Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Refresh Model S Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It may just be semantics but I figured it would pivot instead of tilt.
Indeed, the way I read it that the center screen could pivot towards the left or right (although I'd imagine just a small amount). Completely unnecessary, but I could see it coming in hand from time to time to mitigate glare or improve ergonomics with a passenger. The kind of thoughtful little things that a luxury car should have - maybe Tesla is turning over a new leaf?

Don’t understand what the fuss about cupholders is all about. It’s definitely a first-world matter. On the other hand, breathable air is more and more and problem world over. Maybe we all should have more concern about that.

And after driving an EV for several years, I am more acutely aware of the exhaust while in the car or just walking the streets.

And after driving an EV for several years, I am more acutely aware of the exhaust while in the car or just walking the streets.

This is definitely true. A few months after buying our S I grew more sensitive to the smell of car exhaust when my wife started up her ICE car in the morning. It never bothered me before owning an EV.

That said, I also appreciate lots of cup holders and love that our S has six cup holders for five passengers.

Reactions: IdaX
This is definitely true. A few months after buying our S I grew more sensitive to the smell of car exhaust when my wife started up her ICE car in the morning. It never bothered me before owning an EV.

That said, I also appreciate lots of cup holders and love that our S has six cup holders for five passengers.

The cupholders in the front of the S and X are too close together for most normal size cups and, therefore, not really usable. Yes, it's a champagne problem.

But, there's already a HEPA filter on the car. I know it's trying to clean the air as much as possible, I don't understand how Tesla prioritizes its backlog or features. That's really my question, I guess. Spend time on an AQ system and number, but no arm rest in the second row of the X, for example. But the software may be easier than the armrest. Doesn't really matter.

Well, the facts of the matter are really quite clear, but perhaps you've "missed" them because cognitive dissonance is real? (Even among Tesla owners, sadly.)

If it's made out of the flesh of a murdered, sentient being, then the answerer is "no."

If it's made from plants, then the answer is "yes." (Examples: Beyond Meat, Impossible Burger, Boca Burger, and too many more to list.)

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
--Neil deGrasse Tyson

"Science doesn't care what you believe."
--The Internet

It sure must take one tall ladder to get up on that horse of yours.