Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Refreshed Model S Owners (Plaid & LR): What's your average wh/mi so far

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021 LR with 21' Wheels
4,500 Miles, mostly highway
321 Wh/Mi

I'll notice some trips where I can keep it below 300 Wh/Mi if I can avoid the highway or keep speed below 60mph.

Max range at 100% seems to fluctuate between 350 to 356 miles.

Reactions: planetary
New owner here, just took my first road trip in my Plaid. Average for the trip was 380 Wh/Mi! Seems really high but maybe it's my own fault. I had cruise control set to 77, driving through IL, IN, and MI where the average temperature was 25°-35° F. Very little elevation change. Climate control set to full auto, 68° F interior. I've got the 19" wheels, aero covers removed, tires replaced with Pirelli Winter Sottozeros inflated to 42psi, stock sizes front and rear. Am I just driving too fast for air that's this cold and dense? Is there anything I should check or change?

New owner here, just took my first road trip in my Plaid. Average for the trip was 380 Wh/Mi! Seems really high but maybe it's my own fault. I had cruise control set to 77, driving through IL, IN, and MI where the average temperature was 25°-35° F. Very little elevation change. Climate control set to full auto, 68° F interior. I've got the 19" wheels, aero covers removed, tires replaced with Pirelli Winter Sottozeros inflated to 42psi, stock sizes front and rear. Am I just driving too fast for air that's this cold and dense? Is there anything I should check or change?
I was seeing about 330 Wh/Mi according to the car on a recent 500 Mile road trip in my 2021 MSLR with 21' wheels and fully loaded with the family and Christmas presents cruising around 80mph. Using Teslamate the gross Wh/Mi was slightly higher at around 350.

Approx. 50% surface streets, 40% highway, 10% "spirited":

IMG_4565.jpg

I picked up a 2022 LR with 19 inch wheels with the summer Pirelli tires and aero covers on, this past Sunday and recently did a 190 mile round trip on highways and stuck in traffic for several hours. Parts of the highway were at up to 75 mph and 1 1/2 hours each way was essentially in stop and go (gotta love that Cross Bronx Expressway and George Washington Bridge). I also discovered my tires were only 38 psi on the trip out and since the car was parked for 5 hours in snow, I adjusted them up to the recommended 42 psi for the trip home using the air compressor I always have in my trunk. Outgoing 95 miles averaged 301 w/mile. Returning 95 miles averaged 251 w/mile. It was an easy round trip starting at 99% soc and finishing at 30 something %. I forget the actual number, but there was plenty of range for this journey.