Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was July 25-Aug 5. Then turned blank most this week. Moved to august yesterday, now this morning moved August 2-16. Bummer. At least I’ve got a date range. 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• 4BD60CE5-586F-4B5A-AE75-EE24FFFB6D75.jpeg
    4BD60CE5-586F-4B5A-AE75-EE24FFFB6D75.jpeg
    431 KB · Views: 96
Are you able to ask your friend what his 0-60 times are?

I am a current Palladium long range owner, one of the first and my 0-60 time is unfortunately much slower than my PM3. I put in a service ticket, but the best I'm pulling is 3.6 to 60 with/wo cheetah stance and regardless of SoC.

I was so excited to get my LR and I love it, but I was hoping it would beat the PM3 to 60 and it does not.

Sounds like something may be wrong, there is already a couple videos of PM3 vs long range side by side and off a launch they are pretty much dead on and then after 60 the LR pulls away hard.

Another day..another blank status.. December order date with notorious 19s
Its ridiculous. There are 1148s who have their vins and the only thing holding back is 19s. Makes zero sense. As a customer im beyond furious and would never suggest anyone buy a new tesla if they want one that bad go used. The customer service is that bad. Part of the draw is the minimal maintenance and not having to take in the car every 4 months for upkeep but I have never had an experience at the mechanics be as shady as this process is. As an investor im fully ready to dump shares after the next run up as this type of service is unsustainable once the rest of auto manus get there cars produced. If it wasn't for the charging network this would be a dump. Elons comments on tesla would die without him are nonsense. Who changes the wheels last minute and then gives zero communication as to why or when people 6 figure car will be ready

I have a delivery appointment showing in my account for tomorrow at 11:00 AM, but no word yet from the delivery center as to whether my VIN has even left Fremont yet (apparently, the car was finished and ready to go a week ago) and I'm in CA. Interestingly, I inspected my account web page source code and there is a hidden estimated delivery window of "Estimated Delivery: July 17 - July 20". So I guess I might be waiting until Tuesday or longer. I'd really like my car now. Should have picked it up in Fremont!
So I got a call from "Delivery Operations". This is the first time someone has called me with information (I'm the one who has always initiated communications).

Disappointingly, he said he had to push out my delivery appointment to next Saturday. The good news is that the car is fully detailed and ready and waiting for me in Palm Springs. Apparently, the factory put a hold on a block of VINs and mine was one of them. No information on the reason for the hold, but he said typically they are awaiting Fremont to push a software update, and that could happen at any time. I find it odd that a subset of VINs would require a software update. I would think all builds of the Model S Refresh would use the same software, unless there has been a modification in the build that requires a new update.

In any case, better for them to delivery a quality car, then rush it out. I've waited this long, what's another week.

So I got a call from "Delivery Operations". This is the first time someone has called me with information (I'm the one who has always initiated communications).

Disappointingly, he said he had to push out my delivery appointment to next Saturday. The good news is that the car is fully detailed and ready and waiting for me in Palm Springs. Apparently, the factory put a hold on a block of VINs and mine was one of them. No information on the reason for the hold, but he said typically they are awaiting Fremont to push a software update, and that could happen at any time. I find it odd that a subset of VINs would require a software update. I would think all builds of the Model S Refresh would use the same software, unless there has been a modification in the build that requires a new update.

In any case, better for them to delivery a quality car, then rush it out. I've waited this long, what's another week.
So, the car is ready for you at palm springs. What is the reason for delaying delivery?

So, the car is ready for you at palm springs. What is the reason for delaying delivery?
They called it a factory hold, and the local delivery center was not given a reason; told simply not to deliver the car until further notice. Typically, they say it needs some sort of software update. But that seems odd that only some cars would need the update. Wouldn't all cars need whatever update it is? Definitely sounds like some quality control issue that needed to be addressed, but no information at all regarding the reason for the delay.

They called it a factory hold, and the local delivery center was not given a reason; told simply not to deliver the car until further notice. Typically, they say it needs some sort of software update. But that seems odd that only some cars would need the update. Wouldn't all cars need whatever update it is? Definitely sounds like some quality control issue that needed to be addressed, but no information at all regarding the reason for the delay.
Yeah I don’t think a software update is the reason… I have heard rumors of quality control issues with these new S but hopefully they’re figuring things out quickly

Reactions: derevan007

My best guess is that they ran out of Tesla approved washer fluid and am waiting for it to arrive.