Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GLOVIS CAPTAIN continues to load at Pier 80.
What would be interesting to learn is what exactly is the ship being loaded with. The rumours are no Performance models for the UK and possibly some SR+ for the EU - it would be good to know for sure.
There would appear to be no desperate rush for the ship to depart and it looks like she will be alongside until Friday at least.
We shall see....
The schedule on SF port still says departure 14th. What makes you think that it may not depart tomorrow? I guess nobody has found any images of the dock with cars? I guess we will find out tomorrow if it starts moving (or maybe Friday?) or not.

The schedule on SF port still says departure 14th. What makes you think that it may not depart tomorrow? I guess nobody has found any images of the dock with cars? I guess we will find out tomorrow if it starts moving (or maybe Friday?) or not.
The port schedule also says the ship would arrive today (13th) when in fact it arrived on the 11th.
Lesson 1 Don't believe the San Francisco port schedule.
Lesson 2 Don't believe the Zeebrugge port schedule
Lesson 3 The Southampton port schedule is gospel.

RCC AMSTERDAM is running about 22 hours behind schedule.
She should have arrived in San Diego at 0500 this morning but she has still 180nm left to run.
Fortunately her berth remains free in San Diego and the delay can be accommodated by the port.
According to the San Francisco port schedule she is not due to arrive at Pier 80 until next Monday (see health warning above).
According to a shipping schedule I have seen she should offload completely in San Diego and so there is no knock-on effect to the delay since she can easily make it to Pier 80 by Monday.

Another ship running behind schedule is GRAND RUBY - she is running over 24 hrs late.
You will recall that I fully expected this ship to load at Pier 80 - I still do, only early next month.
I expect that between now and then she will head down to Mexico to pick up a load of KIA's for delivery to California.

Loading at Pier 80 of GLOVIS CAPTAIN is continuing and it looks as though it will be completed tomorrow, as long as the flow of car transporters from Fremont is not interrupted.
Accordingly I am expecting her to sail tomorrow evening to Zeebrugge.

Damn showing my age. Had ordered a Model 3 last year and cancelled it when the pandemic started so that was the last time I was checking. Apologies for the confusion!

You have also saved me 30 mins a day which I've been checking the source code of my order!!

So do they just put it up on the order then around that time frame? Thanks.

RCC AMSTERDAM (the next ship to load at Pier 80 after GLOVIS CAPTAIN) is just arriving in San Diego and so is now running 24 hours late. I now believe she is due to arrive in Benicia tomorrow night - that is achievable depending of course on how long she stays in San Diego. I reckon she will need to leave by 5pm local.
All things going well, we may see her arrive alongside Pier 80 on Sunday.

Some RHD images from Shanghai.

Destination unknown. Could be any of the Tesla RHD markets.

Attachments

• 338D7A59-6273-4706-87E0-15E70677EC97.jpeg
    338D7A59-6273-4706-87E0-15E70677EC97.jpeg
    14.1 KB · Views: 102
  • F6D5A85B-703B-43BD-9226-133AC31BF80E.jpeg
    F6D5A85B-703B-43BD-9226-133AC31BF80E.jpeg
    27.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 8CD71D77-C2E1-4B84-8409-CFF045C3742E.jpeg
    8CD71D77-C2E1-4B84-8409-CFF045C3742E.jpeg
    44.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Informative
Reactions: Mr Miserable
Think this is the 3rd or 4th time I’ve seen Glovis Captain make the Zeebrugge trip with Model 3’s on board. The last time was when it gracefully deposited my vehicle on these fair shores.

Crazy bonkers how the mega miles shipping cycle just keeps going round and round and ......

Anyone using the info in this thread to keep any eye on potential ships for their cars - if you are planning any sort of services around the car - Octopus etc - take a look at Mr Miserable’s profile and use his referral codes. He gives up his time for free for this forum and also puts his own money into ship tracking capabilities. You won’t get that from Tesla - so make use of his referrals, you get something and so does he !!

Good luck to all those ordering and happy ship tracking !

This thread is getting better and better.I would like to know if we have any information regarding M3P models loaded for Europe deliveries (LHD) countries on this ship. I have order my M3P since summer 19/8/2020 and my order has been postponed 2 times in a row. I hope I dont have to wait a whole year just to get my hands on this crazy tech toy.

The good news is that it looks like GLOVIS CAPTAIN will be ready to depart at around teatime tonight (2am UK).
The weather is looking fine at the moment and there should be no weather related issues for her voyage to Panama.
In fact it looks refreshingly dull in comparison to the weather some ships endured in 20Q3 & 20Q4!

As GLOVIS CAPTAIN heads south along the Pacific coast she'll need to keep a lookout for RCC AMSTERDAM which should be approaching from the south. She is due into Benicia late tonight.
She won't be staying long there and I expect her to move to Pier 80 in the wee small hours of Sunday morning.

The good news is that it looks like GLOVIS CAPTAIN will be ready to depart at around teatime tonight (2am UK).
The weather is looking fine at the moment and there should be no weather related issues for her voyage to Panama.
In fact it looks refreshingly dull in comparison to the weather some ships endured in 20Q3 & 20Q4!

As GLOVIS CAPTAIN heads south along the Pacific coast she'll need to keep a lookout for RCC AMSTERDAM which should be approaching from the south. She is due into Benicia late tonight.
She won't be staying long there and I expect her to move to Pier 80 in the wee small hours of Sunday morning.

Great news!! Watching MarineTraffic twice a day! Hopefully my LR with tow hitch is there
when is it best to contact Tesla with RN number. When it reaches Panama Canal in a few days? thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.