Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if there any truth to a rumour that there is currently some sort of COVID related shutdown at the Shanghai docks at the moment and if there is any impact to vehicle loading activities? Just watching Morning Crystal for departure and seems to have been docked for some time now.

Does anyone know if there any truth to a rumour that there is currently some sort of COVID related shutdown at the Shanghai docks at the moment and if there is any impact to vehicle loading activities? Just watching Morning Crystal for departure and seems to have been docked for some time now.
This article
seems to be saying that surrounding ports are shutdown (or impacted by slowdowns) due to Covid and ships are being relayed to the Shanghai port.

Sort of the opposite of what you said but sort of the same in the big picture. Slowdown at Shanghai due to Covid. :)

Edit: I'm not savvy enough to know the details of which port(s) and which dock(s) is/are where the export Teslas are loaded.

I also live on the South west side of Norway and we are bot waiting for ship from zeebrugge. Lets hope they get a move on in not to long!
I have got my delivery dato in Lillestrøm, Norway and not Drammen as original planned on the 20th august (only a week from now) so i assume my car has allready arrived or will arrive the next couple of days. I guess all Teslas for Q3 in the Oslo area will be delivered in the messhall in Lillestrøm due to the amount of M3 and MY that will be delivered at the same time, like they did when the very first shipments of M3 arrived back in 2019.

Give u a second overview from german TFF-Forum. Hope that @Mr Miserable comes back soon ... :)

1628927232578.png

Greets

I have got my delivery dato in Lillestrøm, Norway and not Drammen as original planned on the 20th august (only a week from now) so i assume my car has allready arrived or will arrive the next couple of days. I guess all Teslas for Q3 in the Oslo area will be delivered in the messhall in Lillestrøm due to the amount of M3 and MY that will be delivered at the same time, like they did when the very first shipments of M3 arrived back in 2019.
Spent many hours in the Messehall building exhibition stands. Would definitely prefer collecting a new Tesla!

Reactions: kiranp89
Did you order MY or M3? I am only assuming it makes a difference, I am awaiting MY.

Finally got a VIN via online chat of 326***, despite my SA pushing the allocation text through a few days ago it wouldn't show on my account or in source and helpfully they went silent again over email for the entire week. The chat blamed the recent website updates breaking things, which I have personally experienced 😅

Interestingly online chat said they can see the car is currently in transit on a ship to the UK, although they wouldn't tell me which one, which they said in an almost teasing fashion:

Cheeky! :p

Said to hold out for my delivery text which will be heading through in the next few weeks. They said the following when giving more info about delivery windows:

Which does, as they build to order! I was then told...

🙊 being told off hahaha but its true, I need to just bite my tongue and wait now for the delivery text! 😬

Although it was quite banterous, they started slagging off the other car companies current wait times 😂

I have a VIN of 321*** and been told today that it isn’t on a ship yet. I had hoped it was on Glovis Companion or Lake Geneva as they both left after my likely build date of August 1st.

Interesting that they’ve told you yours is already on a ship, even though it’s ~5000 units after mine.

I have a VIN of 322*** and have been told by my excellent SA that it will be arriving in the UK around 12th September. Based on that info I hope to see a ship leaving China in the next few days. 🤞
Model 3 LRW ordered 23/07
Thank you for sharing this. The last date in September I can collect it is the 17th, before I go on holiday. If it arrives on the 12th, hopefully it’ll be available in time.

I have a VIN of 321*** and been told today that it isn’t on a ship yet. I had hoped it was on Glovis Companion or Lake Geneva as they both left after my likely build date of August 1st.

Interesting that they’ve told you yours is already on a ship, even though it’s ~5000 units after mine.

I have a VIN of 322*** and have been told by my excellent SA that it will be arriving in the UK around 12th September. Based on that info I hope to see a ship leaving China in the next few days. 🤞
Model 3 LRW ordered 23/07

Yep, I’m not expecting to see mine until the middle of September even though I’ve never received an estimated delivery date. Just going on all the information that is on this forum and the fact that Tesla will be trying to do an end of quarter push which they’re infamous for, it seems like the most logic time frame. Unless Tesla have fobbed me off with a duff VIN.

As for the VIN number, from what I’ve read they aren’t allocated in a sequential order. So you can use it to get a rough ballpark on when your car would’ve been built, but nothing concrete.

Status
Not open for further replies.