Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm back!

Just trying to fathom out what has happened since I've been away and what ships are in the pipeline...
A couple of issues to tidy up in the meantime.
I would be grateful if anyone can confirm that they have been told that their car is on LAKE GENEVA.
I noted that MORNING CRYSTAL has departed for Australia from Shanghai. Anyone aware of why she was alongside Shanghai for so long?
In Shanghai at the moment is ELEKTRA - she is going to be heading direct to Zeebrugge when she leaves. She could be a Tesla ship.
I'm aware of a couple of other ships that have departed Shanghai and are heading for Europe in the last week or so but I have not seen anything to indicate they are carrying Teslas.
Still piecing things together at the moment and wading through a ton of emails.....
Welcome back @Mr Miserable - I bring hopefully good news for tracking - I have just got off the phone to my TA and he has confirmed my vehicle is on GLOVIS SPLENDOR 042-SOU - CN SHG - GB SOU and due in to dock on 8th September (PS I hope he hasn't given me BS)

I remain a little puzzled with GLOVIS SUPREME.
She left Shanghai on 19 Jul announcing Southampton as her destination but somehow that got changed to Zeebrugge on the way.
She is not due to call at Southampton in the near future and no feeder ships look promising that would indicate crossloading has taken place in Zeebrugge.
Anyone in the UK had their delivery delayed a couple of weeks?
My delivery is still set for 7th September so I’m guessing my car is on the GLOVIS SUMMIT which docks in Southampton on the evening of the 22nd August.

Welcome back @Mr Miserable - I bring hopefully good news for tracking - I have just got off the phone to my TA and he has confirmed my vehicle is on GLOVIS SPLENDOR 042-SOU - CN SHG - GB SOU and due in to dock on 8th September (PS I hope he hasn't given me BS)
*"will be".
Probably to be loaded, not currently onboard, as the ship has yet to go to port in Shanghai - but that's a slight detail

Reactions: Milhooz and Kevg
Thanks for posting this!
I had been half expecting GLOVIS SPLENDOR to feature a couple of weeks ago and the 8 Sep arrival at Southampton does look like her originally planned schedule. She was originally scheduled to depart Bremerhaven on 16 Sep on Voyage 43 to the Middle East but that appears to have been cancelled and replaced with a voyage to Durban and so I expect that the schedule your TA has quoted has actually been superseded.
As has been pointed out she can't make the 8 Sep date now. The latest itinerary I can find for her has her departing Antwerp on 19 Sep and so if she is to make that she needs to be leaving Shanghai very shortly and make a fast transit to Southampton.
The good news is that it's confirmation that another ship for the UK is in the offing.
The bad news is that I suspect we may be heading for the traditional frantic end-of-quarter delivery frenzy.

Reactions: Kevg
Thanks for posting this!
I had been half expecting GLOVIS SPLENDOR to feature a couple of weeks ago and the 8 Sep arrival at Southampton does look like her originally planned schedule. She was originally scheduled to depart Bremerhaven on 16 Sep on Voyage 43 to the Middle East but that appears to have been cancelled and replaced with a voyage to Durban and so I expect that the schedule your TA has quoted has actually been superseded.
As has been pointed out she can't make the 8 Sep date now. The latest itinerary I can find for her has her departing Antwerp on 19 Sep and so if she is to make that she needs to be leaving Shanghai very shortly and make a fast transit to Southampton.
The good news is that it's confirmation that another ship for the UK is in the offing.
The bad news is that I suspect we may be heading for the traditional frantic end-of-quarter delivery frenzy.
Welcome back Mr Miserable. If its any help my SA told me my LRW would be on a ship arriving in Southampton on 12th September. Could Glovis Splendor make that? I notice she is at anchor just outside Shanghai at the moment.

There are a number of ships that are due to head our way (EU) from Shanghai in the next week or so:

TANNHAUSER
ELEKTRA
GLOVIS SPLENDOR
GRAND RUBY
LIBERTY
HOEGH OSAKA

Some are prime suspects eg GLOVIS SPLENDOR and others are outsiders eg HOEGH OSAKA however I'll be keeping an eye on all of them just in case.
It does look like there are delays in loading at the moment though - none of the ships are leaving on schedule.
China is trying to control the spread of the Delta variant and this has resulted in the partial closure of at least one major container port at the moment. The authorities will not hesitate to close an entire port should an outbreak occur.
This will be of concern to Tesla since getting the vehicles from the factory to onboard the ship is labour intensive and time critical to achieve European deliveries by the end of September.
It's fingers crossed time!

a ship arriving in Southampton on 12th September. Could Glovis Splendor make that?
Not possible, like we said, it takes minimum 29 days from Shanghai to Europe and the ship still hasn't loaded the cars at Shanghai.
It is coming from South Korea so probably already has a partial load of Korean cars, so it might be loading quickly (less than a day), if it goes to the port during the night it might still leave on the 17th though my guess is more for the 18th or later as the pier is currently occupied by Hoegh Traveller and Elektra so I would not expect it before September 18 or 19th.
If a ship is expected on the 12th, then we need to look for a ship that left Shanghai on or before the 12th of August but maybe the ship name is correct and the date is not, at least not anymore if there are delays at Shanghai.

Im not sure how it could be, as that ship is currently in South America, and my VIN is a Made in China VIN number, so my money is still on the Summit for my car.

Mine's a UK. RHD car by the way which could explain that.?
erm I'm in Manchester so RHD and GLOVIS COMPANION was off the south coast of Sri Lanka 3 days ago with an eta for Suez of 21st August

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-16 at 19.03.15.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-16 at 19.03.15.png
    1,000.5 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: Erol
I believe it means it’s already built and assigned to you. If you’ve not had a text yet telling you you’ve been allocated a car, you should soon.
Thank you and indeed, I just received an SMS from them!

MIC MYLR White on White ordered on July 17th
Delivery SMS on August 16th
Delivery planned for August 27th (first possible date) in Swituzerland

I still don't know on which Vessel it was or is! Besides the VIN (LRW...), no occurrences in the source code of :
"ActualGAInDate"
"EtaToDelivery"
"FactoryGatedDate"
"PlannedGADailyDate"
"VesselDepartureDate"
"DocumentSyncDate"

Just to add to the tension:
It looks like another typhoon is on its way. At the moment, it's classified as Tropical Depression 16 and it's about 200NM east of Guam but the forecast is that it will develop into at least a category 1 typhoon and will hit Taiwan on Sunday. The trouble is that it wouldn't need much of a course change to hit Shanghai. Whatever it will pose a problem for shipping this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.