Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just thought I would keep people updated on my EDD and other info.

Here’s an email from my SA I received this morning:

‘Good morning,

Looking at your order and delivery, as of today we are on track for a Mid-November delivery timeline. Production of the car should be done in a week or so according this estimate.

I would be on the lookout for a VIN assignment by the end of the week this week ( meaning production is complete). As well if the Production of the car is done sooner, we will let you know but as of now we are looking good for a that timeline as of today. Please let me know if you have any questions’

Looking good for next month!!

Reactions: Paul4343

‘Good morning,

Looking at your order and delivery, as of today we are on track for a Mid-November delivery timeline. Production of the car should be done in a week or so according this estimate.

I would be on the lookout for a VIN assignment by the end of the week this week ( meaning production is complete). As well if the Production of the car is done sooner, we will let you know but as of now we are looking good for a that timeline as of today. Please let me know if you have any questions’

When was your OD? And your car specs?

OD 9/12 and currently first day in EDD window of 10/27 - 11/16 (no VIN). I have a feeling the EDD will get pushed out tomorrow.

M3LR, MSM, aero wheels, bay area
This was the same thing that happened to me. Mine got pushed back on the second day in the window. It's now showing 11/2-11/30. I hope it shrinks. At this point I'm trying to occupy myself with other things as much as I can so I don't get too disappointed with this lol.

Reactions: Darrin.krein

‘Good morning,

I ordered on October 1st BLACK white 18 no fsd delivery Indianapolis. How do you find your SA to email? I'm curious to see if they say the same.

Order: 09/21
M3Lr White/Black 19’
Los Angeles, CA

First ever update from tesla, my edd was changed from 10/24-11/13 to 11/02-11/30.

I called one of the reps and they said my cae was getting here 11/02. Idk how accurate that is considering no VIN has been assigned yet.
Unsure how they could pull this info without a VIN being assigned. We’re both in LA, similar cars (mine is M3LR blue/black, aero), EDD 09/15. Del date has pushed up 1 week for the past 3 weeks on the day or the second day of the latest DD window. No VIN (and none visible with the page source trick).

I’ve called Burbank twice, very friendly and fast on the phone, but they only see the same window I see online. Nothing more specific.

OD 9/12 and currently first day in EDD window of 10/27 - 11/16 (no VIN). I have a feeling the EDD will get pushed out tomorrow.

M3LR, MSM, aero wheels, bay area
Same del window, same location and nearly same car! M3LR, blue/black, aero, DTLA

OD 09/11 (changed from lease to loan 09/15). My window has been pushed back 3 times on day 2 of the latest window, which would mean… mine would also be pushed back tomorrow. Hoping the cycle breaks tomorrow.

How much do y'all owe on taxes every year? The EV tax credit is a nonrefundable credit. The government does not cut you a check for the balance, it only pays down what you owe.
Different (House/ Senate) versions of the tax bill are floating about at present. In at least one version the EV tax credit is actually refundable in which case presumably the credit could be used to lower the price of the EV at point of sale. See the following link:

In particular see item 4: under

Twelve Point Summary of Potential EV Tax Credits (as of Oct 1, 2021):

Of course, there's no guarantee that any EV tax credit will actually pass through congress. But in the event it does, it may make sense to wait until 2022 to complete the sale. I intend to forestall actual purchase until January. My EDD is currently 11/05 to 12/03 so it seems to me that I might as well wait a bit longer & see whether I can possibly save thousands if some version of the law actually does manage to pass & become law.

OD: 9/25
M3LR – White paint, Black interior
18" Aero wheels, no FSD
Indianapolis delivery

EDD: 11/17 - 12/17 (never changed since placing order)
No VIN on page or in source
No contact via email, phone or text

Was told during my test drive appointment last weekend that I "should get it pretty quickly."

Reactions: Paul4343
OD: 9/25
M3LR – White paint, Black interior
18" Aero wheels, no FSD
Indianapolis delivery

EDD: 11/17 - 12/17 (never changed since placing order)
No VIN on page or in source
No contact via email, phone or text

Was told during my test drive appointment last weekend that I "should get it pretty quickly."
Fingers crossed for you getting it "pretty quickly". Mine got bumped from 11/10-12/10 to 12/5-12/31; OD of 9/26 same specs except red paint. Indy delivery as well.