Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HOEGH TRACER may be heading for Gibraltar. I don't know why. I don't know what has happened to the cars she was taking to Zeebrugge.
If your car was onboard I suggest you check My Cargo again to see if it's still onboard or whether it was unloaded in Santander.
Please post here the result.
The Hoegh schedule for the ship has not yet been updated.
Hi Mr. M

I checked my VIN, it is still on Hoegh Tracer and it displays Zeebrugge and an arrival date of 08. December.

HOEGH TRACER may be heading for Gibraltar. I don't know why. I don't know what has happened to the cars she was taking to Zeebrugge.
If your car was onboard I suggest you check My Cargo again to see if it's still onboard or whether it was unloaded in Santander.
My M3 is still on the Tracer. Destination Zeebrugge, then for Norway, I hope.

According to My Cargo my M3 is still on HT. Was supposed to be delivered to Finland before Christmas.

I just checked my VIN.
Looks like its still loaded there.

Skjermbilde 2021-12-07 130308.png

By the looks of what I am reading. Seems to me the captain thought it was not safe. Turned for shelter to save money rather than staying in Santander. Realized nowhere to hide and now going to head back to Santander to cover it out. 1-2 days extra delay ? yet most other ships in the area made the journey

By the looks of what I am reading. Seems to me the captain thought it was not safe. Turned for shelter to save money rather than staying in Santander. Realized nowhere to hide and now going to head back to Santander to cover it out. 1-2 days extra delay ? yet most other ships in the area made the journey
Forget what I said. AIS keeps switching back and forth between Santander and Gibralter. Seems a far stretch journey for cover?

Yeah, its a strange one for sure! I thought mine was on NABUCCO too but was told by CS that it definitely wasn't, although they wouldn't tell me which one it was on?! I had to work it out by process of elimination after being told it was definitely in the UK. CS previously told me it can take up to two weeks from offloading in Southampton to delivery to the SC depending on the location of the SC, but I've seen many posts on here where the timespan between offloading and delivery has been much shorter.
Happened to speak to CS this morning re a non-shipping related query and was surprised to learn that my car, which I'm due to collect on Friday, was still in Southampton?! I expected it was on a transporter already and somewhere in the north of England given I had previously been told it arrived in the UK a couple of weeks ago!! Very helpful CSR told me it arrived on the HYPERION RAY a few days ago and that all of the PDI checks, which are apparently completed in Southampton, were all done and that it was due to arrive in Glasgow by 6pm tomorrow! He was also able to tell me that it had a 58% charge and just 5 miles on the odometer, which would seem to suggest cars must be added to the database on arrival at Southampton.

Suffice to say that my ability to accurately identify which ship my car was on was utter mince and that information provided by CS about vehicles still on ships may not be 100% accurate!! On the plus side, only three more sleeps until delivery!! Hopefully all others with cars on HYPERION RAY will be receiving their new cars soon too!!

Reactions: TMYDK
@Mr Miserable

Somebody in a Norwegian forum contacted Hoegh and got this reply:

Sorry to inform you that due to very bad weather forecasted in Bay of Biscay, the Hoegh Tracer will have to seek shelter and wait for the wind to calm down. We believed we would be able to get in front of it, but it deteriorated quicker than forecasted hence this change.

At the moment we are looking at 14/12 evening in Zeebrugge, but we will monitor closely and sail at the earliest time possible.

Reactions: Milhooz
@Mr Miserable

Somebody in a Norwegian forum contacted Hoegh and got this reply:
Thanks for posting this.
If we took the current scheduling of 8/9th December that means they expect a delay of 5/6 days ?

I am curious to know if the cost of fuel used for this delay would have outweighed the cost to stay in port
Ships will always put to sea on the approach of bad weather - it's much safer to ride out a storm at sea rather than tied up to a dock. Ships can normally outrun a storm too so they can choose where to sit it out.

Reactions: Washout
I ordered back in October, and am picking up finally on Friday this week. Before I check out of this channel, a very big thank you to @Mr Miserable for all the effort you put in on this thread. Thanks to you, I have thoroughly enjoyed obsessively tracking Nabucco’s journey from Singapore (VIN in source code) to docking in Southampton. A great way to fill some of the wait time!

Reactions: Mr Miserable
HYPERION RAY continues to be hove-to in Lyme Bay off the south coast of England. The severe weather has moderated but large swells remain.
Her ETA in Ashdod remains achievable - the night of 16 Dec.

HOEGH TRACER is continuing south on her voyage of discovery. She is presently just 50NM NW of the south western tip of Portugal.
It very much looks like she is heading to Gibraltar. This is not sheltering from the weather - Hoegh need to come up with a better excuse for this diversion. It's a 3 day voyage from Gibralatar to Zeebrugge and so if her revised ETA for Zeebrugge is 14 Dec she will be leaving Gib on Saturday.
If you have a VIN you can check to see if your car is aboard this ship - My cargo

GRAND DAHLIA is about 150NM east of the Straits of Gibraltar making just 12 kts in very choppy seas. She is aiming to arrive in Southampton early on 11 Dec and is scheduled into Zeebrugge on 12 Dec. The weather forecast is not being very kind to her and I strongly suspect her arrival will be delayed.
The seas should subside either side of the Straits giving her a brief respite from the pounding. Her transit up the Iberian coast and the Bay of Biscay will be rough.

PARADISE ACE is struggling to achieve 13kts in choppy seas off Algeria and is now 310 NM behind GRAND DAHLIA.
She has an ETA for Southampton of 2300 on 11 Dec, probably arriving just as GRAND DAHLIA departs. I estimate she will arrive in Zeebrugge on 13 Dec, however the weather enroute will make this unlikely.

VIKING BRAVERY is currently making her way north through the Suez Canal. She is due to arrive in Koper on 11 Dec however the weather may have a say in this. She's in for a bumpy ride.

On the watch list we have just the one ship, ARABIAN SEA, possibly heading to Koper (18/19 Dec) although one source is suggesting she is heading for Italy which would remove her from the watch list. We shall see.....

Status
Not open for further replies.