Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • I found a puddle under my car in the garage on a non-rainy day. It was clear and didn't feel greasy, so I think it was water that was trapped in the undercarriage panel. Scared the crap out of me, but I've been watching and so far, no leaks.
Could also be condensation from the AC if you were running it. I sometimes create lakes down here in South Texas.

New here- I have a RN1151 east coast delivery, spec is Model S LR Blue with white interior and 19inch. Ordered early july and had a EDD of Sep-Oct. That got pushed back to Feb 2022 and then back to December 2021.. About 2 weeks ago EDD went blank and just got updated to Feb 2022 last night... I've read that some people get vin numbers assigned when this EDD process happens. Should I be expecting my car soon? :))

Tesla Model S LR, black with cream interior, 19 inch wheels

Finally got my Model S delivered Tuesday. It was a unique experience for sure. Initially, I wasn’t too impressed with the service from the delivery team at my location…but ended up making the best of it. I knew they were doing the best they could. First issue was that the delivery driver was over his hours and ended up driving 4 miles past the Tesla exit to a truck stop. I was supposed to get my car at 2pm but he didn’t deliver until 4. The second issue something with the trunk latch/actuator that locked the trunk completely and wouldn’t open. Finally around 6:30pm I asked if I could just bring it back and have them order whatever part they needed. I brought it back the next day and they fixed it without having to order any parts.

They did tell me that the trunk well cover and the upper trunk shelf/separator was on backorder, but they’d call the second they came in. I’m ok with that - they’ve got q3 deliveries to meet and as a stockholder, I’m not gonna complain. It’d be a shame to have tens of thousands of cars sitting at the factory just waiting on a couple of flat, plastic, carpeted pieces. I, and I’m sure most owners, would rather have their cars a few weeks early as well.

Pros:
- This is the first time every riding or driving a Tesla. Bajeezus, the power is addictive.
- I like the yolk and the only time it’s a little awkward is turning in reverse.
- The tech is common sense to make things very easy - like homelink automatic open/close, auto-steer, etc. I do plan on upgrading to FSD but wanted to put that on a credit card for points since 1) it’s a large purchase and 2) minimize annual tag cost.
- The controls, layout, system etc is very intuitive.
- One pedal driving is one of my faves
- After playing with the fart machine, I’ve determined that Elon musk is the worlds oldest 12 year old. I’m so glad he’s not worried about having to act professional. Could you imagine Bob Lutz putting that feature in a caddy? Lol
- The style: in my opinion, one of the most beautiful cars ever designed.
- Value. Despite the net $8k increase after ordering pre-refresh, I still value this over a model 3 performance bc of the styling, range, and luxury. (But with the new $90k base price, I’m not sure)

Cons: (most of these I’m sure will get easier with time)
- I’m not used to the turn signal buttons yet. I’ve caught myself a few instances with them on after switching lanes on the interstate for extended periods.
- Vampire drain. I’ve learned this is primarily due to sentry mode and since turned it off. I plan on using it manually when needed in shady situations :).
- The windshield fogs up VERY quickly in my humid climate…and the interior side of
it is a bitch to clean with the angle/slope it has. At least the bugs/rocks are minimal. I’ve also ordered a de-fogging treatment that I hope will help.
- Insurance is $$$. My second car is an 09 Wrangler 4-door and my insurance here is ~$250 a month now for both…when with just the wrangler, it was around $80. I do plan on shopping around next month with my policy expires.

All in all, it’s an excellent car. I may have already convinced a couple other friends to place orders :).

day 4 with the LR here...and i find the yoke superior to the round wheel. i love turning with it , love the buttons over stalks, cruising straight is easier thanks to the width, etc etc..and i'm in my mid 50's.

when i read negative stories i feel like its fake news!
If a person’s experience doesn’t resonate with you, that doesn’t mean fake news. So i wish you had not put the fake label on it

Tesla Model S LR, black with cream interior, 19 inch wheels

Finally got my Model S delivered Tuesday. It was a unique experience for sure. Initially, I wasn’t too impressed with the service from the delivery team at my location…but ended up making the best of it. I knew they were doing the best they could. First issue was that the delivery driver was over his hours and ended up driving 4 miles past the Tesla exit to a truck stop. I was supposed to get my car at 2pm but he didn’t deliver until 4. The second issue something with the trunk latch/actuator that locked the trunk completely and wouldn’t open. Finally around 6:30pm I asked if I could just bring it back and have them order whatever part they needed. I brought it back the next day and they fixed it without having to order any parts.

They did tell me that the trunk well cover and the upper trunk shelf/separator was on backorder, but they’d call the second they came in. I’m ok with that - they’ve got q3 deliveries to meet and as a stockholder, I’m not gonna complain. It’d be a shame to have tens of thousands of cars sitting at the factory just waiting on a couple of flat, plastic, carpeted pieces. I, and I’m sure most owners, would rather have their cars a few weeks early as well.

