Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mr Miserable - Are you able to identify potential Q2 Shanghai departures in advance, or is it a case of tracking them down once people start confirming they have been matched to GB bound vehicles?
A few similar questions. How many suitable ships that carry cars exist in the world? Is it in the dozens or is there hundreds? How far in advance would a company like Tesla make their bookings to be sure there is a ship available?

@Mr Miserable - Are you able to identify potential Q2 Shanghai departures in advance, or is it a case of tracking them down once people start confirming they have been matched to GB bound vehicles?
I wish! Some ships are operating schedules that are published online but most aren't. I haven't found a port schedule for Shanghai.
A few similar questions. How many suitable ships that carry cars exist in the world? Is it in the dozens or is there hundreds? How far in advance would a company like Tesla make their bookings to be sure there is a ship available?
There are hundreds of RoRo's in service. For Tesla chartering a whole ship is probably done months in advance. At the moment there is plenty of ship availability, particularly from the Far East. A bigger problem is getting a port booking in a busy port like Shanghai at a date that Tesla want.

It's still looking very likely that GLOVIS COUNTESS will be departing Pier 80 tomorrow (Wednesday) evening, probably to the Far East.
I can't find any indications of RCC TIANJIN operating in Europe in May and so I am pretty convinced that she will head to the Far East too.
I can however confirm that GLOVIS COSMOS will be heading for Zeebrugge.

The loading of GLOVIS COUNTESS will complete later today however she will now not depart until 0400 tomorrow morning (local time), Midday UK time.

Still nothing of note spotted departing Shanghai.
020EE988-7889-45DD-97D2-8061D7C947A2.jpeg

Looks like there is one leaving Shanghai for Europe ... so there are cars being delivered to Zeebrugge from Shanghai this quarter ?

View attachment 651793

Looks like there is one leaving Shanghai for Europe ... so there are cars being delivered to Zeebrugge from Shanghai this quarter ?
I noted TUGELA's departure but there is nothing to suggest she has Tesla cargo onboard and the arrival date in Zeebrugge is also wrong - she will arrive there on 9 May.
This is a scheduled service calling at Pireaus and Bristol - not a Tesla chartered ship.
Shanghai is proving to be a difficult port for 'Tesla trackers" and I think the self-proclaimed "Master" has got it wrong - again.
I have my eye on a possible Tesla ship that has yet to dock in Shanghai.

I noted TUGELA's departure but there is nothing to suggest she has Tesla cargo onboard and the arrival date in Zeebrugge is also wrong - she will arrive there on 9 May.
This is a scheduled service calling at Pireaus and Bristol - not a Tesla chartered ship.
Shanghai is proving to be a difficult port for 'Tesla trackers" and I think the self-proclaimed "Master" has got it wrong - again.
I have my eye on a possible Tesla ship that has yet to dock in Shanghai.
Thank you for all this info if nothing else it is passing the time for us expectant M3P pending owners :D

Thank you for all this info if nothing else it is passing the time for us expectant M3P pending owners :D

I pestered Tesla again this morning, using a different channel, the only thing that they would tell me is that as we are approaching May, an SMS message will be getting sent out very soon.

I will keep checking my phone !! 😬

I pestered Tesla again this morning, using a different channel, the only thing that they would tell me is that as we are approaching May, an SMS message will be getting sent out very soon.

I will keep checking my phone !! 😬
I have the week commencing 17th May from the leasing company we are using and they told me that as from the 20th April when the ship has left then they will match up orders? I am new to Tesla and leasing so not sure if this makes sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.