Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GLOVIS SUMMIT is heading to Southampton and will now arrive in the wee small hours of Monday morning. She is presently heading for the Straits of Gibraltar and is maintaining a healthy 18kts.

Summit.png

GLOVIS COMPANION is now in the Red Sea and is racing towards the Suez Canal at over 18kts. She is due to arrive there on Saturday afternoon.

LAKE GENEVA is still battling a choppy Arabian Sea and is struggling to achieve 15kts. She should find herself in the Gulf of Aden late tomorrow where smoother seas will allow her to make up for any lost time. She is not due to arrive in Suez until 25 Aug and so has time to spare.

Aug 19.png

GRAND RUBY continues to load in Shanghai. I estimate she will arrive in Southampton on 14 Sep.

GLOVIS SPLENDOR is finally on the move from her long-term anchorage and will hopefully soon be loading in Shanghai - the final ship of Q3 and probably heading to Zeebrugge.

I am very aware that I haven't listed ELEKTRA in my summary today but I am a little suprised that there hasn't been a cacophony of VIN allocations etc in EU over the last 24 hours which I would expect from a ship of this size departing Shanghai.
We shall see what happens when GLOVIS SPLENDOR departs.....

As for other ships - yes there are other ships sailing from Shanghai to Europe but I have concentrated on the known or likely Tesla ships rather than list a lot of unassociated car carriers.

Reactions: moodel_tree
I've told Telsa I'm going to struggle to collect after the 17th September and they've told me that it should arrive just in time. I'm assuming that it'll be on Grand Ruby, but I was assigned a car over a week ago. Would that be unusual so far before departure?
I've been told that there's a 7-day window to collect the car before they unallocate the car so there is some flexibility since I will also be very busy around that time in September which will make it a bit challenging to collect the car around then.

Ordered an Inventory car on 2/8 thinking it was in Newcastle🤦🏾; no vin on account yet but apparently I have been assigned a VIN once I used the view page source method few days now;still none appearing on account. VIN 321*** ,I am guessing still coasting in Shanghai

I am very aware that I haven't listed ELEKTRA in my summary today but I am a little suprised that there hasn't been a cacophony of VIN allocations etc in EU over the last 24 hours which I would expect from a ship of this size departing Shanghai.
We shall see what happens when GLOVIS SPLENDOR departs.....

As for other ships - yes there are other ships sailing from Shanghai to Europe but I have concentrated on the known or likely Tesla ships rather than list a lot of unassociated car carriers.
Other threads seem to have confirmed SFL Conductor as a Tesla ship. I can’t read German, so I don’t know what their source is. But this ship would align closest with the 10th September arrival in the UK I’ve been given by Tesla.

Other threads seem to have confirmed SFL Conductor as a Tesla ship. I can’t read German, so I don’t know what their source is. But this ship would align closest with the 10th September arrival in the UK I’ve been given by Tesla.
I'm aware of SFL Conductor being quoted elsewhere as a Tesla ship.
Earlier this quarter we had sources in Europe saying their cars were onboard GLOVIS SUPERIOR - all complete tosh.

Just to complicate the issue it now looks very much like GLOVIS SPLENDOR is not going to be a Tesla ship after all.

Last edited:
I orderd my M3 LR on the 23/07/21. No Vin. No messages, not nothing from Tesla. I've sold my car in anticipation, and now relying on the wife's car. Wife not happy.
I am on the same boat. In the process to sell the car on Motorway as they give me 2k more than Tesla, although I am a bit nervous with the radio silence.

In terms of time it takes to sell, the Motorway chap told me once I receive an offer I have a couple of days to accept and then the dealer will come to my place and collect the car within 5-10 biz days.
Motorway contacted me at 3.30 yesterday, I accepted the offer over the phone and by 5 they’d callked back to say they’d received the settlement figure and would contact me to arrange inspection/collection this morning. That would be in the next 5 days. It’s a much better experience that WeBuyAnyCar.

Reactions: NJR46
Motorway contacted me at 3.30 yesterday, I accepted the offer over the phone and by 5 they’d callked back to say they’d received the settlement figure and would contact me to arrange inspection/collection this morning. That would be in the next 5 days. It’s a much better experience that WeBuyAnyCar.
I had the same excellent experience with Motorway. Accepted the offer (substantially more than Tesla). Inspection and collection was arranged 2 days later and the money was in my account before the driver left after the inspection.

Reactions: NJR46
Earlier this quarter we had sources in Europe saying their cars were onboard GLOVIS SUPERIOR - all complete tosh.

Just to complicate the issue it now looks very much like GLOVIS SPLENDOR is not going to be a Tesla ship after all.
Based on below I think SFL conductor is VW ship and not a Tesla ship as SFL leased all their fleet to them.

Reactions: Mr Miserable

I notice a lot of VIN's being allocated today (Grand Ruby) If the VIN is allocated when the ship is loaded then it seems to me that there must be a ship in between Lake Geneva and Grand Ruby because myself and a number of others reported receiving their VIN's around 12th August.

Hi,

We have delivery date confirmed for 2. september in Ringsted, Denmark. Tesla rep told me the car in arriving the night of the 1. september, so earlier collection wouldn't be an option.
The car is a Model 3 SR+ and vin ending on 313xxx, what ship might that car be on? I'm pretty sure it should be offloaded at Zeebrugge.
First assumption was GLOVIS SUMMIT but that is due for Southampton instead of Zeebrugge.

Any suggestions? Because I can't get it to match any ships.

Status
Not open for further replies.