Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a delivery scheduled for 17 March, is there an indication of which ship the car may be on? I've looked through the spread sheet and don't see one scheduled for around that date. TIA
(VIN 175xxx)

Last edited:
I have a delivery scheduled for 17 March, is there an indication of which ship the car may be on? I've looked through the spread sheet and don't see one scheduled for around that date. TIA
(VIN 175xxx)

Likewise. I have a delivery scheduled for the 17th and was wondering which ship it's on. (VIN 176xxx)

I do a daily report in this thread around midday everyday. The answer is there.

MORNING CAPO finally arrived in Southampton’s Western Docks this morning after her 10,251 NM voyage from Shanghai. She is effectively 2 days late because of port congestion in Southampton. Time to change ports Tesla!

LAKE GENEVA has just under 900NM to go until arriving in Zeebrugge. Yesterday I was concerned that she would be further delayed if she did not increase speed soon but now she is now making nearly 18kts in an effort to arrive on schedule. She will need to maintain this speed all the way though if she is to meet her ETA. There are no weather concerns. Her ETA for Zeebrugge is currently 1400Z on Sunday.

GENEVA Atlantic Progress.png

GLOVIS SIRIUS enjoyed a very smooth transit of the Panama Canal yesterday and has elected to enter the Atlantic via the Windward Passage. I’ll admit to be being a little surprised at this choice - it’s not the shortest route and does risk the biggest exposure to the Atlantic weather however the forecast doesn’t look too bad at the moment and she might just get away with it. I had previously estimated that she would arrive in Zeebrugge on 15 Mar and I’ll again admit to being a little surprised when she gave an ETA of 0500Z on 16 Mar. I said that this was an unambitious ETA and it turns out it was, since she has already revised it.
ETA Zeebrugge 2100Z 15 Mar (and no more surprises please)

Sirius Windward.png

TANNHAUSER This is the ship that I believe is bringing a 3rd consignment of cars to the UK this quarter from Shanghai. She has now entered the Gulf of Suez enroute to the Suez Canal where she is due to arrive later this evening. According to her schedule she should head for Athens for a brief stop once clear of the Suez Canal - we shall see…Although not publicly scheduled to arrive in Southampton, I believe she will arrive there on 16 Mar. The weather is looking fine at the moment for her.

TAH Red Sea.png

VIKING BRAVERY remains scheduled to depart from Newark, New Jersey on 9 Mar. I estimate that she will arrive in Zeebrugge around 17 Mar.
The VIKING BRAVERY competition is now open but will close as soon as she departs. Click HERE to enter. It’s free! No email address or personal details required.

• Informative
Reactions: ABCTG
MORNING CAPO finally arrived in Southampton’s Western Docks this morning after her 10,251 NM voyage from Shanghai. She is effectively 2 days late because of port congestion in Southampton. Time to change ports Tesla!

LAKE GENEVA has just under 900NM to go until arriving in Zeebrugge. Yesterday I was concerned that she would be further delayed if she did not increase speed soon but now she is now making nearly 18kts in an effort to arrive on schedule. She will need to maintain this speed all the way though if she is to meet her ETA. There are no weather concerns. Her ETA for Zeebrugge is currently 1400Z on Sunday.

View attachment 642297

GLOVIS SIRIUS enjoyed a very smooth transit of the Panama Canal yesterday and has elected to enter the Atlantic via the Windward Passage. I’ll admit to be being a little surprised at this choice - it’s not the shortest route and does risk the biggest exposure to the Atlantic weather however the forecast doesn’t look too bad at the moment and she might just get away with it. I had previously estimated that she would arrive in Zeebrugge on 15 Mar and I’ll again admit to being a little surprised when she gave an ETA of 0500Z on 16 Mar. I said that this was an unambitious ETA and it turns out it was, since she has already revised it.
ETA Zeebrugge 2100Z 15 Mar (and no more surprises please)

View attachment 642298

TANNHAUSER This is the ship that I believe is bringing a 3rd consignment of cars to the UK this quarter from Shanghai. She has now entered the Gulf of Suez enroute to the Suez Canal where she is due to arrive later this evening. According to her schedule she should head for Athens for a brief stop once clear of the Suez Canal - we shall see…Although not publicly scheduled to arrive in Southampton, I believe she will arrive there on 16 Mar. The weather is looking fine at the moment for her.

View attachment 642299

VIKING BRAVERY remains scheduled to depart from Newark, New Jersey on 9 Mar. I estimate that she will arrive in Zeebrugge around 17 Mar.
The VIKING BRAVERY competition is now open but will close as soon as she departs. Click HERE to enter. It’s free! No email address or personal details required.

