Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps a silly question: are reservation numbers turned into a VIN once ships dock? Or is this done even before the ships arrive?
You get allocated a VIN before the ship arrives, typically when the ship is a week or two into the journey. Often you find the vin by searching the web page source for "LRW" a few days before they send you the text. You get a reg number around 1 or 2 weeks before delivery but it can vary.

Shipping update - 12.45am - Thursday 16th Sep

Hello, sorry for the delay in this. I stayed silent yesterday (Wednesday) in case the infamous @Mr Miserable appeared. He hasn't, so we think he is also on his way to Zeebrugge before coming back to the UK 😂

GRAND RUBY is currently passing the English Channel, slowing down and currently at 16.4 knots for her expected docking in Zeebrugge in a few hours. It just shows you can travel from Southampton to Zeebrugge in relatively short timeframes.

What is interesting is that the departures/arrivals on the Southampton VTS site shows GRAND RUBY departing Southampton on 18th Sep at 5pm to head to Zeebrugge.. It also states it will arrive in Southampton on the 18th at 6.30am. Surely she cannot go to Zeebrugge, Southampton, Zeebrugge again? We will be keeping a close eye on this. - Our hope is she leaves Zeebrugge on the 18th to arrive to Southampton that same day. The next few days are crucial, and does tie in with my SA telling me my vessel is now expected to arrive at the end of this week.

NEPTUNE KOPER has an ETA for Slovenia on the 20th (Sunday) at 5am. I heavily doubt this will be carrying Teslas for the UK just based on the times it takes to turn over a car on average (11 days) from docking to customer.

SFL CONDUCTOR has now been removed from this update.

ELEKTRA is still moored at Southampton, where she has been very busy today unloading Tesla's. They will be inspected (PDI'd) at Southampton before being sent to various Tesla SC's across the UK. No changes here, she is still in Southampton (there will be thousands of cars!). No drone footage as yet. She is due to depart from Southampton later today at 2pm.

TRITON ACE is moored at Koper. We are looking forward to her next destination.

GLOVIS SPLENDOR is rapidly completing her journey, alongside Lisbon/Porto now (where GRAND RUBY was yesterday) and we assume she will be arriving in Zeebrugge on 18th Sep at 6am. We think she will arrive back in Southampton 2 days later.

DIONYSOS LEADER is about to dock at Casablanca in Morocco. I don't think this is a Tesla vessel heading anywhere near the UK, if I am being honest. She may be delivering Model Y's?

THEBEN - the vessel who sailed alongside ELEKTRA for the full journey, is now moored at Zeebrugge. Tomorrow her location will become more clear. - I said this yesterday, but lets wait another 24-48 hours :)

As per the link below, we are also keeping an eye on CANADIAN HIGHWAY who is heading for Bristol - could she be unloading Teslas for those collecting from Bristol Cribbs? I ETA 18th September 9.30pm.

Tesla Carriers Map

Shipping update - 12.45am - Thursday 16th Sep

Hello, sorry for the delay in this. I stayed silent yesterday (Wednesday) in case the infamous @Mr Miserable appeared. He hasn't, so we think he is also on his way to Zeebrugge before coming back to the UK 😂

GRAND RUBY is currently passing the English Channel, slowing down and currently at 16.4 knots for her expected docking in Zeebrugge in a few hours. It just shows you can travel from Southampton to Zeebrugge in relatively short timeframes.

What is interesting is that the departures/arrivals on the Southampton VTS site shows GRAND RUBY departing Southampton on 18th Sep at 5pm to head to Zeebrugge.. It also states it will arrive in Southampton on the 18th at 6.30am. Surely she cannot go to Zeebrugge, Southampton, Zeebrugge again? We will be keeping a close eye on this. - Our hope is she leaves Zeebrugge on the 18th to arrive to Southampton that same day. The next few days are crucial, and does tie in with my SA telling me my vessel is now expected to arrive at the end of this week.

NEPTUNE KOPER has an ETA for Slovenia on the 20th (Sunday) at 5am. I heavily doubt this will be carrying Teslas for the UK just based on the times it takes to turn over a car on average (11 days) from docking to customer.

SFL CONDUCTOR has now been removed from this update.

ELEKTRA is still moored at Southampton, where she has been very busy today unloading Tesla's. They will be inspected (PDI'd) at Southampton before being sent to various Tesla SC's across the UK. No changes here, she is still in Southampton (there will be thousands of cars!). No drone footage as yet. She is due to depart from Southampton later today at 2pm.

TRITON ACE is moored at Koper. We are looking forward to her next destination.

GLOVIS SPLENDOR is rapidly completing her journey, alongside Lisbon/Porto now (where GRAND RUBY was yesterday) and we assume she will be arriving in Zeebrugge on 18th Sep at 6am. We think she will arrive back in Southampton 2 days later.

