Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GLOVIS CAPTAIN continues to maintain 17 kts. She is remaining to the west of the main shipping lanes for the moment which makes me think she may swing by Brixham to pick up a pilot tomorrow morning. She should come within terrestrial AIS range late tonight. The Zeebrugge port schedule has now brought forward her arrival to 2200 on Saturday night, which she can easily achieve.

Glov CAPT Atlantic Progress Q121.png

HORIZON LEADER
is making good progress in the Caribbean towards the Mona Passage. The Mona Passage is the gap between the Dominican Republic to the west and Puerto Rico to the east.
On the Atlantic side lies the Puerto Rico Trench which is about 8000m deep whereas in the passage it's only about 100m deep.
On the Caribbean side it's about 1000m deep. Additionally, there is a significant current that runs from south to north.
This 'shallowness' in the passage can be responsible for some pretty treacherous seas with some horrendously big waves.
It's not something that is too much of a concern for big ships but for smaller vessels the 'dreaded' Mona Passage has a fearsome reputation and navigating it is something that needs careful advanced planning and respect.
It is also the site of a significant British victory in 1782 when British and French warships engaged there.
ETA for Zeebrugge 14 Feb.

HL Caribb.png

GRAND RUBY is doing well on her passage to Panama maintaining 17kts and is presently 80NM W of Cabo San Lucas.
There are no weather concerns for her at the moment.
She is due to arrive off Panama next Wednesday evening and I have her pencilled in to arrive in Zeebrugge on 23 Feb.

The GRAND RUBY competition is now up and running! ENTER HERE!

GrandRubyPac.png

GLOVIS COMPANION is loading at Pier 80. No sign of a departure anytime soon.
My ETA for her in Zeebrugge is 28 Feb.

GLOVIS SOLOMON A false alarm - I’m now satisfied that she will not be calling at Pier 80.

LAKE GENEVA is due to arrive alongside Pier 80 on 10 Feb. I have her pencilled in to arrive in Zeebrugge on 7 Mar

GLOVIS SIRIUS will arrive at Pier 80 on 16 Feb. She will be the biggest ship of Q1 and I suspect probably the last ship of Q1 to Europe. I have pencilled her in to arrive in Zeebrugge around 12 Mar

GLOVIS CENTURY I’m pretty confident that this ship is loaded with the first MIC RHD Model 3s for UK and Ireland.
She continues to make steady progress and is just passing Aden. There are no weather concerns for her at the moment, although she will notice the wind will strengthen considerably later today as she passes through the Bab al-Mandab Strait and enters the Red Sea. It will be a tailwind and so won’t affect too much.
She is due to arrive in Suez on Monday and I estimate Southampton around 18 Feb

Century to Suez.png

MORNING CELLO I suspect this ship may be heading to the UK with Tesla Model 3s onboard too.
I have still not received a satellite-derived position report from her and so I have estimated her position on the chart. I’m a little surprised that land-based AIS receivers in Sri Lanka have not picked her up as she passed by, which by now I think she will have done. She is due to arrive in in Suez on 12 Feb and my estimate for her arrival in Southampton is 21 Feb.

Morn Cello Sin Suez.png

GRAND CHOICE She departed Shanghai last week and is another ship that is on my list of suspects. She is currently enroute to Jeddah. This ship is heading for Southampton but she is on a stopping ‘all stations’ service and won’t arrive there until 11 Mar. This would normally rule it out from being a Tesla ship but I’m not sure the UK market is large enough at the moment to take a full shipment and so the UK Tesla portion of this ship may be only one or 2 deck fulls. We shall see. I will just monitor her progress rather than track her every move.

TORONTO arrived off Singapore last night and is currently refuelling. TORONTO is due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 26 Feb but may have a stop in Athens (which makes me wonder if this is really a Tesla ship).

MORNING CAPO This ship has all the hallmarks of being a Tesla ship and departed Shanghai on Wednesday enroute to Singapore where she is due to arrive at midnight Z on 8 Feb, probably just to refuel. She passed through the straits of Taiwan earlier this morning and is now in the South China Sea. She is due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 6 Mar

• Informative
Reactions: EricVet
MORNING CELLO I suspect this ship may be heading to the UK with Tesla Model 3s onboard too.
I have still not received a satellite-derived position report from her and so I have estimated her position on the chart. I’m a little surprised that land-based AIS receivers in Sri Lanka have not picked her up as she passed by, which by now I think she will have done. She is due to arrive in in Suez on 12 Feb and my estimate for her arrival in Southampton is 21 Feb.

Similar to Glovis Century as it still shows next to Malaysia...

Thank you for all this effort. Is is correct that you believe that the GLOVIS CENTURY is heading for Southhampton with Made in China Model 3 on board? Do you have any idea if these are Tesla Model 3 Standard Range+ with LFP batteries?
The expected arrival for MIC M3s (SR+ and LR) from other sources is mid late feb so it would tie in with the movements MrM is forecasting. If the question is will any SR+ that may be on board have LFP batteries, then yes, the MIC SR+ are all spec'd as LFP at the moment.

