Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GLOVIS SUMMIT is now entering the SW approaches to the English Channel. Her arrival in Southampton's Western Docks has firmed up to 02:30 on Monday morning and she will depart to Zeebrugge at 06:00 on Tuesday morning. The Zeebrugge port arrivals hasn't been updated but she is down to arrive there on Wednesday morning and stay for 24 hrs. I wouldn't be surprised if she actually docks there on Tuesday evening.

Summit.png

GLOVIS COMPANION is just completing her transit of the Suez Canal and has already updated her AIS announcing her next stop to be Southampton on Sat 28 Aug. This will require a very fast voyage for the 3086NM from the moment she emerges from the canal - the weather looks good for it. It wouldn't however take much for this ETA to slip to the right. After Southampton she will call at Zeebrugge (31/8) and then head up to Oslo (5/9).

LAKE GENEVA has got her AIS working again - quelle surprise! It shows her in the Red Sea making a leisurely 13kts towards Suez. It looks like her posted ETA there of 25 Aug was genuine after all, so she is in no rush. This switching off the AIS as a security measure is complete nonesense and makes the ship more of a hazard to shipping and increases the liklihood of a serious collision in these busy waterways. The IMO need to get a grip on this - what's next? Switching off navigation lights? There are reports that this is already taking place - totally irresponsible and a policy dreamt up 'as a package of measures' by some bearded Walter Mitty 'security consultant' (they all have beards nowadays) that spent all of 3 years uniform.
Anyway rant over. If her next stop is Southampton, I would estimate her arriving around 3 Sep.

GRAND RUBY is back up to normal speed - in fact I would say she has added a touch more to make up for lost time, making just over 17kts. She is due to arrive in Suez on 7 Sep and that should do nicely. I reckon we are looking at an arrival in Southampton around 16 Sep at the moment unless she does a dirty dash from Suez, like Companion seems to be aiming for, which will bring the date left a bit. I suspect that this ship is running a couple of days behind the schedule entered on the Tesla computer system and I would expect some revised delivery dates to be sent out in the coming week or so.

TRITON ACE is getting ready to depart to Zeebrugge from the 'new' dock at Shanghai South. I suspect that not all Tesla shipments will be loaded from here, just the whole ship charters. Shipments to Australia/NZ etc will still depart from the 'old' jetty eg DON JUAN loading there now. Nevertheless It will hopefully make identifying Tesla ships heading to Europe much easier. The other real benefit from using this dock is that it should not suffer from the delays that the former docks are experiencing at the moment. On the other hand I don't expect the loading to be as slick and so the time alongside will be longer. It looks like TRITON ACE is going to make a refuelling stop off Singapore before heading to Suez. I'm estimating she will arrive in Zeebrugge around 20 Sep. Weatherwise, she will be watching Topical Storm Omais very carefully. It looks like the storm is already decaying and will veer off to the north east giving TRITON ACE a clear passage to the Straits of Taiwan, which is nice.

Aug 22.png

Could there be another ship? I had my eye on GLOVIS CLIPPER but she has now anchored up off Shanghai and I was hoping she would head towards Shanghai South by now and so I expect no, TRITON ACE will be the last ship of Q3 in my opinion.

Hey @Mr Miserable. I just found this which possibly confirms your suspicions on TRITON ACE - https://www.stenaglovis.com/app/uploads/2021/08/Sailing-Schedule-Stena-Glovis-CW-33.pdf

this also suggests the GRAND RUBY is making a few stops before Southampton and she arrives on the 24th which is after the estimated arrival of TRITON ACE
Thanks. I am aware of this site. I am also aware that you can't rely on it! Ships appear on it and dissappear a fortnight later. A sign of the times - it used to be very reliable and ships stuck to the published schedule under pain of death. It looks like Zeebrugge can't even maintain their online port schedule at the moment - too many changes.
The GRAND RUBY itinerary you refer to relates to when she returns to scheduled service which supposedly starts in Bermerhaven on 20 Sep. She won't make that - watch that schedule move right by at least 3 days.

Reactions: Kevg
Hoping mine will be on Triton Ace. I'd almost abandoned hope when I didn't get a Tesla text/VIN after Grand Ruby departed (ordered M3 LR/white/red/19" on Aug 7).

Any idea of how soon Triton Ace will depart?

Steve
Judging by her ETA for Singapore, I would expect her to depart today. I'm not overly confident that she'll call at Southampton though.
I think your best bet remains GRAND RUBY.

Just found this thread here. Thank you.

I am a little bit confused about Tesla‘s delivery process.
I bought my M3P from the existing inventory (Germany) on July 19th and they told me before (on a phone call) that I will get it within 2 weeks.

After I paid the entire amount (12h after I pressed the order button) I’ve got my VIN and all the paperwork a few days later. (Car built on July 4th)
Then, after 2 weeks I called Tesla and they told me I will get my car between mid August and end of September which already pissed me off because they told me something different.
Okay, then I finally got a expected delivery date between Sep 04 - Sep 16. (shown in my Tesla account)
Now they updated it to Sep 21 - Sep 30.

Is that normal? It feels like I got scammed because I paid everything on July 20th and got my VIN a few days later.
Did they just forget my car somewhere?

Just found this thread here. Thank you.

I am a little bit confused about Tesla‘s delivery process.
I bought my M3P from the existing inventory (Germany) on July 19th and they told me before (on a phone call) that I will get it within 2 weeks.

After I paid the entire amount (12h after I pressed the order button) I’ve got my VIN and all the paperwork a few days later. (Car built on July 4th)
Then, after 2 weeks I called Tesla and they told me I will get my car between mid August and end of September which already pissed me off because they told me something different.
Okay, then I finally got a expected delivery date between Sep 04 - Sep 16. (shown in my Tesla account)
Now they updated it to Sep 21 - Sep 30.

Is that normal? It feels like I got scammed because I paid everything on July 20th and got my VIN a few days later.
Did they just forget my car somewhere?
Not really a shipping movement post but I'm surprised they asked for payment.
In UK it's almost an afterthought with most people paying in the week before delivery (I'm aware they say they want payment well before that).
Did they ask for payment?
Tesla's definition of inventory is a little different from what most people would understand as inventory ie in stock. Tesla can have a car in inventory even though it is on a ship 10,000 miles away. They can give you the VIN etc. I'm surprised that with a build date of 4 Jul it is not here. That car should have certainly arrived and be delivered by now. I would certainly be having a chat with Tesla if I were you.

Status
Not open for further replies.