DIONYSOS LEADER is about to dock at Casablanca in Morocco. I don't think this is a Tesla vessel heading anywhere near the UK, if I am being honest. She may be delivering Model Y's?

THEBEN - the vessel who sailed alongside ELEKTRA for the full journey, is now moored at Zeebrugge. Tomorrow her location will become more clear. - I said this yesterday, but lets wait another 24-48 hours :)

As per the link below, we are also keeping an eye on CANADIAN HIGHWAY who is heading for Bristol - could she be unloading Teslas for those collecting from Bristol Cribbs? I ETA 18th September 9.30pm.

Tesla Carriers Map
I understand your sentiments regarding turnaround - however live chat advisor said my car was arriving in UK on 25th and delivered to me 27th

thank you for your hard work

I understand your sentiments regarding turnaround - however live chat advisor said my car was arriving in UK on 25th and delivered to me 27th

thank you for your hard work
Hi mate! First off thank you, just being a geek with these updates glad you are enjoying them.

That is very interesting, I wonder what Vessel your car is on! My bet would be TRITON ACE - however 2 days turnaround is very short to get a car to you.

Hi mate! First off thank you, just being a geek with these updates glad you are enjoying them.

That is very interesting, I wonder what Vessel your car is on! My bet would be TRITON ACE - however 2 days turnaround is very short to get a car to you.
I’m really enjoying the extra hard work people are putting into this forum - it’s great to see
I’ve seen multiple responses saying about the 11 day average and the reason I asked the chat person when the car was due into the UK, was to better get an idea on which vessel . I’d imagine the vessel my vehicle is in will be the last one into the country as 6 days MAX is cutting it fine

Just got a call from Tesla about delivery next Friday (I am collecting M3P from Brent Cross), in passing I asked if the car is here yet and she said no its still on the ship and only arrives on 23rd and problem we have is we have no place to park the cars on port side, they need to cleared only then we can take more delivery !
So our car might still be Grand Ruby and seems like the 10 day turnaorund time is being shortened quite a bit, i.e its being literally transported from Southampton to London same day.

Anyhow who knows it all seems to be a bit foggy at the moment!

Reactions: moodel_tree
Just got a call from Tesla about delivery next Friday (I am collecting M3P from Brent Cross), in passing I asked if the car is here yet and she said no its still on the ship and only arrives on 23rd and problem we have is we have no place to park the cars on port side, they need to cleared only then we can take more delivery !
So our car might still be Grand Ruby and seems like the 10 day turnaorund time is being shortened quite a bit, i.e its being literally transported from Southampton to London same day.

i’ve got pickup 23rd at brent cross and called my SA and he said it’s in the uk and are being transferred to brent cross around the 20th! if you want i can check if your car is there when i pick it up!

I don't think Grand Ruby has Teslas onboard.. according to the schedule it's supposed to dock at port 520 in Zeebrugge, which not a "typical" Tesla location. Ships with Teslas usually dock in the 507-512 area.
Sorry, that information is a bit misleading, Glovis Safety is coming to pick up cars (Teslas) and it will dock at 523, there are extremely high movement at Zeebrugge now and they are using all the possible spaces as possible, in fact ICO SIT, is marked to terminal K504-525 (you can even see the picture of a truck full of teslas

501 to 525 is south inlet

Last edited:
Sorry, that information is a bit misleading, Glovis Safety is coming to pick up cars (Teslas) and it will dock at 523, there are extremely high movement at Zeebrugge now and they are using all the possible spaces as possible, in fact ICO SIT, is marked to terminal K504-525 (you can even see the picture of a truck full of teslas

501 to 525 is south inlet
Thanks for the information, and sorry about that. I stand corrected then!

i’ve got pickup 23rd at brent cross and called my SA and he said it’s in the uk and are being transferred to brent cross around the 20th! if you want i can check if your car is there when i pick it up!

GLOVIS SPLENDOR is now showing on the arrival list to Southampton on the 21st September. This is a ship I had confirmed a month ago containing my car. I think this is potentially our last ship.

Hi guys, just off the phone to Tesla and they said my car is arriving on the 23rd to Southampton, getting sent up to Glasgow on 24th for collection on 25th. This is a huge delay from the 14th I was originally told, and I can only assume they expected Grand Ruby to arrive in Southampton first. Looks like after all this my car was on the Grand Ruby after all!

Reactions: Magstauk
Hi guys, just off the phone to Tesla and they said my car is arriving on the 23rd to Southampton, getting sent up to Glasgow on 24th for collection on 25th. This is a huge delay from the 14th I was originally told, and I can only assume they expected Grand Ruby to arrive in Southampton first. Looks like after all this my car was on the Grand Ruby after all!
At least sounds consistent with what I was told, could be GLOVIS SPLENDOR arriving on 21st and they keep a day or 2 buffer as they are already pushing it tight!

Status
Not open for further replies.