/12-6/30 (5/28), 6/13-6/30 (5/29), 6/14-6/30 (5/30), Blank (6/1), 6/17-6/30 (6/2), 6/18-6/30 (6/3), 6/19-6/30 (6/4), 6/20-6/30 (6/5), 6/21-6/30 (6/6), 6/22-6/30 (6/7), 6/23-6/30 (6/8), 6/21-6/27 VIN RECEIVED (6/9), 6/20-6/26 (6/9), 6/19-6/25 (6/10) …then I got my 6/24 date and one final 1 day slip to 6/25. Not really bad in my case and well within the initial estimate. I certainly benefited from ordering somewhat close to the end of the quarter.

Reactions: JoJa15
Was told I have to wait until at least 2nd/3rd week of July now. Issues and issues have being going on, and their customer service is the worst I've ever had. "don't take this with a grain of salt- but between the 12th-20th of July"

When did you order?
Now I see, 6/3. It sucks that the EDD has led you on. Being that you ordered in June, any day in July is still well within the timelines given when ordered. I was at 6-9 weeks. I believe June orders were initially told even longer.

I have a check from a credit union where I took out a loan for my M3 I am picking up tomorrow. I had it marked that I was paying cash until I got a vin then I texted Tesla and the original person I test drove with got back to me and was able to change my purchase agreement to reflect the loan in less then 1 hour.
Have a safe trip up to Scottsdale tomorrow, and I hope enjoy your new M3! I'm following you on Saturday. Let us know how it goes.