Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else mentioned that the Energy application is missing? (I admit I did not do a through search.) I saw this mentioned in one of teh YouTube reviews (one by Marques Brownlee just posted this week) so i looked in the user manual for the new S. I could not find any mention of what I think of as the separate Energy application that was formerly available on the center screen with a mini-version for the instrument cluster (which I use all the time as the default for my right-hand panel). From reading the manual, it seems as if the functions of the Energy app are now only available as part of the trip planning function. It also might be partly available from the Trips screen, but the manual has no illustration of that screen so I am unsure what information from the Energy app is being displayed. E.g., can you still select the distance over which it does its calculations (5, 15 and 30 miles on my car)?
To me, the loss of that app is a big loss -- I use it all the time!

Ok since I am so stumped.....Anyone else loose TuneIn and Theater with update 25.5 I have rebooted and powered off to no avail. Really sucks on commute :)
Read someone else saw / experienced the same thing. Not sure if it’s earlier in this thread. The main S delivery thread. The LR thread. The 19” thread. The delivery hold thread. Or where, but I read it!

Reactions: Ramphex and smf72
Read someone else saw / experienced the same thing. Not sure if it’s earlier in this thread. The main S delivery thread. The LR thread. The 19” thread. The delivery hold thread. Or where, but I read it!
Probably was me searching for answers. Seems some 3's are having the issue as well

Reactions: cwanja
I have two software glitches.
1) overheat protection not working. I definitely checked the box to turn it on. But my car was 130 degrees today. Way above the threshold for that feature
2)auto gear select doesn’t work. My car has never once offered a gear selection. I have to select every time.

anyone else? Or did I forget something that is preventing these from working

thx

I have two software glitches.
1) overheat protection not working. I definitely checked the box to turn it on. But my car was 130 degrees today. Way above the threshold for that feature
2)auto gear select doesn’t work. My car has never once offered a gear selection. I have to select every time.

anyone else? Or did I forget something that is preventing these from working

thx
overheat protection only works for the first 12 hours after leaving the car, and only if its not plugged in I've found.

Reactions: Zaker89 and smf72
Does anyone else feel like the new model S is extremely loud just having it on and the air on? Maybe it’s the fact the air is in because it’s hot out but regardless if I auto-start or start myself - it’s extremely loud from just a standing/running perspective. 10x louder than my previous model S. I wish I could post a short video on here to show the noise

Yeah--my working theory is that they expected the car to ship with v11, and when the car shipped wiht v10, they did not take the time to back-port some things, like the energy app. Or maybe it is gone for good--does the 3/Y have an energy app?
I agree with this completely. There’s a few things that we had before and that are present in the UI on the M3 and MY, but aren’t on the MS. I see a v11 update coming very soon bringing some of the features that we are missing coming back. Some other missing items are controls for regenerative braking, adjustments for seats, energy breakdown, and some other very small features being taken away. Also, not to mention the lack of customization options for the dash. I personally don’t like the current setup and would like to have things setup differently, so hopefully that is possible via an update in the near future!