Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
why did you decide to remove the FSD?

Not my post but appropriate.

I had FSD on my order since 1/1/21. HOWEVER when the subscription was finally being offered up I canceled FSD and will pay the $199 monthly whenever something meaningful is available.

I have prepaid for FSD 4 times now and it really sux to get nothing close to the FSD purchase price back on resale. (Even tho Elon says it’s worth $100,000).

Trading my car every ~2 years it is in MY interest to just wait and subscribe whenever I feel like it’s worth $199

Coworker picked his up today. Hope he's enjoying it. Ugh front license plates are so uggggglyyyy. These are the only two pics he shared. Hopefully he'll bring it by so I can at least have seen one in person 🙂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210728-211010.jpg
    Screenshot_20210728-211010.jpg
    990.3 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot_20210728-210943.jpg
    Screenshot_20210728-210943.jpg
    841.4 KB · Views: 54
The Wood or Carbon Fiber interiors choice showing in your attachment only applies to the Plaid. There is no secondary selection for LR interiors; they all show as wood.
Sure. Because the LR estimates were already past September so they didn't put the disclaimer there because it didn't apply to LR estimated delivery dates. Same thing they did with the 19" wheels. Which is proving correct as well.

I'm really struggling to understand how new LR orders can be delayed to Feb/March. The stated annual production capacity is 100,000 for the Model S/X line. A little over 2,000 were produced last quarter. I highly doubt that Plaid orders have the demand to take up this type of production capacity. Supply chain issues make sense but I would imagine that late 2021 makes sense for new orders. All dealerships in my area have nearly empty car lots so supply chain is not just a Tesla issue, but with these new estimates maybe there is a real serious problem with Model S production. Any insiders with more information?

Also, I personally think it is really unfair to continue to prioritize Plaid over MSLR. If you ordered in 2020 or Jan/Feb/March '21 to see Plaid orders in June get fulfilled 2 weeks later is a slap in the face. It's understandable for EOQ push but I would hope that orders are fulfilled based on order date for the current quarter. Lastly, please open the 19" flood gates, if that ever becomes a thing.

- Frustrated in Chicago

MSLR Black/Black | 19" | FSD | Ordered 2.10.21 | Blank for weeks and weeks
I told my SA that if my LR ends up being like November or December I’ll just cancel and get the plaid next year. I am already waiting 6 months I’ll just wait another year to get a plaid over a LR.

I told my SA that if my LR ends up being like November or December I’ll just cancel and get the plaid next year. I am already waiting 6 months I’ll just wait another year to get a plaid over a LR.
You should just cancel now. Because you ordered in July. You'll be well into Q4 for sure.

I’ll see though. I had a estimated delivery date of august. Now showing blank. So I’ll wait late august and beginning of September. If it hits in the beginning of October I’ll cancel for sure.
lol, so did I. White interiors are very delayed. Sept estimation based on the main website before the change, saying white interiors would start delivering in Sept. I'm quite a bit before you ordering wise, I had August as well, now blank again.

Reactions: JPInnovative
Is anyone else wondering if this new Feb-March delivery estimate for new orders from Sept-October change for new MSLR orders might be related to Tesla starting up MX production? They haven’t said anything to indicate that is the case and new MX orders have the same Feb-March delivery estimates, but they must have some 2020 and first half of 2021 MX orders to fill. Perhaps those will be Q3/Q4 production and MS will stop/slow at some point later this year?
Or maybe Tesla is switching over to RH driven models to ship for EOQ3 delivery?

Still blank here. My SA shows I’m in the September timeline for my config. I asked if I switched to 21s now would it move me up? His reply was it would actually move me back to that Feb-March 2022 timeline. He has been very candid with his responses and wonderful to work with.
I Don't have an SA I deal directly with corporate. He said realistically my early Feb order (Blk interior 19" wheels) will be ready Early October. He said he will try to pull some strings for me so maybe September. I really hope your right, but I doubt your order from two weeks ago will be ready before mine....

Reactions: kj71109
Still blank here. My SA shows I’m in the September timeline for my config. I asked if I switched to 21s now would it move me up? His reply was it would actually move me back to that Feb-March 2022 timeline. He has been very candid with his responses and wonderful to work with.
Interesting. I have the exact same config ordered the date of the refresh, Jan 27. Not a peep when I can expect my car and my EDD has been blank for ten weeks. How and where SAs get their info is as much of mystery as when we will get our cars.

Reactions: kj71109 and GrnSqrl
I Don't have an SA I deal directly with corporate. He said realistically my early Feb order (Blk interior 19" wheels) will be ready Early October. He said he will try to pull some strings for me so maybe September. I really hope your right, but I doubt your order from two weeks ago will be ready before mine....
Any chance you can ask this corp contact what a red exterior, white interior, LR on 19" wheels ordered in early Jan would have as an ETA? I see July as my EDD still, and that's certainly not happening. lol

Thanks!

Just took delivery of Model S LR. Black/Black/21s. No FSD. Ordered early May. RN1149. There were probably 6-7 MSLR on the lot. Apparently <25 have been delivered in GA so far.

This is my first Tesla. Car is amazing. Faster than I expected. Easier to 1-pedal drive than I expected. Yoke is different but on the balance a net improvement.

One bad thing I don't think others have noted much is that rear visibility and side mirrors are surprisingly poor.

Good thing: I think the front windshield is UV protected and sides are somewhat tinted/protected. I'm going to see how I like it before I try to tint it. I used to tint dark but now I dont really like that look as much.

I'm going to try to live with trickle charging at home :-/

Hope you all get your cars soon. I have lurked here for months...
Congrats on your car.

I have exact same config, black/black/21”, no FSD. RN 1149, ordered on 5/19, Rockville, MD area. First I was given EDD of 7/26-8/4. So I got excited and sold my 2016 model S to a private party. But since then, Tesla kept pushing the date everyday, I am at 8/12-8/26 now. I was hoping Tesla would prioritize existing owners, guess that’s not the case.

Reactions: JaeTheDev