Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Refresh Model S Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
not really if you are paying for the plaid might as well get the plaid plus unless you need the car ASAP, the extra range and new battery size is worth the slightly increased 20k cost.
I'm hoping the +20k also includes track-worthy suspension/tires/wheels/brakes (similar to how the P85 and the P85+ were sold), although comparing to that era was a different Tesla altogether, haha. That said, the Cybertruck is getting 2.9s 0-60 & 500mi range in a huge F150-sized vehicle, that absolutely will need the new 4680 batteries to pull those numbers off, and it's max price is less than the lowest priced LR S, so I don't think the batteries themselves are what makes the Plaid+ $20k more than the regular Plaid.

Here's to hoping it's not just software that they roll into the Plaid once it gets the 4680s, leaving us having paid $20k for nothing real (like they have done before...)

Last edited:
Reactions: serendipitous
I'm hoping the +20k also includes track-worthy suspension/tires/wheels/brakes (similar to how the P85 and the P85+ were sold), although comparing to that era was a different Tesla altogether, haha. That said, the Cybertruck is getting 2.9s 0-60 & 500mi range in a huge F150-sized vehicle, that absolutely will need the new 4680 batteries to pull those numbers off, and it's max price is less than the lowest priced LR S, so I don't think the batteries themselves are what makes the Plaid+ $20k more than the regular Plaid.

Here's to hoping it's not just software that they roll into the Plaid once it gets the 4680s, leaving us having paid $20k for nothing real (like they have done before...)
You’re paying more to get newer tech (batteries) sooner. I don’t think they’ll be putting any really great add ons except motor and battery.

Based on the delayed availability I’d guess it’s much more than just software. I’d also guess that the truck is going to be incredibly Spartan and lacking almost anything resembling a luxury.

I wonder if the steering wheel thing is causing the delay

Maybe

UrOxh45.png

Strong demand as well

I
If anyone was wondering what they new ambient lighting will look like, I think its shown on their website. Hopefully its multi-colour but still much better than what is currently included on the cars. Don't know if someone already noticed this though.
View attachment 647000
I think those are just chrome accents...Not sure you'd be able to see ambient lighting with this rendering given the light.