Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just ordered an inventory Model 3 that appeared on the website yesterday (Model 3 LR) and chatted briefly with the sales agent who handled my last sale and he said the system is showing a ship landing date for my car of the 17th August but said that going by last quarter's experience that could potentially be a few days earlier but it's anyone's guess at this point.

So another ship has been added to my watch list, PASSERO.
There is no evidence that this ship has any Tesla cargo on board however the fact that she is now heading for the Suez Canal having departed from Shanghai on 8 Jul alone warrants a closer interest to be taken in her.
She docked in Singapore which would indicate she is a on scheduled service although I haven't (yet) found her itinerary online. I have a suspicion she may be heading for Turkey though.
We shall see....

Reactions: NJR46
Hello, recently ordered a Tesla through a lease company and this is my first post! I spoke to Tesla through the website chat today to inquire about my order and thought I'd share what they said as I think it corroborates what others have been seeing. He said SR+ are due in September (not 100% clear if that's the ships or when they'll process the cars and match VINs etc) but when I asked about likelihood of that being delayed he did say "All orders will be fulfilled as it is still showing September delivery for SR+ and thats counting all the current orders for them". So as others have said, the cars on the website in inventory marked as 'in transit' suggests there are still some spares.

• Informative
Reactions: Mr Miserable
@labfoo do you mind me asking when you ordered your? And what spec LR you went for? I ordered mine on the 19th June and have not heard anything yet.
My spec is Model 3 LR in Red with Enhanced Auto Pilot + Black interior + Aero Wheels

Timeline for me:

March - Ordered but put on hold as I have a lease hire car until 30/7/21.
1/7/21 - Order was taken off hold
6/7/21 - Found in transit cars on the inventory page so called and was matched on the spot with VIN was told mid-august
15/7/21 - Got the text allowing me to pick date
17/8/21 - Scheduled to pickup from Bristol

My spec is Model 3 LR in Red with Enhanced Auto Pilot + Black interior + Aero Wheels

Timeline for me:

March - Ordered but put on hold as I have a lease hire car until 30/7/21.
1/7/21 - Order was taken off hold
6/7/21 - Found in transit cars on the inventory page so called and was matched on the spot with VIN was told mid-august
15/7/21 - Got the text allowing me to pick date
17/8/21 - Scheduled to pickup from Bristol
I also ordered one of those inventory cars in transit, on the 6th of July.

I got an VIN number at a preliminary date for delivery in the “final bill” (sorry not sure what it’s called in English).
But since then I haven’t heard anything. But then my car is heading for Sweden and not the UK.
Find it interesting that the experience with deliveries can vary so much, even when ordering the same type of car and from the “same” inventory.

So a brief summary for today.
HELIOS RAY is currently loading in Shanghai and is high on my list of suspects. I expect her to depart to Europe later today.
Unfortunately a Tropical Depression is building SE of Taiwan at the moment that his heading towards Shanghai.
It's expected to become a category 2 Cyclone and so the sooner HELIOS RAY can depart the better. She needs to race to get south of Taiwan as fast as she can.
GLOVIS SUPREME is anchored off Shanghai and is also of interest since I believe she is coming to Europe soon too. You can be sure she will be keeping an eye on the weather and I believe she will have some difficult decisions to make.

I'm also keeping an close eye on GLOVIS SUMMIT and GLOVIS SYMPHONY as becoming possible Tesla ships later in the month

CARMEN Currrently located in the Red Sea making 18 kts towards the Suez Canal where she will arrive on Sunday. She should arrive in Zeebrugge around 2 Aug and 'may have' Tesla cargo.

GLOVIS SUPERIOR Currently crossing the Bay of Bengal heading for a point just of the southern tip of Sri Lanka. Will arrive at Suez on 28 Jul.

PAGNA Currently about 60 NM behind GLOVIS SUPERIOR. She is heading to the UK with Tesla cargo. Her schedule still has her calling at Bristol however she does not appear on the Bristol port schedule. She is currently scheduled to arrive in Southampton on 13 Aug but could arrive much earlier if she is not calling at Bristol.

HOEGH OSLO Currently in the South China Sea and will arrive in Singapore tomorrow. She is believed to have Tesla cargo onboard for Zeebrugge.

16 Jul.png

If the Cyclone does continue towards Shanghai I expect port operations to be suspended until the storm has passed. At the moment it's expected to hit there around next Thursday. Current forecast says it will possibly contain gusts of up to 110kts and sustained peak wind of 90 kts.

We have another ship on interest loading in Shanghai at the moment GLOVIS SUPREME. She is of interest only because I know she is coming to Europe.
HELIOS RAY departed on Friday and is now passing Taiwan.

This is a good point to provide an update on the storm that I mentioned the other day. As expected the Tropical Depression deepened and is now Tropical Storm In-Fa. It is centred in the Phillipine Sea and the forecasted track has been tweaked and now predicts the storm will track well to the south of Shanghai leaving it unaffected and more towards the northern tip of Taiwan. The storm is still forecasted to become a category 2 typhoon when it reaches Taiwan but it is developing very slowly and is not moving as quickly as first thought, so much so that I think GLOVIS SUPREME should be able to clear to the south of Taiwan without feeling any of the effects.

CARMEN is now in the Gulf of Suez and I expect will transit the canal tomorrow. She 'may' have Tesla cargo onboard for Zeebrugge.

GLOVIS SUPERIOR is about 30NM to the SW of the southern tip of Sri Lanka.
PAGNA is UK bound with Tesla cargo and is about 95 miles behind GLOVIS SUPERIOR.

HOEGH OSLO having refueled in Singapore is now in the Straits of Malacca and due to arrive at Suez on 2 Aug.

Sun 18.png

Over in San Francisco Pier 80 is deadly quiet with no ships forecasted to load - very unusual. It is quite possible that nothing will be coming to Europe from there this quarter with everything being supplied by Shanghai. If that is the case we have plenty more ships to come from Shanghai in the next 3 - 4 weeks.

Over in San Francisco Pier 80 is deadly quiet with no ships forecasted to load - very unusual. It is quite possible that nothing will be coming to Europe from there this quarter with everything being supplied by Shanghai. If that is the case we have plenty more ships to come from Shanghai in the next 3 - 4 weeks.
In the Czech Republic (right hand drive) we still see M3 SR+/LR (version E3LD 614 km) available in November. What puzzles me though is that P still shows estimated delivery in August. In case it comes from Fremont (because of Panasonic batteries - ?) it is seems a bit unrealistic to me. I ordered my M3 LR on 6/19, still do not have any delivery date estimate in my account nor VIN, which is understandable if November delivery is the case. Probably does not make sense to raise hopes of getting the car earlier.

What puzzles me though is that P still shows estimated delivery in August. In case it comes from Fremont (because of Panasonic batteries - ?) it is seems a bit unrealistic to me.
The P will come from Shanghai too. They were/are available as inventory models in Germany. There you can see the LRW (Shanghai) VIN. And since I ordered one I received the invoice with my VIN immediately. And in the manufacturing/option codes of the inventory vehicles BT42 was listed - which indicates that these P come with the 82kWh Panasonic battery.

The downside is that I don't have any indication when this car will be delivered... ;) My hopes are high for August.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tholic86
Status
Not open for further replies.