Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Refreshed Model S w/ 21" tires - suspension issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For our family - who all drive the 2021 Model S and a bunch of other cars/ Tesla and others - the 21st with the 4S tires are the reason you are seeing this - if you are on 21st with those low profiles its driving like it was supposed to do

I have both the 19s and 21 arachnids and the ride on both is equally harsh. Very disappointed in the suspension in “comfort”. It feels like comfort should be sport in most other cars. I currently have a 16 model s with coil suspension as a loaner and it seems infinitely more smooth over the perfect nyc roads. I really hope this is just a firmware adjustment they can send out, really rethinking this purchase sad to say.

I have both the 19s and 21 arachnids and the ride on both is equally harsh. Very disappointed in the suspension in “comfort”. It feels like comfort should be sport in most other cars. I currently have a 16 model s with coil suspension as a loaner and it seems infinitely more smooth over the perfect nyc roads. I really hope this is just a firmware adjustment they can send out, really rethinking this purchase sad to say.
Have you tried to disconnect the solenoid to see if you have the suspension issue described in this thread?

Have you tried to disconnect the solenoid to see if you have the suspension issue described in this thread?
I have not. I do feel a difference between sport and comfort so I guess it is working. It’s just that comfort is way too rough on nyc roads. In comfort it seems as if the initial impact from a bump is very abrupt/harsh then it gets bouncy afterwards as If it’s trying to smooth it out. In sport, it’s abrupt before and after as it should be. It’s a really uncomfortable suspension and it was even more evident when I had the loaner.we took a 400 mile road trip and my wife and kids were complaining about the rough ride (on 19s at the time).

I have not. I do feel a difference between sport and comfort so I guess it is working. It’s just that comfort is way too rough on nyc roads. In comfort it seems as if the initial impact from a bump is very abrupt/harsh then it gets bouncy afterwards as If it’s trying to smooth it out. In sport, it’s abrupt before and after as it should be. It’s a really uncomfortable suspension and it was even more evident when I had the loaner.we took a 400 mile road trip and my wife and kids were complaining about the rough ride (on 19s at the time).
Ya, that jibes with my S and my Tesla sales guy agreed something is wrong. Until they resolve the issue mentioned in the other thread, running the car in “low” for suspension helps. I’ll probably lower the tire pressure to 36 or 37 to see if that makes a difference too

Ya, that jibes with my S and my Tesla sales guy agreed something is wrong. Until they resolve the issue mentioned in the other thread, running the car in “low” for suspension helps. I’ll probably lower the tire pressure to 36 or 37 to see if that makes a difference too
Hm. Ok I always run it on low because it looks better 😆 but the car raises itself when the road gets rough. I personally don’t feel the difference but who knows. Hopefully this gets addressed soon or if at all.