Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Refresh Model S Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Leather is a complete and utter failure for the planet, the animals who have their skins ripped off, and for appearance/wear. Please don't confuse Tesla's interiors with animal flesh as they stopped using it some 3 or 4 years ago, and should have done so even earlier--despite what your parents taught you, it is evil.

See:

Animal agriculture is responsible for 18 percent of greenhouse gas emissions, more than the combined exhaust from all transportation.

"Livestock's Long Shadow: environmental issues and options". Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Rome 2006

Source:

COWSPIRACY: The Sustainability Secret

Wow... Is it still okay to have a hamburger??

I’m buying the Plaid and I wish it was an ICE car. I would much prefer the two minutes at the pump for 400 miles of range. I’m only buying the Tesla for the performance. No other car comes close to this performance at this price point. I don’t love the look of the interior or exterior, and the tech is missing crucial features that are actually important to me such as cross traffic awareness, blind spot alerting, 360 camera view, and Apple CarPlay.

What sold me on the Tesla was the way it felt when I mashed the pedal. I’m sure this is a pretty dumb reason to throw $100k at a car, but I’m anticipating the other less noticeable attributes of the Tesla will win me over the more I drive it.

I got the Model S because of the tech, safety features, and saves me getting my oil changed every 4-6 weeks (I put A LOT of miles on a car). I prefer the Tesla integrated Spotify, etc to our ICE car’s Apple CarPlay. The performance is a nice kicker too, although 3.1 sec is fast enough for me so I opted for the LR and can’t wait to get the upgrade from my S90D that I’ve had for 4 years! Regarding the blind spot....I find that the screen behind the wheel gives you a visual of everything around the car....you will know when someone is in your blind spot because it is right in front of your face on the dash - imho much better than my ICE blind spot monitoring little yellow light on my side mirror. You won’t regret the Tesla purchase and congrats on buying the fastest production car on the planet - you will love it!

IMHO the "turbo" label cheapens the Porsche. Who calls a BEV a turbo? That's old school ICE terminology.
They're just throwing back to 90s era PCs!
DrKNzCMWoAAvDuG.jpg

The wood now looks out of place. If they got rid of the " old-school" chrome on the exterior, then why have the old-school wood?

Agree. Not a fan of the wood, I think the carbon fiber looks much better. I also don't know why they brought the chrome back on the inside. My 2016 MS has the silver accents inside but I find that the newer ones that have the graphite color look much better.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
The wood now looks out of place. If they got rid of the " old-school" chrome on the exterior, then why have the old-school wood?

Especially with that yoke, which is as modern looking as a road vehicle gets, resembling aircraft, how many cockpits have wood in them?

View attachment 640975

yoke + wood makes me think of startreck:

9157355.jpg

Because people who like nice stuff like cutting edge design.

I think people who like nice stuff appreciate good design. Churn for the sake of churn is not a sign of good design--the constant changes to the IC and MCU UI for no apparent goal in mind are a prime example--it's the opposite, it's a sign of disposable design. Below is a pic I have always appreciated in that it shows how Porsche felt they had a winner with 911 design and committed to it while keeping contemporary.

Arguing which car has better tail lights is like arguing which brand of bourbon is better--there is no right answer, it's a matter of taste. But I think it's off base to claim that sticking to certain design cues is somehow a mistake.

b-CZ16MOD0007_rgb.jpg

I think people who like nice stuff appreciate good design. Churn for the sake of churn is not a sign of good design--the constant changes to the IC and MCU UI for no apparent goal in mind are a prime example--it's the opposite, it's a sign of disposable design. Below is a pic I have always appreciated in that it shows how Porsche felt they had a winner with 911 design and committed to it while keeping contemporary.

Arguing which car has better tail lights is like arguing which brand of bourbon is better--there is no right answer, it's a matter of taste. But I think it's off base to claim that sticking to certain design cues is somehow a mistake.

View attachment 641001

The Jeep Wrangler is another example.

Reactions: omarsultan
On the contrary there are a lot of people who would buy Tesla's if they did strive to be the best. People don't choose cars based on EV or not EV. They choose on a whole multitude of features which combine to an overall experience.

Lot of people on the Taycan forum ponying up the extra $$ to get a Porsche vs. a Model S Plaid. Quite a few former Tesla owners in fact.

• Funny
Reactions: Zextraterrestrial