Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Again, sorry for the cross post but this should give some hope for someone who had very close Edds such as July something ~ August something.

I just talked with SA and told me my car was built on July 22nd.

I was getting timeframe from July 17th, your car would be already built but just waiting for ok sign from factory side inspection(SA told me there's an inspection before they assign the VIN and that's why there's an about weekly gab between built date and VIN assignment date.

Just be little more patient, you'll get a VIN soon.

Just for awareness my SA contacted me out of the blue and said that they have been authorized to remove FSD without impacting the price of LR for those who got in before the $5000 price increase. I had him remove it and sure enough base price was not effected.
This is great news. I was on the fence and after reading more about true use of FSD is suspect (given auto steer is good enough for now) and Elons comment on FSD at quarterly call was the last straw for me. Do any of you see this differently?

FWIW, staying put in August EDD for Chicagoland area.

Reactions: travwill
Just spoke to SA. Stated that my dec 2020 order is in build mode and that I should expect September delivery. I ordered mid dec LR MSM 19 FSO. NY. My EDD currently states July.
he did say that some orders do not even say they are in build mode which most likely means late this year. And for new orders. Next year.
Dang... a December order and not even expected until September still? Not looking good for my Jan order...

Spoke to my SA. Asked about the S’s push to Fed/March as well as my June order not holding a date lately. Here’s his reply. Note, as I stated, hes always straight up, never BS’s, and is super likable. This is my 4th Tesla with him.

“XXX, our automated algorithm has been giving us some headaches on the customer end! Right now I am still seeing ETA for the tail end of October. Very rough date, but still much better than 2022 haha”

Keeps it 100%! LMAO

It is all in the magical, right order configurations. Black/black/21s.
New to the group from MD. Visited my local dealership on Monday and they had two MSLR's one black/black/21s and another black/cream/21s getting prepped for delivery. I ordered my MSLR on 6/10 and now have no estimated delivery date. Ordered silver/black/21s.

Reactions: Gaskinse and cwanja
Dang... a December order and not even expected until September still? Not looking good for my Jan order...
Not to mention my May 1 order for almost the same car with a current EDD of September. If December orders are being delivered in September (CRAP), maybe it is 2022 for me after all. Good thing I was planning on buying and selling my current vehicle at the end of the lease in November anyway because of the high used car prices. I was thinking of pulling the trigger on the 21" wheels to push my date up a little but not with the $5k price increase ($4.5k maybe but not $9.5k for 21" wheels).

My order has held a delivery window for about a week now just shifting by a day every day. It's 7/31 to 8/14 today. Could this mean I'm in build planning and I might actually see a car this year? Hope springs eternal...
We had EDD, that moved 1 day everyday for a couple of weeks. Then got VIN a week ago and date has locked at AUG 1-7. Called SA today. Said he shows car should be there on Aug 6th, ready for delivery within 3 days of that. Must be on train from CA to here.

Well, here another giant womp womp for the white/white crowd. I just reached out to my SA and he said that it doesn't look like I'm soft matched for production this quarter. So who knows, but I'm guessing it'll either be EOQ sugar show or I'll get it sometime before xmas. This sucks.
I'm honestly not sure how they could even know that, but even if it were true, there's nothing here linking the delay to white/white build. It could quite easily be the 19s that are pushing it into October. We've been hearing October here and there for most 19 builds since June, tbh (admittedly, just like all other info that's gone out, without any legitimacy whatsoever)

Reactions: cwanja
Spoke to my SA. Asked about the S’s push to Fed/March as well as my June order not holding a date lately. Here’s his reply. Note, as I stated, hes always straight up, never BS’s, and is super likable. This is my 4th Tesla with him.

“XXX, our automated algorithm has been giving us some headaches on the customer end! Right now I am still seeing ETA for the tail end of October. Very rough date, but still much better than 2022 haha”

Keeps it 100%! LMAO
I honestly don't know hwo you guys have such responsive and transparent SAs; in the rare cases when he actually responds to a text or a call, he does not appear to want to go the extra mile to look into my VIN and knows less than you guys do about what's going on.

Reactions: Drew-MS
Well, here another giant womp womp for the white/white crowd. I just reached out to my SA and he said that it doesn't look like I'm soft matched for production this quarter. So who knows, but I'm guessing it'll either be EOQ sugar show or I'll get it sometime before xmas. This sucks.
You ordered 3 weeks after me, same build. Spoke to someone at the delivery center this morning and he said that they are just waiting for a production match. Its rolling. So, I call BS on your SA. sit tight.

Reactions: cwanja
I'm honestly not sure how they could even know that, but even if it were true, there's nothing here linking the delay to white/white build. It could quite easily be the 19s that are pushing it into October. We've been hearing October here and there for most 19 builds since June, tbh (admittedly, just like all other info that's gone out, without any legitimacy whatsoever)
There was before the latest site updates. There was a note saying White interiors won't start shipping till September.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210726-202521_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210726-202521_Chrome.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 75
I honestly don't know hwo you guys have such responsive and transparent SAs; in the rare cases when he actually responds to a text or a call, he does not appear to want to go the extra mile to look into my VIN and knows less than you guys do about what's going on.

I’d call another SC, voice your concern and ask if they can give their opinion after looking at your account. Maybe that’ll help? Worth a try!

Reactions: Drew-MS
No, it was Elliot from the Devon delivery center. Glad to hear they have another good SA to deal with for our area!

You're either going to have to be understanding of the current manufacturing climate or pull the plug and buy from someone else. Good luck finding what you want on a lot though. Even before this mess, it was tough to find a car on the lot with the options and colors you wanted. I got my Model 3 when they were ramping production back when it was released in 2018. No chip shortage or manufacturing woes and still took awhile for people to get their cars. Delivery day was crazy, cars and people everywhere like a mad house. Meanwhile Nissan and Toyota had SAs folding their arms across the street while they see potential customers buy from someone else. As a I stated a few pages back, Tesla is still in it's infancy stage and still have a lot of growing pains to work through. Right now, they're just focused on cleaning house with sales.

I refreshed my page, took awhile but I got in with my EDD still intact
Talked to my SA today, said he was unsure if my August(it disappeared a week ago) would hold. He also said he has not received any word on any of his orders with white interiors.