Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haha, I've had similarly frustrating calls.

The most common lie seems to be, "I'm seeing exactly what you're seeing." We know that they see more than the EDD based on several anecdotes on this forum. If they just told us what they saw, we'd probably call less frequently. I know that they can't make guarantees, but it's helpful to have more information.

One of them though, was fantastic. I asked if the car was coming with summer, or all-season tires. I was told that although it's coming with summer tires, they're "not the most performance summer tires". Basically, I should be ok unless I'm driving up to Killington in the winter. (This is completely false, those tires start to crack at 45 degrees Farenheight).

I thought it was funny that that's the example he used, because ... well, I'm going to drive up to Killington in the winter. He said it like Killington is not a common destination in the winter? I don't think anyone mentioned to him that people do ski and snowboard...

On top of that, he said that I'd have to get custom rims if I want ANY tires besides the summer tires, because these rims are a non-standard size. Bold faced lie. There are tires for these rims, you just need to get tires rated by Tesla. Plus, there are clearly all-season tires, as we know now.
You might get all seasons, its really just luck of the draw it seems. I think Tesla is just putting whatever they can source onto the cars.

Reactions: Woodchuck
You might get all seasons, its really just luck of the draw it seems. I think Tesla is just putting whatever they can source onto the cars.
I have in writing from my SC that I’m getting all seasons. If I don’t get them, I’ll go to them with the email and see what they can do. There’s precedent that you can get a free swap.

Delivery date has been finalized. I didnt get to choose though. My EDD was sept 22-28. My SA asked if I wanted to pick it up on Sept 27. I replied that I would like to pick it up the earliest possible date and thats what they choose for me.

February 20: 5-11 weeks
May 14: August
May 15: June 1-30
May 16: August
May 17: Blank
August 10: September 19-30
August 13: September 17-30
August 17 : September 15-30
September 11: September 22-30
September 15: September 26-29 VIN received
September 17: September 22-28
September 20: uploaded insurance, received delivery appt for Sept 27 6pm

MSLR RN 1145 OD 2/20/21 Blue/Black/19/FSD EDD 9/27 6pm Denver, CO
Incredibly similar story here
MSLR RN 1145 Blk/blk/19
OD 2/25
Vin approx 9/17
Called today and set up delivery for 9/25
SLC, UT

Military, military familiy member or military sponsor basically... That was my experience. My wife is 34+ years Army...
Open to anyone. $5 min deposit

Attachments

• 6EB123F1-F696-4F8B-91FF-652A08BA5065.png
    6EB123F1-F696-4F8B-91FF-652A08BA5065.png
    250.5 KB · Views: 78
What are the member requirements?
You can deposit $5 to a savings account and does not have to be in military. You get a member acct# and use for auto loan application. They have 1.99% for 60-72 mon and 1.79% for 36 months also. Got 1.79% but the approval was good for 30 days. have to apply again.

With all the stuff thats going on I think I am going to get a push tomorrow probably. I am a Fremont direct pickup and no VIN yet. EDD moved from 17-30 to 22-30 on the 18th. So I am guessing tomorrow it will either shrink more or move further to next month.
My SA's in Dublin and knows squat or even rarely responds. The email to the delivery team just tells me EDD is estimate only so wait for it. Just poor. I felt like a king when I bought my BMW x7.. just saying.
Whats the typical VIN assignment time for fremont deliveries anyone know.

yeah, not easy to find on the site but here it is...
That is a beautiful looking spoiler. And I understand my old one was secured with double sided tape but considering that could be removed in a heartbeat and goodbye $1,100 I don’t know if it’s going to be something this victim of having cars stripped around LA is going to invest in.

• Informative
Reactions: MEL-22
Had an infuriating conversation with a customer service rep over the phone today. For context, i ordered an MSM with white interior and 19s back in May.

Had an EDD of Sept. until August, then it changed to October after the apology email. Last week it went to Sept. 20-30 so i called Fremont and was told that my car is in build phase and should be ready this month or in October.

This Monday i woke up to updated EDD of Nov29-Dec19. Today i called customer service. This guy Jared picked up and proceeded to argue with me that no LR model s are in production and never been and only Plaids are in production. I told him that i have seen them and part of TMC and 100s of people have them. He told me im wrong and not seeing what im seeing. Said im seeing Plaids.

I never wanted to hurt someone so bad.
The people who work for Tesla routinely know less than the people on these forums. I don't even bother to ask anyone. I got into a pleasant "argument" with a service representative about the tires on my 2019 Model S. He had no idea what the T1 tire was and argued that they did not exist (when they were already on three of my wheels). It's not their fault. They are told nothing.

Reactions: MEL-22 and Danlbrau
Had an infuriating conversation with a customer service rep over the phone today. For context, i ordered an MSM with white interior and 19s back in May.

Had an EDD of Sept. until August, then it changed to October after the apology email. Last week it went to Sept. 20-30 so i called Fremont and was told that my car is in build phase and should be ready this month or in October.

This Monday i woke up to updated EDD of Nov29-Dec19. Today i called customer service. This guy Jared picked up and proceeded to argue with me that no LR model s are in production and never been and only Plaids are in production. I told him that i have seen them and part of TMC and 100s of people have them. He told me im wrong and not seeing what im seeing. Said im seeing Plaids.

I never wanted to hurt someone so bad.
File this one under “another Tesla employee that has absolutely no idea what he’s talking about”.

And that is going to be a very long book.

Sorry for the treatment you are getting. Hopefully when the car finally comes it will be a distant memory.

Reactions: Leojsayta