Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GLOVIS COSMOS is making steady progress at about 16kts down the Pacific coast of Baja California, Mexico.
She is due to arrive off Panama on 26 Apr and I expect her to arrive in Zeebrugge on 9 May.
Don't forget to enter the GLOVIS COSMOS competition - CLICK HERE to enter!
Cosmos Pacif.png

LE MANS EXPRESS is currently alongside Pier 80. According to a usually reliable local source she is highly likely to depart this evening - her destination remains unknown but is not likely to be Europe.

GRAND RACE is currently loitering off the coast waiting to enter port. She is due to arrive early on Tuesday morning but may dock at Pier 80 as soon as it becomes free this evening. Her destination is also unknown and I believe is also unlikely to be Europe.

I suspect GLOVIS SUMMIT, rather than LAKE FUXIAN, could be the next ship to load. She was due to arrive in Benicia on Wednesday 21 but she is running 24hrs late at the moment.

GLORIOUS LEADER departed Shanghai on 7 Apr and is presently heading for Suez - I'm keeping an eye on her but I don't believe she is carrying Tesla's.

RCC AFRICA is carrying LHD Model 3's to (edit: Ashdod, Israel and )Zeebrugge from Shanghai. I expect her to arrive in Zeebrugge around 11 May (Maybe 13/14 May now we know she is calling at Israel first). The weather is fine at present.

RCC AFRICA to Suez.png

LYDDEN I suspect her to be carrying Model 3s to UK from Shanghai. She left there on 9 Apr. She is maintaining just under 15kts. The weather looks good.
I would expect her to arrive in Southampton (if she is heading there) around 9 May.

LYDDEN to Suez.png

GLOVIS CHAMPION is also on my watch list. She left Shanghai on 14 Apr and is currently transiting the South China Sea enroute to Singapore.

Last edited:
Reactions: nova56
The San Francisco Port Schedule has been published!
For once, it is a revelation!
It shows the following ships will visit Pier 80:

LE MANS EXPRESS 18/4
GRAND RACE 20/4
GLOVIS SUMMIT 23/4
LAKE FUXIAN 25/4
GRAND SAPPHIRE 28/4
GLOVIS CHORUS 1/5
GLOVIS CENTURY 7/5
GLOVIS COUNTESS 17/5

The Sapphire and Chorus are news to me, as is the return of the Countess.
At the moment I can say with confidence that only LAKE FUXIAN and GLOVIS CENTURY will be heading to Zeebrugge.

I am rather pleased that I was able to forecast so many of them correctly. The smugness soon disappears when I look at Shanghai though!

The San Francisco Port Schedule has been published!
For once, it is a revelation!
It shows the following ships will visit Pier 80:

LE MANS EXPRESS 18/4
GRAND RACE 20/4
GLOVIS SUMMIT 23/4
LAKE FUXIAN 25/4
GRAND SAPPHIRE 28/4
GLOVIS CHORUS 1/5
GLOVIS CENTURY 7/5
GLOVIS COUNTESS 17/5

The Sapphire and Chorus are news to me, as is the return of the Countess.
At the moment I can say with confidence that only LAKE FUXIAN and GLOVIS CENTURY will be heading to Zeebrugge.

I am rather pleased that I was able to forecast so many of them correctly. The smugness soon disappears when I look at Shanghai though!
That is confirmed.
RCC AFRICA is scheduled to arrive at Ashdod, Israel on 2 May.
Thanks @ronen261
How many cars u expect rcc africa had on it ?

The departure of LE MANS EXPRESS continues to be delayed. Another couple of hours was the last estimate I received.
My source cannot tell me the reason.
So we are looking at around 1pm UK time at the moment.
GRAND RACE is looking like she may be heading in which may be a signal that the issues with LE MANS EXPRESS may have been resolved already.
We shall see.....

GLOVIS COSMOS continues to make steady progress at about 15kts down the Pacific coast of Mexico.
The weather is looking fine for her all the way to Panama.
She is due to arrive off Panama on 26 Apr and I expect her to arrive in Zeebrugge on 9 May.

Enter the GLOVIS COSMOS competition HERE.

Cosmos Pacif.png

LE MANS EXPRESS will depart Pier 80 imminently to Taiwan.

GRAND RACE won’t be staying at Pier 80 very long and my local source says she will probably depart tomorrow (Wed) evening. Her destination is unknown at present but I believe it is highly unlikely to be Europe.

The SF Port schedule published yesterday confirmed that GLOVIS SUMMIT will be the next ship to load on Friday.

LYDDEN I suspect her to be carrying Model 3s to UK from Shanghai. She left there on 9 Apr. She is almost exactly 24 hrs ahead of RCC AFRICA and is currently passing to the south of Sri Lanka.
I would expect her to arrive in Southampton around 9 May.

LYDDEN to Suez.png

RCC AFRICA is carrying LHD Model 3's to Israel and EU from Shanghai .
She is due at Ashdod on 2 May. I expect her to arrive in Zeebrugge around 13 May at the earliest.
The weather in the Indian Ocean is fine at present.

RCC AFRICA to Suez.png

GLOVIS CHAMPION is no longer of interest.

TAURUS LEADER is just departing Shanghai and is on my watch list however I’m not very confident that she will turn out to be a Tesla ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.