Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is BOSPORUS HIGHWAY on any watch lists? She left Shanghai on the 3rd Oct (only 12hrs in port though) and is currently in the Red Sea, just about to go though the Suez.
I'm sure Tesla have a history of previously assigning VINs as ships enter the Suez.
I'm just really chucking a name out there!!

Is BOSPORUS HIGHWAY on any watch lists? She left Shanghai on the 3rd Oct (only 12hrs in port though) and is currently in the Red Sea, just about to go though the Suez.
I'm sure Tesla have a history of previously assigning VINs as ships enter the Suez.
I was wondering also, could the flurry of VIN allocations today be from a ship already half way on her journey? Or already in the Suez?

I asked about my allocation today, the Tesla Rep told me that the VINs are assigned a little while after the ship leaves the port from his knowledge. Mine was allocated today, and he said to expect the text to arrange delivery/collection in the next 2-3 weeks at most.

He wouldn't tell me the ship name though.

TALIA is back up to speed and then some!
She's currently making nearly 19kts as she approaches the Straits of Gibraltar. She will have to slow as she passes through the Straits as there is a speed limit imposed to protect the pod of whales that live there. Once clear she will have to engage ludicrous mode again as she heads north as she has revised timings in Southampton. She will now arrive at the Eastern Docks at 0630 on Saturday morning and move across to the Western Docks at 18:30 to unload her Teslas. She will depart to Zeebrugge at 12:00 on Sunday. She could just make it to Zeebrugge by midnight on Sunday.

TALIA Med.png

LAKE FUXIAN has also sped up - she needed to. She is now doing 19kts towards Suez. Her arrival time in Suez has now slipped to 00:30 on 01 Nov. She should make that. Once through the canal she will head to Zeebrugge and I estimate she will arrive there around 10 Nov.

Fux sin-suez.png

LAKE GENEVA is making steady progress towards Suez. She is due to arrive there on 02 Nov and thereafter route to Koper, Slovenia to unload on 06 Nov.

GEN SinSuz.png

No!

My list of possible Tesla ships or ships carrying Teslas to EU/UK

THEMIS
VIKING OCEAN
HELIOS RAY
FIRMAMENT ACE
GLOVIS CHALLENGE

Most of these ships are heading to Singapore - once they depart from there we may know a bit more.
GLOVIS CHALLENGE may have sparked a lot of Norwegian VIN activity but for the moment we'll just have to wait and see...

Reactions: Washout
Talia is now showing over 19kn and multiple tracking sites are showing the date for Southampton has changed to 29th.
Yes she appears to be aiming to arrive early however her entry into Southampton harbour and movements there are outlined in my daily report today.

(She was originally scheduled to arrive oon 29th and I commented as she emerged from Suez that I was disappointed that she was going to be a day late - presumably because of her unusual port requirements)

Reactions: Jayster
No!

THEMIS
VIKING OCEAN
HELIOS RAY
FIRMAMENT ACE
GLOVIS CHALLENGE

Most of these ships are heading to Singapore - once they depart from there we may know a bit more.
GLOVIS CHALLENGE may have sparked a lot of Norwegian VIN activity but for the moment we'll just have to wait and see...
I see Firmament Ace is run by MOL (molace.com). I can tell my order is not on their ship if their VIN tracker is to be believed.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Mr miserble a quick update. I spoke with tesla and apparently the ship is already in israel
Mmmm. I'm a little puzzled by this.
GRANDE TEXAS is the only RoRo to arrive and I can't see where she would have loaded her Teslas. Must have been Antwerp.
I must admit that I was expecting the Israeli shipment to be unloaded in Koper. (LAKE GENEVA) and be crossloaded there if a dirct shipment wasn't going to happen.
I assume deliveries will happen in the next week then.

I see Firmament Ace is run by MOL (molace.com). I can tell my order is not on their ship if their VIN tracker is to be believed.
If her current schedule is not showing on the site, I doubt the VIN search would.
You can see that she will depart ICO terminal in Zeebrugge on 30 Nov ie her next schedule.
The fact that her itinerary is not published suggests that she may be chartered - hence my interest in her.

No!

THEMIS
VIKING OCEAN
HELIOS RAY
FIRMAMENT ACE
GLOVIS CHALLENGE

Thank you Mr M. So can we assume that most of the December (possibly some November) teslas will be on these ships.

Yes she appears to be aiming to arrive early however her entry into Southampton harbour and movements there are outlined in my daily report today.

(She was originally scheduled to arrive oon 29th and I commented as she emerged from Suez that I was disappointed that she was going to be a day late - presumably because of her unusual port requirements)
Welcome back Mr M. So which ship do you think has caused the UK flurry of VIN

Hey, I'm from Singapore and am awaiting for my M3P to arrive. I just received my hidden VIN about the same time as everyone else in the UK.

I was told in Singapore the VIN is assigned only when the the ships have arrived (not sure if true). Separately, no recent ship seems to have just left Shanghai, but the Helios Ray and Hoegh Kobe have just arrived in Singapore, so this might corroborate with what I was told. I keyed in the VIN into Hoegh Kobe tracker for VIN but it turned up with nothing - so I'm guessing it must be on the Helios Ray, or on a 'ghost ship' that just left Shanghai.

Exciting! Unfortunately the Tesla Advisors over here has refused to shed any light on this. :p

No recent(last 24hours) ship that has just left Shanghai that is bound for Singapore*. The last one that was bound for Singapore was the Firmament Ace, and if the tracker were to be believed, my M3P isn't on it. Plus, it was already en route when i got my VIN.

**sorry could not find the edit button

Welcome back Mr M. So which ship do you think has caused the UK flurry of VIN
The missing ship is BOHEME. She's just finished a spell in dry dock and I assume has been repainted too.
She disappeared from AIS around the same time as the unusual space at the pier appeared. (these piers are normally occupied 23.5hrs a day)
I am expecting her to arrive in Southampton on 27 Nov and Zeebrugge on 29 Nov.
I was not expecting her to load until Thursday though, so she may still reappear and load on time.
So is there an invisible ship that has just departed? That is the question and we may have to wait to see if BOHEME reappears before we can answer that.
In the meantime the list of ships on the watch list needs to be whittled down and hopefully we will get some movement on that tomorrow as a couple depart Singapore.

Status
Not open for further replies.