Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back on the shipping front, LAKE FUXIAN is clearly heading for the Mona Passage.
She hasn't updated her AIS, which is very unhelpful, however based on her speed (she doesn't appear to be in any rush) I would say that her ETA Zeebrugge will now be 22 May.
@Mr Miserable how long do RoRo ships unload and then typically for Tesla, how long till all cars leave the dock parking lot? I'm curious about that part of the process. Thanks!

Back on the shipping front, LAKE FUXIAN is clearly heading for the Mona Passage.
She hasn't updated her AIS, which is very unhelpful, however based on her speed (she doesn't appear to be in any rush) I would say that her ETA Zeebrugge will now be 22 May.
Dear Mr. Miserable,

Thank you for you wisdom. Any chance Lake Fuxian had Model 3 Performance on board? I’m awaiting for my delivery in the Netherlands. They say it will be by the end of May.. I only have an RN number and my car has been assigned to my account.

Dear Mr. Miserable,

Thank you for you wisdom. Any chance Lake Fuxian had Model 3 Performance on board? I’m awaiting for my delivery in the Netherlands. They say it will be by the end of May.. I only have an RN number and my car has been assigned to my account.
I'm sorry but I have a hard enough time identifying and tracking the ships - speculating on the precise make-up of their cargo would be a step too far.

Dear Mr. Miserable,

In the german Tesla forum there are reports, that some M3Ps are on the FUXIAN. But afaik many M3Ps are on the CHORUS (so is mine :( )

Dear Mr. Miserable,

Thank you for you wisdom. Any chance Lake Fuxian had Model 3 Performance on board? I’m awaiting for my delivery in the Netherlands.
In the german Tesla forum there are reports, that some M3Ps are on the FUXIAN. But afaik many M3Ps are on the CHORUS (so is mine :( )
Here in the UK we've had no new model 3 performances in the whole of 2021 to-date. I'm curious - has that also happened in Germany / Netherlands, or did you still receive performance models in Q1?

Here in the UK we've had no new model 3 performances in the whole of 2021 to-date. I'm curious - has that also happened in Germany / Netherlands, or did you still receive performance models in Q1?
I ordered in Q2, so don't know for sure about Q1, but I did not see any reports, that people from Q1 are waiting for their M3P. So I would say there is no delay for M3P. Furthermore, delivery dates for Q2 are set for some people.

But this most likely will be because of M3P from Shanghai and M3P from Fremont.

Reactions: leewillis77
I ordered in Q2, so don't know for sure about Q1, but I did not see any reports, that people from Q1 are waiting for their M3P. So I would say there is no delay for M3P. Furthermore, delivery dates for Q2 are set for some people.

But this most likely will be because of M3P from Shanghai and M3P from Fremont.
There have been no UK deliveries of the M3P in 2021. I, as well as others are still waiting for deliveries dating as far back as October 2020 (My order was 14/12/20).

All M3 deliveries into the UK are coming from Shanghai as far as I am aware.

Hi all,

New here.

I have a M3 LR on order via Company Car Scheme since mid-April. The car is set for trailer delivery to Cambridgeshire, UK. I have a 234 VIN. I've just spoken with a TESLA Advisor and she was able to confirm that Glovis Sun is carrying my car. She wasn't able to say the name of the ship outload but she confirmed I was correct when I gave her the name. Their estimate delivery time is mid June. The vessel, they expect to arrive early June. I was told on the 26th April that the car was sat in the port of Shanghai. I was told on the 30th April that it had set sail. Glovis Sun departed the Port of Shanghai on April 29th, so seems to add up.

Hope this helps others too. Thanks @Mr Miserable for the detailed posts - you helped me piece it together!

Paul

LAKE FUXIAN completed her passage of the Panama Canal yesterday.
She is currently taking a very southerly route towards the Mona Passage. This is a pretty unusual route to take outside the hurricane season.
It is a bit windy in the Caribbean at the moment which is making it a bit choppy but nothing that would require her to divert around. Strange.
She has at least updated her AIS and confirms my ETA of 22 May

Fuxian Caribbean.png

GLOVIS CHORUS is currently about 60NM S of Acapulco.
She is due to arrive at the Panama Canal on Friday.
Her ETA for Zeebrugge will be around 27 May

The GLOVIS CHORUS competition is open - ENTER HERE. It's free to enter - give it a go!

CHORUS PAC.png

GLOVIS CENTURY remains alongside Pier 80.
I still don’t know to where or when she plans to depart.

RCC AFRICA is carrying LHD Model 3's to EU from Shanghai .
She is currently approaching the English Channel and will arrive in Zeebrugge tomorrow night.

RCC Africa Med.png

GLOVIS SUN is bound for the Suez Canal with an ETA there of 18 May.
She is making just under 15kts towards the coast of Yemen.
My ETA for her in Zeebrugge is 28 May and possibly Southampton around 31 May.
The Zeebrugge Port Schedule is showing her arriving there on 4 Jun.

GL SUN to Suez.png

LAKE GENEVA is enroute to Suez with an ETA of 27 May.
She continues to enjoy calm conditions in the South China Sea and is making on average just over 17 kts.
I estimate that
Geneva S China.png
she will arrive at Zeebrugge around 6 Jun.

Hello Mr. Miserable,
The LAKE FUXIAN is below 16kn. Is this usual for ships in this area? Meaning she will pick up the pace once she passes the Carribean?
This came to my mind because the approach to the Panama channel was also at very low speeds

Do you think city of Oslo from zebrugee to drammen will have Tesla cars in it.. it left in the afternoon of the 9th and I think that might be a little too early to match up? I don’t know how long it takes to unload and load a RORO
City of Oslo left Zeebrugge as Glovis Cosmos was docking, so no Tesla's there.
However - Viking Amber is docked right behind Glovis Cosmos and planned in to Drammen on May 13th from Zeebrugge. I'll put my money on that one

Hello Mr. Miserable,
The LAKE FUXIAN is below 16kn. Is this usual for ships in this area? Meaning she will pick up the pace once she passes the Carribean?
This came to my mind because the approach to the Panama channel was also at very low speeds
The Caribbean weather can always produce some surprises. The combination of the very warm waters, the acute angles of insolation at this time of year and the humididty can trigger a fierce localised storm at the drop of a hat. We are on the cusp of the hurricane season which normally starts in June but over recent years appears to be regularly creeping into May. There are no hurricanes on the horizon just yet but the long term forecasts are predicting a bumper year.
The speed variations she is experiencing is usually indicative of rough seas and the course she has taken is one that has been used in the past to avoid weather to the north.

Reactions: cpt_
Status
Not open for further replies.