Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitely worth asking the SA about making sure you can get all-season tires then, when you get your delivery confirmation. Yeah, I'd prefer to not deal with this issue of course, but in the grand scheme of things I'll deal with this over continued delays in getting the car.

I got my SA to put it in a text. They will try to have them on before my delivery on Wednesday. Doubt the AS tires will be there but I'll keep pressing the issue to make sure they switch them even if not at delivery.
I actually did that after I made my post. He said that last week, the factory delivered the "wrong' tires, Pirelli Summer, on a few cars, and they got them swapped out for All Season. He assured me that AS will be delivered on mine.

• Informative
Reactions: MEL-22
Since I’ve only had my car a day I haven’t has a chance to figure it out, but do you know how to get superchargers to show up on the navigation screen? And more importantly, the usage level at each? My old MS had superchargers shown as a default as well as the number of stalls and how many were occupied and open. Can’t figure out hot to get that info with this one.
Try tapping on the map and see if a lightning bolt icon appears. When I tap on it on my current MS, I get a earth icon (satellite view), traffic icon and a lightning (charging icon). Could be massively different on the refresh though...

I am no mechanic or auto-inclined, but I do not think the vents match exactly. If anything, see if you can find a comparable option from Amazon with Prime (if you have it) for easy returns. Here are the parts:

Model S
View attachment 712161

Model 3
View attachment 712162
First, excellent investigative work.
Second, where can I find this parts manual?
Lastly, yes, you are correct. Just looking at the photos of the refresh on Tesla's site, I can see there are vast differences. I guess my point is that someone makes this for the M3, and maybe, just maybe, they will make one for the S. With all the charging pad in the S, and how few of us there are, I do not have high hopes.

Reactions: cwanja
First, excellent investigative work.
Second, where can I find this parts manual?
Lastly, yes, you are correct. Just looking at the photos of the refresh on Tesla's site, I can see there are vast differences. I guess my point is that someone makes this for the M3, and maybe, just maybe, they will make one for the S. With all the charging pad in the S, and how few of us there are, I do not have high hopes.
Thanks! Parts Catalog - use your Tesla account to login.

This weekend my delivery date was updated to Sept 26-30 and still no VIN.. What are my actual chances of this happening? When should I expect a VIN?

Mine updated to Sept 25-30, previously was Oct 9-29.

I called Tesla, because my closest pickup point is 325 miles away, and I need some lead time to arrange travel.

The SA told me Sept 25-30 was extremely unlikely, and to expect first half of October instead.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocketfan30
Try tapping on the map and see if a lightning bolt icon appears. When I tap on it on my current MS, I get a earth icon (satellite view), traffic icon and a lightning (charging icon). Could be massively different on the refresh though...
Yep, I did that and the satellite map comes up when I tap it but I get the satellite icon, traffic and a POI icon. Tapped it but no SCs show up. Odd

I got VIN 8/13 and delivery 8/25.
My experience has been the opposite. To characterize how I feel about Tesla's logistics and communications as "disappointed" would be a massive understatement.

Got a VIN 8/28, original delivery date of 9/8-9/14.

Since then I have had my date move out 9 times. First it was transit from El Paso to Birmingham that was delayed, and now it's been sitting in the Alabama rail yard for over a week.
  • Last Friday, it was expected at the SC on Sunday (9/19)
  • On Sunday, it was pushed to Tuesday (9/21)
  • Yesterday it was pushed to Wednesday night (9/22)
God only knows when I am going to get this car, but it'll be close to a month between receiving a VIN and taking delivery.

Just wanted to vent a bit.

Ordered msm with white interior and 19s in mid May. Rn1149. EDD was Sept. for most of the summer and then the apology email came and date shifted to oct-nov

Last week i woke up to an updated EDD of Sept.20-Sept.30. I immediatly refreshed my loan and called SC in Fremont to get a better idea of timeline. I was told the vehicle is build phase and should be good to go by end of month or early October.

Unfortunately, today i woke up to new EDD of Nov.29- Dec.19

How in hell does it fluctuate by that much!?

Ordered msm with white interior and 19s in mid May. Rn1149. EDD was Sept. for most of the summer and then the apology email came and date shifted to oct-nov

Last week i woke up to an updated EDD of Sept.20-Sept.30. I immediatly refreshed my loan and called SC in Fremont to get a better idea of timeline. I was told the vehicle is build phase and should be good to go by end of month or early October.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the EDD. Sounds like you will be getting it sometime in October. Unless of course, something is holding up white interiors. We won’t know until more white interior orders start to get pushed back

It’s brutal. I have resolved to the fact that until you get a VIN# the date ranges mean absolutely nothing. You can gain some trends from what people share in here but that’s about it.

for example all deliveries the past 30ish days have been 19” wheels.

I also ordered mid May and have had EDDs every single month starting in July through January of next year. All at different times and different orders.

The system is completely flawed. It does do a great job of pissing everyone off though.

Last edited:

Last week i woke up to an updated EDD of Sept.20-Sept.30. I immediately refreshed my loan and called SC in Fremont to get a better idea of timeline. I was told the vehicle is build phase and should be good to go by end of month or early October.

I've got corporate on the line right now and will have an answer shortly....stand by.
Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 10.51.29 AM.png

Delivery date has been finalized. I didnt get to choose though. My EDD was sept 22-28. My SA asked if I wanted to pick it up on Sept 27. I replied that I would like to pick it up the earliest possible date and thats what they choose for me.

February 20: 5-11 weeks
May 14: August
May 15: June 1-30
May 16: August
May 17: Blank
August 10: September 19-30
August 13: September 17-30
August 17 : September 15-30
September 11: September 22-30
September 15: September 26-29 VIN received
September 17: September 22-28
September 20: uploaded insurance, received delivery appt for Sept 27 6pm