Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are currently waiting patiently for TALIA to emerge from the Suez Canal (around midday UK time) to find out whether she is routing direct to Zeebrugge or hopefully via Southampton.

Meanwhile, LAKE FUXIAN has the pedal to the metal and has raced through the Straits of Malacca at over 19kts! This ship is on a mission.

View attachment 723907

LAKE GENEVA is now passing through the busy Singapore Straits at a more stately 16kts.

View attachment 723906

Over in Shanghai, we have a good few hours to wait for the next high tide to see whether HELIOS RAY will retain our interest or not.
Any new where TALIA is heading?

Reactions: Electron Mike
30.10. Southampton and 31.10. Zeebrügge.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-21 um 14.53.14.png

Reactions: Washout
@Mr Miserable - did we ever have the BOSPORUS HIGHWAY on the list? - Its following the same route as the other vessels on your list (departed from the normal pier in Shanghai and kind of sits in the gap between TALIA and LAKE FUXIAN)...
That ship is not a suspect, which is why she's not on my list. If you know her route, you will know why!

• Helpful
Reactions: Washout
Why high tide? Mr M?
Shanghai and it's docks are located in the tidal estaury of the Yangtze River. As you are probably aware this is quite a murky river - it's brown. This is because it's estimated to deposit about 680 million tons of sediment a year at it's mouth. Accordingly the river mouth can be very shallow in places and because of the water being murky it's not immediately obvious where. The approaches to Shanghai are via very narrow marked dredged channels that can only be safely navigated at high water by large ships.
This is why you will see an incoming convoy of ships soon followed by an outgoing convoy twice a day in harmony with the tidal flow.

It looks like HELIOS RAY is preparing to depart Shanghai to Singapore.
From the information seen it would suggest that the ship will actually be docking in Singapore rather than refuelling in an anchorage.
The current ETA displayed is not realistic but, it will update once she departs, nevertheless I expect it to be around 27 Oct.

Over in Zeebrugge, DON PASQUALE has finally repositioned within the southern harbour.
We know she only offloaded Hyundai vehicles in Southampton and up to now she has been at the wrong pier in Zeebrugge to offload any Teslas.
In her present position however she would be able to offload any Teslas she loaded in Shanghai, if of course she actually did so.
There is a glimmer of evidence to suggest she did.
I don't imagine it will be many but they will represent the cars that for some reason or other were not able to be shipped in time for Q3 delivery.

It looks like HELIOS RAY is preparing to depart Shanghai to Singapore.
From the information seen it would suggest that the ship will actually be docking in Singapore rather than refuelling in an anchorage.
The current ETA displayed is not realistic but, it will update once she departs, nevertheless I expect it to be around 27 Oct.
whats the chance the current reported next call port is error? the reported ETA seem to match sail time to HKG exactly.

Over in Zeebrugge, DON PASQUALE has finally repositioned within the southern harbour.
We know she only offloaded Hyundai vehicles in Southampton and up to now she has been at the wrong pier in Zeebrugge to offload any Teslas.
In her present position however she would be able to offload any Teslas she loaded in Shanghai, if of course she actually did so.
There is a glimmer of evidence to suggest she did.
I don't imagine it will be many but they will represent the cars that for some reason or other were not able to be shipped in time for Q3 delivery.
I guess she did, as exactly when she started offloading, many Tesla M3 SR+ appeared here in Germany as "available" and even many people here waiting for their deliveries the next days. The Q3 rest we guess here was shipped.

My bad. You spot on the ETA. It’s now reporting as 27 oct. what’s your take on her full of RHD on board?
There are a number of ships currently enroute to Singapore from Shanghai that could, in my opinion, be carrying Teslas:

GLOVIS CHAMPION
TOMAR
HOEGH KOBE
VIKING OCEAN

Some of these vessels will just be stopping for a refuel and won't enter the harbour at all.

HELIOS RAY looks like she will be docking. She also has a history of being chartered by Tesla which is why there is so much interest being shown in her movements. The clue may be if VIN allocations in Singapore occur as she departs.

Reactions: Electron Mike
There are a number of ships currently enroute to Singapore from Shanghai that could, in my opinion, be carrying Teslas:

GLOVIS CHAMPION
TOMAR
HOEGH KOBE
VIKING OCEAN

Some of these vessels will just be stopping for a refuel and won't enter the harbour at all.

HELIOS RAY looks like she will be docking. She also has a history of being chartered by Tesla which is why there is so much interest being shown in her movements. The clue may be if VIN allocations in Singapore occur as she departs.
The VIN allocation done here is slightly different from in the EU/UK, For this batch of shipment have been receiving VIN allocated since 11 oct.

GLOVIS CHAMPION
TOMAR
HOEGH KOBE
VIKING OCEAN

No VIN for me yet. I ordered on 28th Aug so I'm hoping my car will be on HELIOS RAY. I'll keep an eye on the source code tomorrow in case Tesla decides to update the VINs following the ship's departure.

Status
Not open for further replies.