Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Refresh Model X Delivery Times Reliability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my MX on November 30 and got a December 15-31 delivery date. I was never notified that the car wouldn't arrive and the delivery date disappeared from my account right before Christmas. During the last week of December, I emailed and texted two different sales agents at my local store multiple times and neither of them ever responded. After the refresh was announced, a delivery date of February 15 - March 15 showed up. That has now disappeared and there is no indication of delivery time at all. I have not been contacted by Tesla and my order still shows the original price. I have gone from being very excited about getting a Tesla to not really caring at all at this point. If they value their customers this little, I'm not going to chase after them to give them my 100k, or 110k now, or maybe its 108k. I don't even know what the car will cost at this point.
Sorry, as with everything Tesla, you’ll get what you get when you get it. Or you won’t. But to your point, they don’t care particularly about customer service. That is a luxury they have while there is still no legitimate competition.

• Love
Reactions: AW9nineteen
Canceled my december order today because the delivery time was to long (september) and they cannot guarantee that september was the final delivery date. I have allready sold my previous car in december and i don’t want to wait that long.
Instead I ordered a Taycan 4S last weekend.
Completely different car I know, but after the testride I was instantly in love!
However I still love the model X...

Canceled my december order today because the delivery time was to long (september) and they cannot guarantee that september was the final delivery date. I have allready sold my previous car in december and i don’t want to wait that long.
Completely different car I know, but after the testride I was instantly in love!

We are in a similar boat. Our excitement for a Model X quickly evaporated when the price went up $10k and the range dropped. Add to that Elon's recent interview that made the yoke steering wheel sound like it's really made for FSD and we weren't getting FSD. I simply cannot see how the refreshed Model X is worth $40k more than the Model Y. We sold our Model 3 in prep for the Model X, but now we might just just keep the money and drive our old Subaru until Tesla has more legitimate competition.

Interesting that Europe has Sept. delivery but Canada still has May/June... I guess due missing the ship that goes over this quarter.

I suspect a few orders will be cancelled due to the price increase as I read not everyone with old orders have been contacted yet.

My neighbor just bought himself a Taycan Turbo S. Nice car, but he says it is very range limited. But, since no one is driving to work, who cares about range?:)

We are in a similar boat. Our excitement for a Model X quickly evaporated when the price went up $10k and the range dropped. Add to that Elon's recent interview that made the yoke steering wheel sound like it's really made for FSD and we weren't getting FSD. I simply cannot see how the refreshed Model X is worth $40k more than the Model Y. We sold our Model 3 in prep for the Model X, but now we might just just keep the money and drive our old Subaru until Tesla has more legitimate competition.
I am also wondering about that. The lease on X is up at the end of May. I want to test drive the new X and a Y before deciding. My concern with the Y is all the comments on the harsh ride. The X is about the limit of that for me. I do not like the ride in our 3 LR.

We ordered 4s with performance battery. This one has more range than the turbo S.
In normal weatherconditions + 400 km. In Belgium we don’t need more range ;).

Many of us here in the US do not need that much range also. But, with EVs it is a huge issue because of the large gaps between charging stations, limited stalls, and slow charging rates of many. Tesla has the biggest network, but it uses a proprietary connector so does not support non-Tesla vehicles.

I ordered my MX on November 30 and got a December 15-31 delivery date. I was never notified that the car wouldn't arrive and the delivery date disappeared from my account right before Christmas. During the last week of December, I emailed and texted two different sales agents at my local store multiple times and neither of them ever responded. After the refresh was announced, a delivery date of February 15 - March 15 showed up. That has now disappeared and there is no indication of delivery time at all. I have not been contacted by Tesla and my order still shows the original price. I have gone from being very excited about getting a Tesla to not really caring at all at this point. If they value their customers this little, I'm not going to chase after them to give them my 100k, or 110k now, or maybe its 108k. I don't even know what the car will cost at this point.

I'd say your experience is likely poor sales experience. My sales advisor has been pretty pro-active explaining how the $2K incentive would work, and how I needed to go in, confirm my new preferences by editing the build and acknowledging the new price point. I also had a Feb 15-March 15 delivery estimate at first that's disappeared, but the team in MN has consistently been telling me to expect mid March at the earliest to end of April, but in typical Tesla fashion they're going to be pushing to hit Q numbers and delivery by end of March if possible.

Just curious what people think the ACTUAL delivery times will be for the new Model X refresh? Are there factors (paint, options, etc) that you think could delay the delivery? I'm new to the Tesla community but it looks like Tesla has a history of over-promising and under-delivering when it comes to these things. I placed an order the day the refresh was announced and like everyone else was given an estimate of April. I'm personally interested because I will be selling my current car so trying to plan the timing of that. Thanks!
I ordered mine on January 18th and delivery is 1st week of April.

@Algbc Do you have an actual day or did your advisor give you an estimate? I have a similar estimate and would be shocked if I see mine before May.

I've ordered on Dec 19th, and just see the generic "prepare for delivery" page without dates there. I accepted verbally the new model on Jan 29th.
I’ve said it before, I know, but I don’t think they’re building any production S or X cars right now. So I don’t think they can give real dates for delivery.

I get it. feels awkward to see some people with dates on it, and since mine disappeared, with an old order, and nothing moving, feeling like left behind.

I've ordered on Dec 19th, and just see the generic "prepare for delivery" page without dates there. I accepted verbally the new model on Jan 29th.

I get it. feels awkward to see some people with dates on it, and since mine disappeared, with an old order, and nothing moving, feeling like left behind.
I hear you. Nobody ever understands how they prioritize but we know it is NOT in order of when you placed an order - they say it’s based on configuration. I’ve not heard of anyone who has a specific date other than “April 1 to April 30”. There was some random posting on a site about someone who shared a screenshot, but I don’t think it’s legit.

Well how's that. I ordered my Model X Plaid around Jan 30th. Was advised of delivery timeframe of 'April'. Well, so far, so good.
Only, that delivery timeframe has since disappeared. I have no idea when my car will be delivered.

The other problem I see is that Tesla ran my credit for the lease and when they approved me, they told me the approval is good for 90 days only.

If they run another hard pull on my credit because they can't deliver in 90 days, I am taking them to court. Scam artists. I have a Taycan 4S and it's perfect. Not sure exactly why I thought I needed a Model X to begin with; in science, X is the unknown variable, so perhaps it pertains to the unknown delivery date. What did they run my credit for??

Well how's that. I ordered my Model X Plaid around Jan 30th. Was advised of delivery timeframe of 'April'. Well, so far, so good.
Only, that delivery timeframe has since disappeared. I have no idea when my car will be delivered.

The other problem I see is that Tesla ran my credit for the lease and when they approved me, they told me the approval is good for 90 days only.

If they run another hard pull on my credit because they can't deliver in 90 days, I am taking them to court. Scam artists. I have a Taycan 4S and it's perfect. Not sure exactly why I thought I needed a Model X to begin with; in science, X is the unknown variable, so perhaps it pertains to the unknown delivery date. What did they run my credit for??

They told me to fill out the credit app ASAP when they called to confirm my refresh order. I told them I’d wait until I got a vin number and delivery date. Who knows when the car will actually be delivered and I didn’t want to run the app more than once. It’s the same issue for the trade in, it’s only good for a few weeks before you have to submit it again.