Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the last ship has docked in Southampton, when will we expect the next batch of Tesla's to arrive?
I have a date of February for my car but hoping I may be lucky and get a cancellation. I have also seen elsewhere that there may be deliveries starting in January, is this a possibility?
Elon has said they no longer plan to go to the same expense as in the past to ensure all deliveries happen by the end of the quarter. So some cars produced this quarter may actually get delivered to customers in January if it's substantially more cost-effective for them to do that.

Reactions: Fury1
Elon has said they no longer plan to go to the same expense as in the past to ensure all deliveries happen by the end of the quarter. So some cars produced this quarter may actually get delivered to customers in January if it's substantially more cost-effective for them to do that.
Yes there is a budget constraint unlike previous years however there are a LOT of cars that have arrived in the UK that need to be delivered. The extra infrastructure and personnel required are already in place and so there will be the traditional end of quarter push in the UK this year.
Looking forward to 2022, I can see the end of quarter push being a feature here in the UK for Q1 too.

Reactions: Fury1
Yep, this morning I got the plate number as well and VIN. Pick up date is for 17/12, but will be moving that to 18/12 at Tilburg. So glad to hear you got your car for this year 👍🏼😂. This is a China build indeed and well about differences, I believe there are some changes on the tail lights (longer signal) and slightly larger battery pack. Still gotta check there are no issues with the missing usb-c ports as mentioned In other threads. If that’s the case will need to find out when they will be adding those afterwards.
Great news! Did they just forget about the usb ports in China or maybe they did not have enough in stock and they just wanted to deliver the car. Hope they all come with four wheels though :)

Reactions: JPM3LR
Great news! Did they just forget about the usb ports in China or maybe they did not have enough in stock and they just wanted to deliver the car. Hope they all come with four wheels though :)
I believe the cars shipped from China without the USB ports due to parts shortages, and they are being fitted in the UK prior to customer handover when they have time - but not delaying delivery if they can't do all the cards in time.

Reactions: neshmi and JPM3LR
Viking Amber will be busy the next two weeks

Attachments

• 928D0604-1180-4468-8DC5-5A4F38B14F42.png
    928D0604-1180-4468-8DC5-5A4F38B14F42.png
    381.2 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: BoredIndividua
GRAND DAHLIA has now departed Southampton and will arrive in Zeebrugge early tomorrow morning.

PARADISE ACE as expected, had to wait until GRAND DAHLIA departed before docking in Southampton.
She is currently scheduled to depart to Zeebrugge at 02:15 tomorrow morning and so should arrive there tomorrow afternoon.

HYPERION RAY is making excellent progress on her voyage to Ashdod, Israel. She's currently doing 19kts off Tunisia.
She is expected to arrive in Ashdod in the early hours 16 Dec, which she is looking good to achieve.

PS The A34 was awash with car transporters heading north with Teslas from Southampton Docks this morning.
This might be the last update? Can’t believe how quickly two months went! I learned quite a few things about ships 😆 Thanks all and of course Mr. M. for this unique comradeship! May your M3s all get to you soon.

I can pick up my M3 Saturday 18th in Tilburg (The Netherlands).
Normally I just wait patiently for a message from the dealer with the delivery date but following this thread and the Tesla carriers was very interesting and enjoyable. So I already had fun even before delivery of the car.
Many thanks to Mr. M and all other contributors in this thread.
Happy holidays to all and have fun with your M3s.

Reactions: JPM3LR and guru1
I just got a message that my car is estimated to be delivered in week 52 in Drammen or Oslo.
I think it was on the Grand Dalia as it been unloading in zeebrugge now :)

Is it the Amber that will take it up? I see it is docked in zeebrugge too.

Status
Not open for further replies.