Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
we should be in the same batch to be completely honest because it wouldn't make sense to make you wait longer since we are only 2 days apart in order dates. However, knowing Tesla, they might do something like that.
I called once more to verify nothing had changed on their internal side and the first person I got told me there was no way my car was being built in august and that November was the most accurate. The next person was super a nice lady who told me she has another tool she looks at for an anticipated date. Told me mid august is the anticipated and said late august to be safe in case of a delay. I asked about my edd saying September sometimes and she said to trust her side more than my account edd as for some people, it’s not the most accurate. She was nice enough to give me her extension and told me to call her directly if I don’t have a vin by the 20th.

I called once more to verify nothing had changed on their internal side and the first person I got told me there was no way my car was being built in august and that November was the most accurate. The next person was super a nice lady who told me she has another tool she looks at for an anticipated date. Told me mid august is the anticipated and said late august to be safe in case of a delay. I asked about my edd saying September sometimes and she said to trust her side more than my account edd as for some people, it’s not the most accurate. She was nice enough to give me her extension and told me to call her directly if I don’t have a vin by the 20th.
Dang that first representative sounded really rude. That lady is super nice! I'm glad you got somewhat of the same info I got when I was on vacation but now the truly anxious wait begins because we have somewhat of a "better" estimate. I'm counting down the days till the 9th (because they said it'll ship) to see if now till then I will get a VIN. Anxiety will be through the roof once VIN appears.

Reactions: Ssheehan
How'd you end up talking to the second person? Did you ask to speak to someone else? Or just tried calling again?

Wow what is her contact information?

Hah, that's awesome. I have been eyeing the speed limit part of the UI frequently and noticing that on any stoplight or turn onto a new road I am pretty much instantaneously there. I'm not used to getting attention in a car, and now I feel like there are many eyeballs on us despite the fact there are plenty of Teslas on the road in Northern VA. Glad you didn't get a ticket / glad you love the car!

I am dragging my feet on applying protective film to the headlights, and don't know what I'm going to do about PPF, but really should figure something out in a hurry. Having never once been a "car guy" my whole life it's wild I'm even now halfway familiar with any of these things, but have no experience installing stuff like that either.

Also, boy do I wish I had a garage! One day in the carport and that "new car look" went away in a hurry.
The main reason I put PPF on the headlights is that they’re so dang expensive. One good rock that cracks the housing would be all she wrote. Not to mention with PPF, even the buds will come off much earlier and not mar the headlight housing, so they remain crystal clear.

I just finished installing my DIY kit. Unfortunately, the fenders were cut incorrectly, so that the shop will be doing fenders, bumper, and side mirrors. I did the headlights, frunk, and A-pillars myself. I was expecting it to be terrible, but it was straightforward. It sucks that the fender fitment was off, but it was well worth the couple hundred dollars for the DIY kit.
To do anything, you need access to a garage. I couldn’t imagine being outside doing anything.
41577B44-2E88-4BC1-880E-ABE1B725C494.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: LaneDS
Dang that first representative sounded really rude. That lady is super nice! I'm glad you got somewhat of the same info I got when I was on vacation but now the truly anxious wait begins because we have somewhat of a "better" estimate. I'm counting down the days till the 9th (because they said it'll ship) to see if now till then I will get a VIN. Anxiety will be through the roof once VIN g
Dang that first representative sounded really rude. That lady is super nice! I'm glad you got somewhat of the same info I got when I was on vacation but now the truly anxious wait begins because we have somewhat of a "better" estimate. I'm counting down the days till the 9th (because they said it'll ship) to see if now till then I will get a VIN. Anxiety will be through the roof once VIN appears.
Here’s to hoping our cars roll out of Fremont the same day

Reactions: richieyim and Krow
Oh nice! Will wave to the Model 3's on my 9/8 drop off.

John mentioned they sometimes apply PPF on some driven 5-6k miles, after I mentioned how I just took delivery and was a little worried about getting unlucky between now and then but he didn't seem to think it'd be a problem. Car is way too fun to drive for me to not drive it much for a month, although it's yet to see a proper highway.

If you're concerned in the meantime you can look into track wraps, which is basically a temporary ppf you can slap on yourself.

I mean it's not a problem for him because he wants your business lol.

My local SA informed me that my order is planned to be on a truck for a September 20th delivery to Colorado Springs. Not set in stone but he’s going off of what he’s seen to be accurate in the past. Sounds like I will know more towards end of August. He’s been good about replying back same day I text.

Original text this morning was over the EDD date range disappearing and he replied with that. If what he tells me holds up, delivery will be just over the original 7-11 weeks I was quoted at order back in June.

Just called Tesla customer support (my Aug 14-Sep 03) EDD vanished yesterday - The guy said that I shouldn't get attached to the EARLY end of that EDD, but according to whatever system he had access to I should expect my delivery to be late August to Mid Sept (So about a week longer than the EDD I saw).

Managed to grab an inventory LR AWD (MSM/black/aero) out of TX. I hate to have to pay the 1K transportation fee to my SC, but it beats waiting until November.

Does anyone know if Tesla will allow you to "upgrade" an inventory vehicle to sport wheels and just pay the difference?

Managed to grab an inventory LR AWD (MSM/black/aero) out of TX. I hate to have to pay the 1K transportation fee to my SC, but it beats waiting until November.

Does anyone know if Tesla will allow you to "upgrade" an inventory vehicle to sport wheels and just pay the difference?
I actually went over this same question when my SA asked if I wanted to match to an inventory vehicle last week. He said they cannot change configuration at all and have to deliver as is. Any changes occur post delivery as separate transactions.

I actually went over this same question when my SA asked if I wanted to match to an inventory vehicle last week. He said they cannot change configuration at all and have to deliver as is. Any changes occur post delivery as separate transactions.
Darn...Well, if I do every upgrade them I will probably gran some TSportliine 19's. Cheaper than the 19" from the Tesla store.