Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 refreshed Model S - incorrect GPS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since last two days, my 2021 refreshed Model S’s GPS location has been off by about 2.5 miles! When I drive, i see the car moving on the map, but it’s offset by 2.5 miles 😳

I tried rebooting the car and also driving for few miles on open road, but didn’t help. Any ideas?

Since last two days, my 2021 refreshed Model S’s GPS location has been off by about 2.5 miles! When I drive, i see the car moving on the map, but it’s offset by 2.5 miles 😳

I tried rebooting the car and also driving for few miles on open road, but didn’t help. Any ideas?
did you ever get this resolved? I have had it, although not was severe, over the last few weeks.
779498AD-E1B5-4614-902E-88B7EC62AA3F.jpeg

My car - 2013 MS85 - is in for this very repair right now. Faulty GPS antenna as expected. I was lucky though, the only extra item that they needed to replace was the high mount brake light - the glass survived so it was only twice what it really should have been instead of four times as expensive.

Reactions: Bluejuice
did you ever get this resolved? I have had it, although not was severe, over the last few weeks. View attachment 851993

it fixed itself on the day of the appt. so I ended up cancelling the appt. But then the GPS was stuck in place for 10-15 mins and then it fixed itself. Now, it's intermittent, sometimes its fine and then sometimes it's off. I'll have to make an appt. to get this fixed.

Is it true that they have to remove the rear windshield to fix this??

I believe so. In conversation with the SC on my repair right now, they did confirm that the high mount brake light will always have to be replaced - and should have been in my original estimate, their mistake. I think the glass does sometime break from what I've read elsewhere.

it fixed itself on the day of the appt. so I ended up cancelling the appt. But then the GPS was stuck in place for 10-15 mins and then it fixed itself. Now, it's intermittent, sometimes its fine and then sometimes it's off. I'll have to make an appt. to get this fixed.

Yes it’s true. My car is also in service right now for this issue. GPS antenna is in the rear glass so it has to be replaced along with the high mounted rear brake light. Seems like this is becoming a common issue and it’s not a cheap fix!

Yes it’s true. My car is also in service right now for this issue. GPS antenna is in the rear glass so it has to be replaced along with the high mounted rear brake light. Seems like this is becoming a common issue and it’s not a cheap fix!
I'm curious, did they quote you the full cost including the brake light in the initial estimate? My SC didn't so I was a bit surprised - although not completely since I had researched the issue previously - when the final cost was more than double. To their credit, the did acknowledge that the initial estimate should have included this when I asked about it.

I'm curious, did they quote you the full cost including the brake light in the initial estimate? My SC didn't so I was a bit surprised - although not completely since I had researched the issue previously - when the final cost was more than double. To their credit, the did acknowledge that the initial estimate should have included this when I asked about it.
Yes. They quoted me about $1500 for parts and labor.

I’ve been through this 3 times already. Harness. Antenna to the entire computer. Worked for a few months after the entire computer was fixed but now I just noticed it is off by 50-100 feet which is causing issues with navigation and autopilot. Does the lemon law come into play with this?

I’ve been through this 3 times already. Harness. Antenna to the entire computer. Worked for a few months after the entire computer was fixed but now I just noticed it is off by 50-100 feet which is causing issues with navigation and autopilot. Does the lemon law come into play with this?
Did they replace the cabin camera with the "new" type? The old cabin camera had a wire that was causing interference with the GPS. I dealt with it for a year. Once they replaced the cabin camera with the new insulated wiring, it has been working fine. About 5 months in and all good.

• Love
Reactions: boonedocks