Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Refresh WeatherTech Liners seem to work now...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Talked to Weathertech earlier to ask if the front and back row of the nice fit liners they have would support the refresh 2021 Model S. The website notes a do not fit but the product team let me know that what they are shipping now does fit and sent me a couple of their quality approval photos. The front seats are the same in the new S, but the back seat is slightly different - and these seem to fit well. Ordered some and definitely better than the other regular rubber WT mats branded with Tesla on their site for now.

4416662 - 2021 Tesla Model S (2).JPG

4416662 - 2021 Tesla Model S (3).JPG

Thanks! I ordered some earlier today, as it did seem that they had 2021 specific ones. It's great to see some actual photos. I ordered the front and rear trunk ones too. I hope the lower sections are still accessible... Don't suppose they gave you any shots of the front?

Aren't the Tesla store liners made by WeatherTech? At least they were in 2020
I believe that was confirmed some time ago yes, as they arrived in brown weathertech boxes. However they are not the same product. From my understanding the WeatherTech branded ones are deeper, but until I have them in my hands I can't confirm that. They also look in the photos to be slightly better quality, again can't really confirm that tho.

I believe that was confirmed some time ago yes, as they arrived in brown weathertech boxes. However they are not the same product. From my understanding the WeatherTech branded ones are deeper, but until I have them in my hands I can't confirm that. They also look in the photos to be slightly better quality, again can't really confirm that tho.
Yeah, the Tesla ones in shop are also made by WT but branded Tesla. They are more shallow, no lip, not the custom 3d liners. The WeatherTech liners actually fit the floor "pan" with the lip against the side flush, etc. They really protect a lot better, have dead pedal coverage that is closed, etc.

let's hope the frunk/trunk stuff looks good. about to pull the trigger myself on frunk/trunk and 2nd row
So the frunk is good. However I F'ed up and ordered the lower trunk mat and not the main one. I was thinking about ordering the main one from WT but the message on their site says "Please Note: Designated trim required for access to Accessory Bin." As I have no idea what this means, and they don't have a photo of the model S mat I just went ahead and ordered the one from Tesmanian.

Reactions: doubleshot
So the frunk is good. However I F'ed up and ordered the lower trunk mat and not the main one. I was thinking about ordering the main one from WT but the message on their site says "Please Note: Designated trim required for access to Accessory Bin." As I have no idea what this means, and they don't have a photo of the model S mat I just went ahead and ordered the one from Tesmanian.
yea. I saw that warning too. I just went for the back seat one for now ...

Reactions: scrapps