Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Refresh Model S Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps I am I'm the minority, but I think Franz did a masterful job with the original Model S design--I think it is pretty timeless and glad they are going with incremental tweaking.

I agree, but I think they really should have redesigned the aging tail lights.

Also the gloss black strip on the tailgate looks weird and kind of out of place now. I felt like the chrome worked better.

I agree, but I think they really should have redesigned the aging tail lights.

Might be on of those Tesla things where they work through the existing inventory than switch to new tail-lights

Also the gloss black strip on the tailgate looks weird and kind of out of place now. I felt like the chrome worked better.

I did not realize how much this would bother me--the chrome T looks really out of place next to the blacked out horizontal strip. I can see that being the first thing I change.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
The front seems reasonable because it all matches and the visual weight is not so great. On the back, you have this big honking black strip and then this chrome T on top.

MS-Specs-Hero-Desktop.jpeg ms-main-hero-desktop.jpeg

Perhaps I am I'm the minority, but I think Franz did a masterful job with the original Model S design--I think it is pretty timeless and glad they are going with incremental tweaking.
Agreed, it's hard to improve a timeless/beautiful design.

The rear wheels finally look "meaty"! I still can't see the visual width from the rear compared to the current car. I wish it was more noticeable.

Reactions: omarsultan
“The front seems reasonable because it all matches and the visual weight is not so great. On the back, you have this big honking black strip and then this chrome T on top.”

The chrome T on the front and black are now out of character. I’ve already ordered both and plan to blacken and light them with LEDs so when my plaid+ is delivered so it will be consistent all around.

Will also use translucent gray.black film to darken the headlamps and taillights. Have already done that on my 3.

Reactions: omarsultan
I don't think Tesla has said anything about this nor is it a feature listed on the order pages. We're just making assumptions based on interior photos.
I think you misunderstood, I was referring to advertising the yoke while delivering the regular round wheel. And yes I’m fully aware no cars have been delivered to customers. But seeing as how all the refreshed models we’ve seen have the round wheel it’s not far fetched to assume that’s what will be delivered.
I guess I should have been more clear. I was referring to yoke steering.

• Disagree
Reactions: jaguar36
I think you misunderstood, I was referring to advertising the yoke while delivering the regular round wheel. And yes I’m fully aware no cars have been delivered to customers. But seeing as how all the refreshed models we’ve seen have the round wheel it’s not far fetched to assume that’s what will be delivered.
I guess I should have been more clear. I was referring to yoke steering.
Given the line hasn’t delivered anything other than a handful of prototypes at this point, I don’t think there are any real conclusions to draw. Maybe the factory that saws the top off the wheels is in Texas and they had some production delays.

Given the line hasn’t delivered anything other than a handful of prototypes at this point, I don’t think there are any real conclusions to draw. Maybe the factory that saws the top off the wheels is in Texas and they had some production delays.
Yeah I already said that. But also why leave out the one big aspect of the refresh that needs testing the most? Why have the round wheel in a test car at all? If the yoke is coming, test that

Reactions: RAM_Eh
Yeah I already said that. But also why leave out the one big aspect of the refresh that needs testing the most? Why have the round wheel in a test car at all? If the yoke is coming, test that

Does it need testing the most, though? As many have said, the yoke is just like the current wheel sans the top. If anything needs testing, its going to be stalkless figures-out-where-you-want-to-go part