LR has the same as Fremont so none LFP (not sure what they're called, :Lithium ion as opposed to Lithium Iron ?).

I ordered an M3 LR on inventory and the VIN decoder indicates mine is MIC and has a Lithium-Ion Battery. Phoned Tesla to update where I want to pick up the car and he said the system was showing delivery in early March. So, given it'll take (I guess) a few days to get the car from Southampton to the delivery centre, my money is my car being on Morning Cello.

I assume left handed cars

Ups, link didn't work properly:
SPICA LEADER has delivered Teslas to Drammen before however the cross load in Zeebrugge will have to be very efficient to get all the Norwegian cars off the GLOVIS CAPTAIN and loaded onto the SPICA LEADER in time for her to depart on Monday. It all very much depends where they are onboard on the GLOVIS CAPTAIN.

• Informative
Reactions: EricVet
GLOVIS CAPTAIN is now established in the English Channel about 25NM NW of Cherbourg and has reduced speed to achieve the 2200 arrival at Zeebrugge this evening. She is not due to depart until Wednesday and so I expect she will unload completely to complete her Tesla charter.

HORIZON LEADER has now entered the Atlantic and I'm pleased to see that she has taken up a heading that will keep her well to the E of the normal great circle track to try and avoid the worst of the Atlantic weather. The weather is fine at the moment however by the middle of the week the mid-Atlantic will be a place well worth avoiding.
ETA for Zeebrugge 14 Feb.

UPDATE: Interestingly I note that she has revised her ETA for Zeebrugge to 1100 on 16 Feb. This makes a lot of sense to me looking at the weather forecast.

HL Atlantic.png

GRAND RUBY remains on schedule on her passage to Panama maintaining 17kts and is presently 150 NM S of Puerto Vallarta.
There are no weather concerns for her at the moment.
She is due to arrive off Panama next Wednesday evening and I have her pencilled in to arrive in Zeebrugge on 23 Feb.

The GRAND RUBY competition is still open. Having noted that the 2 ships ahead of her are taking tracks biased well to the East across the Atlantic, you may wish to apply that knowledge in your entry! ENTER HERE!

GrandRubyPac.png

GLOVIS COMPANION is due to complete loading at Pier 80 tonight and will depart in about 24hrs from now.
My ETA for her in Zeebrugge is 28 Feb.

LAKE GENEVA is due to arrive alongside Pier 80 on 10 Feb. I have her pencilled in to arrive in Zeebrugge on 7 Mar

GLOVIS SIRIUS will arrive at Pier 80 on 16 Feb. She will be the biggest ship of Q1 and I suspect probably the last ship of Q1 to Europe. I have pencilled her in to arrive in Zeebrugge around 12 Mar

GLOVIS CENTURY I’m pretty confident that this ship is loaded with the first MIC RHD Model 3s for UK and Ireland.
She continues to make steady progress and is now in the southern portion of the Red Sea off Eritrea. She is due to arrive in Suez on Monday and I estimate Southampton around 18 Feb

Century to Suez.png

I have still not received a satellite-derived position report from her and so I have estimated her position on the chart. She is due to arrive in in Suez on 12 Feb and my estimate for her arrival in Southampton is 21 Feb.

Morn Cello Sin Suez.png

TORONTO departed Singapore yesterday for Suez. TORONTO is due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 26 Feb but may have a stop in Athens (which makes me wonder if this is really a Tesla ship).

TORONTO SinSuez.png

MORNING CAPO This ship has all the hallmarks of being a Tesla ship and departed Shanghai on Wednesday enroute to Singapore where she is due to arrive on Tuesday morning, probably just to refuel. She is due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 6 Mar.

Last edited:
MrM,

Tesla started to sell cards in Israel, and first batch of cars should be delivered (according to them) during March. Thats M3 batch.
They say those will be US made ones, and not MIC.

From the known data until now, is there a way to guess which ship will deliver them?

Thanks!

MrM,

Tesla started to sell cards in Israel, and first batch of cars should be delivered (according to them) during March. Thats M3 batch.
They say those will be US made ones, and not MIC.

From the known data until now, is there a way to guess which ship will deliver them?

Thanks!
I have no idea quite frankly - there are so many options available to Haifa or Ashdod, from NY, Baltimore, or Philly if shipped from the US. If the cars come via Zeebrugge, it would be a bit trickier as Haifa and Ashdod are normally served from Antwerp. If you find out, please let me know!

I have no idea quite frankly - there are so many options available to Haifa or Ashdod, from NY, Baltimore, or Philly if shipped from the US. If the cars come via Zeebrugge, it would be a bit trickier as Haifa and Ashdod are normally served from Antwerp. If you find out, please let me know!

If I will find out I will sure do.

But can't they, for example, utilize a ship that goes to Dubai? So it will do additional stop at Ashdod/Haifa?

Status
Not open for further replies.