Very interesting! Do you think that the TANNHAUSER will be the last shipment this quarter or will there be more? Any idea roughly, how many verhicles Tesla transport per ship?

Keep up the great work!!!

Very interesting! Do you think that the TANNHAUSER will be the last shipment this quarter or will there be more? Any idea roughly, how many verhicles Tesla transport per ship?

Keep up the great work!!
Actually I now think the shipment to the UK is on another ship GRANDE TEXAS but more on that probably tomorrow.
This will be the final shipment of the quarter.

Well welcome back, everyone!
Not much has happened since you have been away.
MORNING CAPO departed Southampton, having delivered the 2nd shipment of MIC cars to UK.
LAKE GENEVA arrived in Zeebrugge.
GLOVIS SIRIUS entered the Atlantic via the Windward Passage
VIKING BRAVERY is delayed departing New Jesey until 11 Mar.
TANNHAUSER passed through Suez and is now sitting off Piraeus until tomorrow morning. Did I mention that I am cooling on the idea that TANNHAUSER may have that 3rd shipment to the UK onboard? There is another ship GRANDE TEXAS that I was keeping an eye on. It's a brand new ship that is positioning to Europe where she will be based. She departed Shanghai on 17 Feb and when she passed through Suez yesterday she updated her AIS with her destination - Southampton! Now a couple of things need to happen before we can rule out TANNHAUSER completely - firstly, when she departs Piraeus, probably tomorrow afternoon if she posts her destination as Bristol then that is probably it for her however if she posts Southampton, then she is back in favour. Secondly, we don't yet know, and won't until Thursday which docks GRANDE TEXAS is heading to in Southampton - she must head for Western Docks if she is to remain a suspect.
Anyway, normal service will be resumed tomorrow with my daily report just after midday.....

The VIKING BRAVERY will be the final 'Tesla' ship to depart to Europe this quarter.
She is scheduled to depart New Jersey on 11 Mar and I estimate she will arrive in Zeebrugge around 19 Mar.
For the competition, all you have to do is use your skill and judgement to guess which square the ship will be in at Midday UTC on 14 Mar 21.
Atlantic Major Squares NY-Zee.png

Click HERE to enter
This is the final competition for some time and so give it a go! It's free.
The less said about the prize that awaits the winner the better.
The competition will close as soon as the ship departs the pier in New Jersey however the winner will be the person who chose the closest minor square first.

GLOVIS SIRIUS competition.

The results are in!
We didn't have a direct hit in this competition.
At 1200z today the ship was located in Grid Square F4 and within its Minor Square 8

The closest, and therefore the winning, entry was @Bantam (G5 1) who was just 277 NM off target. (Distance measured from the centre of the chosen square to the ship's position at midday)

In 2nd place was @Davids2885 (G5 7) who was a mere 356 NM off target.
In 3rd place was @kg (H4 9) who was 541 NM off target.

Congratulations to all, but there isn't so much as even a cuddly toy to win!

Some trivia for you:

The most popular GridSquare was G5
The most popular Minor Square overall was 7
If you had chosen that combination, which one person did, you would have ended up 356 NM off target.

Reactions: Bantam
GLOVIS SIRIUS continues to make excellent progress across the Atlantic. Although she has slowed to just under 18kts, with about 2600NM left to go she is still a few hours ahead of schedule at the moment. Weather is fine at present, although Friday and Saturday may prove to be a little more sporting. Her ETA for Zeebrugge is 2100z 15 Mar.

Glovis Sirius Atlantic.png

TANNHAUSER This ship ticked lots of boxes but unless she is going to unload Tesla’s in Bristol (unlikely) then she’s not our ship. I will stop tracking her.

GRANDE TEXAS is the current favourite to be carrying the 3rd MIC shipment from Shanghai to the UK.
Now since she should be heading for the Straits of Gibraltar it is perhaps a little surprising that she is on course for Sicily.
As I mentioned previously this is a brand new Italian registered ship and her current course suggests she is going to do some ’scenic cruising’.
I seem to recall another Italian ship, Costa Concordia, did that a few years back.
She hasn’t updated her AIS with an ETA for Southampton but I’m expecting 15 or 16 Mar.

MED GRANDE TEXAS.png

VIKING BRAVERY is currently approaching New York. She is due to depart Newark on Thursday evening and I expect she will arrive in Zeebrugge around 19 Mar. Don’t forget to enter the competition - it will be the last one for the quarter!

Status
Not open for further replies.