Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the option for delivery this weekend as well. I thought I'd be going to the Costa Mesa store for delivery as I'm only 15 minutes away, but they want to do home delivery. I'm also a bit concerned with the EOQ rush, and not sure how I'd refuse delivery if its sitting on my driveway after a contactless delivery.
Does anyone know if it is possible to switch to a pickup instead of a delivery? Tesla just informed me they want to deliver it between 12AM-8AM and leave it on the street, but there is no nearby street parking where I live and no "driveway" since I live in a high rise.

Another day another update - same end date at least and just narrowed the window.
  • Order date: July 28
  • Initial EDD: November (30 day window)
  • (9 days later) August 6th EDD updated to Sept 7 - Sept 30 (23 day window)
  • (12 days later) August 18th EDD updated to Sept 14 - Sept 30 (16 day window)
  • (20 days later) September 6th - EDD updated to October 06 - November 05 (30 day window)
  • (11 days later) September 17th - EDD updated to September 19 - September 29 (10 day window)
  • (3 days later) September 20th - EDD updated to October 10 - October 30 (20 day window)
  • (3 days later) September 23rd - EDD updated to September 25 - September 30 (5 day window)
  • (1 day later) (today) September 24th - EDD updated to September 26 - September 30 (4 day window)

Got my delivery yesterday but I didn’t get any registration paperwork in the car, which apparently we're supposed to fedex upon signing. Have other folks who received their deliveries in CA faced the same? Tesla's website does say they take care of registration (Registering Your Tesla), but in my delivery email they said to expect the paperwork in the car, and also a friend who got his MY few months ago had paperwork. Wondering if the process changed for CA?

So, I just got a VIN after just changing my order not even 24 hours ago and I can't take delivery for at least a few weeks. I reached out to Tesla, but could only leave a voicemail. On my account, the only option I have is "Proceed with Delivery." I'm afraid to click it because I'm not sure what will happen next. I'm super excited a car became available at lightning speed, but when I changed the order delivery estimate was December. So, you can see why I'm not quite prepared. Is it possible to delay delivery of this car a couple of weeks or do I refuse and they'll offer the next one to me?? Thanks for the help!

My watch has ended.

Picked up my Red/white 19" this morning from Devon. Car is in GREAT shape, pick up was super easy, was in and out in about 10-15 minutes. Just under a month from Order to Delivery, so I was one of the lucky ones.

20210924_133346.jpg

Got my delivery yesterday but I didn’t get any registration paperwork in the car, which apparently we're supposed to fedex upon signing. Have other folks who received their deliveries in CA faced the same? Tesla's website does say they take care of registration (Registering Your Tesla), but in my delivery email they said to expect the paperwork in the car, and also a friend who got his MY few months ago had paperwork. Wondering if the process changed for CA?
Answering my own question, I reached out to them and they said since I e-signed docs before delivery, I don't have to do any paperwork. Just a reference for other folks, though it varies by state.

My watch has ended.

Picked up my Red/white 19" this morning from Devon. Car is in GREAT shape, pick up was super easy, was in and out in about 10-15 minutes. Just under a month from Order to Delivery, so I was one of the lucky ones.

View attachment 713661

Wow does that look slick. I've never liked red cars but dang that looks good. Gratz man. I'm scheduled for monday. Super jealous you got yours for this beautiful weekend. I never thought I would ever look forward to a Monday.

Thanks, but did you get the CA temp registration and temp/paper plates? What did they include in the car at delivery?
Delivery last week in SoCal, the paper plate was on the back of the car, and one for the front was in the trunk with the front license frame (both of which I’m ignoring; I’ll do an adhesive front plate after I get the real plates).
No actual paperwork, all electronic signatures online.

My watch has ended.

View attachment 713661
What is the process when picking up? I'm picking up today. I did everything online just wanted to know what you did at the delivery location.

What is the process when picking up? I'm picking up today. I did everything online just wanted to know what you did at the delivery location.
We walked inside the service center. Gave them our name and then our licenses. They took a photocopy and someone walked us to the car. We did a walkaround and then signed a few docs, went to our account on our phone and clicked "accept delivery" That was it. Was on the road after that.

Reactions: mackie99
Congrats on VIN! Are you able to see if the VIN has an "N" model year or "M" model year? It would be the letter right before the location where it was manufactured, or basically the last two letters before the final number sequence...I have heard that Tesla would switch over in September/October, but curious whether that happened already. Good luck with the car!
It's an M model year.