Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Copied from pending orders

I spoke with Tesla CS today, they are not aware of any delays.
Just been told there’s a vessel arriving in the UK around the first week of November. But if I don’t have a VIN by now it’s unlikely I would be in that batch. There’s a second one coming mid to end of November and a third one early December.
He said it’s still possible I could be in the late November batch, but it also takes around 10 days to offload cars and send them to their respective locations so even though the ship arrives end of Nov, I may not pick up until Dec.

Last edited:
Reactions: Abcmsaj and Washout
Jesus, just caught up on all these messages, unclear if people are ordering a 200T cargo ship or a 2 tonne tesla.
If you have ordered a new car from a premium brand you will be aware of the excellent regular communications you receive on the progress of your order. You may end up waiting a month or two in some cases but you will be given confidence by the regular updates and that you will be given an accurate delivery date and you will get a good feel whether the estimated delivery date is on track.
Now compare that experience with Tesla - you order, you wait and wait (sometime for months, the anticipated delivery date comes and goes) with little to no solid information from Tesla.
Hence the interest in ships. You can see when the ships are coming and when others are getting their deliveries booked and so you can take a pretty good guess which ship your car might be on.
The choice is yours - sit and do nothing or wonder where the fXXX your car is?

we don't, unless Tesla says someone a ship name. otherwise it's purely guesswork and the dartboard Mr M. has but I assure you it's a good one.
Ok, is there some sort of spread sheet knocking about so we can understand the accuracy? Some proven examples of people waiting and then a ship rocking up and a car being delivered x amount of days later? Have we witnessed any of that?

Ok, is there some sort of spread sheet knocking about so we can understand the accuracy? Some proven examples of people waiting and then a ship rocking up and a car being delivered x amount of days later? Have we witnessed any of that?
not sure, if you check around we have people here saying that they have info that a certain car is on a specific ship, and there are previous messages here stating that ship most likely has Teslas on board.

There's 200 pages of this thread to prove that, and the entire thread from last year too.
It's pretty accurate from what I've been seeing - I have no doubts and there's nothing else I can look to anyway.

not sure, if you check around we have people here saying that they have info that a certain car is on a specific ship, and there are previous messages here stating that ship most likely has Teslas on board.
There's 200 pages of this thread to prove that, and the entire thread from last year too.
It's pretty accurate from what I've been seeing - I have no doubts and there's nothing else I can look to anyway.

Ok, so at what point should you start paying attention to shipping, I've only just put my order in last week and so It's going to be far to early for me to checking what ships are coming in. Is there a certain point that you should start making some predictions with @Mr Miserables dart formula ?

All I have from Tesla is my contract is currently being drafted so me picking a container ship now is a bit like pissing into the wind.

Ok, so at what point should you start paying attention to shipping, I've only just put my order in last week and so It's going to be far to early for me to checking what ships are coming in. Is there a certain point that you should start making some predictions with @Mr Miserables dart formula ?

All I have from Tesla is my contract is currently being drafted so me picking a container ship now is a bit like pissing into the wind.
When you get a VIN text its on its way and start watching the shipping details

Your car does not exist until you are allocated a VIN. VIN's are allocated around the time a loaded ship leaves port.
If you alert Mr M when your VIN is allocated, he will consult his "dartboard" to find the most likely ship that ties in with that timing.
Until then there's no point in guessing - no one knows officially where any of the cars are. Nearest info guy is Veda Prime.
However tracking other vessels is interesting and Mr M has been known to set the odd "minefield" quiz to lighten the mood.

Reactions: skateboarder

You may not get a VIN text -I didn't. For me I checked the source code after Mr M had identified a probable Tesla ship coinciding with a flurry of VINs reported and I found my VIN. This has now showed up on my final invoice for the first time The first I knew of delivery was a text to say you need to arrange your delivery but that date shifted 4 times ......

Reactions: Dasher
Status
Not open for further replies.