Pros:
- This is the first time every riding or driving a Tesla. Bajeezus, the power is addictive.
- I like the yolk and the only time it’s a little awkward is turning in reverse.
- The tech is common sense to make things very easy - like homelink automatic open/close, auto-steer, etc. I do plan on upgrading to FSD but wanted to put that on a credit card for points since 1) it’s a large purchase and 2) minimize annual tag cost.
- The controls, layout, system etc is very intuitive.
- One pedal driving is one of my faves
- After playing with the fart machine, I’ve determined that Elon musk is the worlds oldest 12 year old. I’m so glad he’s not worried about having to act professional. Could you imagine Bob Lutz putting that feature in a caddy? Lol
- The style: in my opinion, one of the most beautiful cars ever designed.
- Value. Despite the net $8k increase after ordering pre-refresh, I still value this over a model 3 performance bc of the styling, range, and luxury. (But with the new $90k base price, I’m not sure)

Cons: (most of these I’m sure will get easier with time)
- I’m not used to the turn signal buttons yet. I’ve caught myself a few instances with them on after switching lanes on the interstate for extended periods.
- Vampire drain. I’ve learned this is primarily due to sentry mode and since turned it off. I plan on using it manually when needed in shady situations :).
- The windshield fogs up VERY quickly in my humid climate…and the interior side of
it is a bitch to clean with the angle/slope it has. At least the bugs/rocks are minimal. I’ve also ordered a de-fogging treatment that I hope will help.
- Insurance is $$$. My second car is an 09 Wrangler 4-door and my insurance here is ~$250 a month now for both…when with just the wrangler, it was around $80. I do plan on shopping around next month with my policy expires.

All in all, it’s an excellent car. I may have already convinced a couple other friends to place orders :).
Doesn't the defroster do an adequate job removing the fog from the windshield?

Reactions: cwanja
The teasing is real. Just switched back again from october/nov to this

Attachments

• D96C5374-7B38-4BD2-BD33-F76651DAADB3.jpeg
    D96C5374-7B38-4BD2-BD33-F76651DAADB3.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 64
Doesn't the defroster do an adequate job removing the fog from the windshield?
For the most part but I have to switch cold to heat until it defogs, and then back to cold…until it fogs…rinse and repeat. We’ve just had a lot of rain here the past week, and with it being high 70s some nights with that humidity, the condensation was just exceptionally high. Last night, it didn’t rain and I didn’t have an issue. I’m honestly still getting used to the auto climate control feature so it’s probably a little user error as well 😬

Reactions: Danlbrau
For what it is worth, it is called a yoke. No eggs were harmed in the making of your vehicle.
😂 I actually had this exact conversation with someone who thought both spellings were “yoke”. I kinda laughed and told her that yolk was with eggs and yoke was a harness or a steering control for aircraft. So I deserve this 🤗

The sad thing is that I’m a crew chief on mid-air refuelers in the air guard, so my unit may disown me if they knew I made the mistake above lol.

Ok… after EDD being stuck at 10/4-10/24 for over 6 weeks, it changed this morning to 10/20-11/9. So the EDD shuffle finally has begun for me.

Not complaining. Actually prefer it being pushed out a bit to perhaps getting a bit better built quality with ‘22 VIN.

Still very concerned and disappointed with all the reports of built quality. Our ‘21 M3LR built is just so so, far from exceptional.

Random off topic rambling - supposed to be getting a call in October to local Ford dealership to place order for ‘22 Lightning. Will see how that experience goes. Thinking of using it as kinda of the battery back up option instead of power walls. Don’t even get me stated on my TESLA Solar with multiple power wall experience. The most frustrating and incompetent service process ever. Absolutely the most terribly managed business.

anyway back to topic on hand -
RN1149, MSLR 19’/White/Cream/no FSD. Happy waiting to all.

• Informative
Reactions: MEL-22 and Danlbrau
Ok… after EDD being stuck at 10/4-10/24 for over 6 weeks, it changed this morning to 10/20-11/9. So the EDD shuffle finally has begun for me.

Not complaining. Actually prefer it being pushed out a bit to perhaps getting a bit better built quality with ‘22 VIN.

Still very concerned and disappointed with all the reports of built quality. Our ‘21 M3LR built is just so so, far from exceptional.

Random off topic rambling - supposed to be getting a call in October to local Ford dealership to place order for ‘22 Lightning. Will see how that experience goes. Thinking of using it as kinda of the battery back up option instead of power walls. Don’t even get me stated on my TESLA Solar with multiple power wall experience. The most frustrating and incompetent service process ever. Absolutely the most terribly managed business.

anyway back to topic on hand -
RN1149, MSLR 19’/White/Cream/no FSD. Happy waiting to all.
From everything I have seen the Ford “pre-order” process is a nightmare. People getting stuck with thousands of dollars in dealer markup when the car arrives doe delivery with no recourse except to walk away.

New here- I have a RN1151 east coast delivery, spec is Model S LR Blue with white interior and 19inch. Ordered early july and had a EDD of Sep-Oct. That got pushed back to Feb 2022 and then back to December 2021.. About 2 weeks ago EDD went blank and just got updated to Feb 2022 last night... I've read that some people get vin numbers assigned when this EDD process happens. Should I be expecting my car soon? :))
@adnanshake200 I received the same message today. We have similar RN11511, but I ordered early June. I’m hoping the same as you, that this is a glitch and we get a vin soon. 😁

Got an updated estimated delivery for my Model S LR Solid Black / Black 21" FSD. I ordered June 16, 2021, and RN 115158xxx. Delivery to Tysons, VA service center. Delivery window was October 27 to November 18 since August 16. Updated delivery is October 11 to October 31.

May mean I get a '21 instead of a '22.

T minus 23 / 43 days and counting...

Reactions: Woodchuck
Got an updated estimated delivery for my Model S LR Solid Black / Black 21" FSD. I ordered June 16, 2021, and RN 115158xxx. Delivery to Tysons, VA service center. Delivery window was October 27 to November 18 since August 16. Updated delivery is October 11 to October 31.

May mean I get a '21 instead of a '22.

T minus 23 / 43 days and counting...
I would go with T- 1/100 days, just to be safe.

• Funny
Reactions: cwanja