Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PAGNA.jpg
I just happened to spot this photo on Marinetraffic.com of PAGNA taken earlier this year when she did a partial unload in Bristol prior to unloading her Teslas in Southampton. Can you see what caught my eye?

View attachment 725242I just happened to spot this photo on Marinetraffic.com of PAGNA taken earlier this year when she did a partial unload in Bristol prior to unloading her Teslas in Southampton. Can you see what caught my eye?
Not sure about you, but the cars on the lower decks are being unloaded and cars on the upper deck(s) are not. I would question the ship's stability. I suppose that they would "fix" this before leaving port. The cars on upper deck also seem to be Teslas (not sure) which are heavier than ICE cars, which would add to the stability problem.

Not sure about you, but the cars on the lower decks are being unloaded and cars on the upper deck(s) are not. I would question the ship's stability. I suppose that they would "fix" this before leaving port. The cars on upper deck also seem to be Teslas (not sure) which are heavier than ICE cars, which would add to the stability problem.
I'd hazard a guess that the people operating the vessel have some sort of idea what they are doing.

There are multiple decks - you cannot tell what deck those vehicle coming off were stored on.

Last edited:
I had this sent to me from my SA on Friday last week.

"We are not delivering any cars in October – so its going to be November for a Delivery as that’s the window you are in. I can see we have uploaded more details for our vessel plans – The next 3 vessels will arrive in the UK in the last two weeks of November as expected."

As always, I'd apply an appropriate level of scepticism to any info supplied by a Tesla SA!!

Reactions: OddityError
Hello and first of all, thank you from France for all these information! I am curious about one thing. Tesla just told me my car is in Talia, this boat is supposed to finish in SOU right? Is it going to ZEE after ? How car are coming to France if the final stop is in SOU? Thank you

You don't know what deck those cars are coming from - probably from one of the top decks, there are about 12 decks on that ship.

I had this sent to me from my SA on Friday last week.

"We are not delivering any cars in October – so its going to be November for a Delivery as that’s the window you are in. I can see we have uploaded more details for our vessel plans – The next 3 vessels will arrive in the UK in the last two weeks of November as expected."

As always, I'd apply an appropriate level of scepticism to any info supplied by a Tesla SA!!
Yes an element of truth in there though. TALIA will arrive in Oct, and I can see one ship that will depart later this week and so two more to look for!!

Hello and first of all, thank you from France for all these information! I am curious about one thing. Tesla just told me my car is in Talia, this boat is supposed to finish in SOU right? Is it going to ZEE after ? How car are coming to France if the final stop is in SOU? Thank you
TALIA should depart to Zeebrugge after Southampton. She is presently scheduled to arrive on 31 Oct but as I reported earlier I can't see this happening - more like 1 Nov. I suspect your car will be transported by road transporter from Zeebrugge.

Daily Update Monday 25 Oct

TALIA, despite dubious reporting on some ship tracking sites, is still heading for Southampton. She is currently ploughing her way at 13 kts, against what must be a significant westerly swell, along the Algerian coast. Neighbouring ships on westerly headings all appear to be suffering the same fate, whilst those on easterly headings are surfing along. Despite this, she has brought forward her ETA for Nab (where the Southampton pilot will board) to 05:30 on Saturday morning. This fits in well with the timings for Southampton I outlined earlier today. Expect a sprint up the Iberian coast.

TALIA Med.png

LAKE FUXIAN despite my prediction yesterday is still transmitting her AIS position. She needs to get a wiggle on if she is to make Suez on time and she has increased speed back up to just below 19kts. The weather continues to look fine for her. She is heading for Zeebrugge and should arrive there around 10 Nov.

Fux sin-suez.png

LAKE GENEVA is progressing nicely on her voyage to Koper, Slovenia where she is due to unload on 6 Nov. Weather is looking good too.

GEN SinSuz.png

I'm pretty confident that we'll see a ship loading to depart to Southampton later this week. I have identified the ship and all the information we're getting seems to fit. She should arrive in Southampton 27 Nov. From the info supplied by @AntMan40 above, it suggests that at least one or maybe even two of the ships on my watch list may be Southampton bound.

My current watch list:

THEMIS
VIKING OCEAN
HELIOS RAY
FIRMAMENT ACE
GLOVIS CHALLENGE

Status
Not open for further replies.