Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a UK sub section I didn’t realize either.. we should post in inter European shipping..

Moderator comment.

No. It is little to do with UK and Ireland sub forum. The issue is the relevance of many of the posts when there are other more suitable threads in which to post.

Posts that query individual vehicle location should be in the new VINs and Vehicle Deliveries - where is my car? and existing Inter-European Shipping and Deliveries threads. This keeps the shipping movements thread clear for information on the whereabouts of ships and not peoples cars. Most people appreciate this thread being kept clear for the purposes that it is intended.

The only relevance to UK and Ireland is that it has a different moderation team, some of whom like (or have a little more time) to keep the thread clear for its intended purposes. If people want to post in the UK and Ireland sub forum they have to accept that their posts will be moderated in exactly the same way as any other post in this UK and Ireland sub forum which includes off topic or irrelevant posts being moved or deleted - the numerous warnings in the thread should give a clue as to what sort of posts are acceptable and what are not.

People from everywhere are welcome to post relevant posts in this thread. But they must accept that posts that are seen by the moderators as not being relevant will be moved to a more relevant location or deleted.

The two alternate threads above are in the European sub forum as one is specific to Inter European deliveries and the other attract posts from a more global catchment although predominately European. It also means that these posts are moderated by a different team so may be treated in a different manner.

The location of the shipping movements thread is the choice and wish of the OP. The moderation team are unpaid individuals who give up their personal time to help keep TMC a useful, interesting and entertaining source of information. The easiest way to achieve that is by respecting the wishes of the OP, the needs of other and accepting moderation decisions when rules have clearly been laid out and non conformant posts are moved to a different location.

If anyone does not agree with this, can I point them in the direction of the Terms of Service.

RULES ENFORCEMENT: You further understand that TMC staff and it's volunteer moderators have the final say when it comes to post removals or edits. We make every effort to reach an understanding when dealing with posts that need to be removed or edited. If you have an issue with a volunteer moderator, or a choice made by them, you are asked to bring it to a site administrators attention to look into and handle. THE SITE ADMINISTRATORS and OWNERS have the final say. Please respect that the volunteer moderators are just that, volunteers. They give their time to help make TeslaMotorsClub.com a great place to visit.

Last edited:
GLOVIS SUN remains in Zeebrugge and since she is scheduled to arrive in Southampton on Monday evening we can expect her to depart early tomorrow morning.

LAKE GENEVA continues to maintain nearly 17 kts as she crosses the Mediterranean.
She is currently off the north coast of Algeria and should transit the Straits of Gibraltar tomorrow morning.
She will arrive off Zeebrugge on Thursday night.

GENEVA MED PROGRESS.png

GLOVIS CENTURY is currently about 720NM SE of Halifax, Canada.
She finally updated her AIS yesterday which shows an ETA for Zeebrugge of 0100 local time on Saturday, which she can easily achieve.
It looks like she will enjoy a smooth crossing for the remainder of her voyage.

Century Atlantic.png

HYPERION RAY is the ship that I believe will be coming to Southampton, and possibly Zeebrugge as well.
She continues to cruise up the Red Sea towards Suez at just under 16kts.
Her transit of the Suez Canal now looks like it will happen on Tuesday and I estimate her arrival into Southampton will be on 9 Jun.

Hyp Ray to Suez.png

GLOVIS COUNTESS is the final ship of Q2 to depart Pier 80 for Europe.
She is currently about 180 NM off the coast of Nicaragua making just under 17kts..
I estimate her arrival in Zeebrugge will be around 14 Jun.
Having said that, I still don’t know when to expect her to conduct her transit of the Panama Canal - I suspect she is aiming to transit on Tuesday.
The good news is that although the hurricane season is upon us, it still remains very quiet at the moment and there is nothing brewing that should affect her in the next week at least, fingers crossed. Nevertheless, her canal transit will probably be greeted with frequent thunderstorms and heavy rain.

The GLOVIS COUNTESS competition will be the last one this quarter and will promptly close for new entries as soon as she enters the Panama Canal.
All you have to do is guess where she will be at midday UTC on 10 June. It's free to enter and there is no prize - it's just a bit of fun! ENTER HERE

Countess Pacific.png

Satellite data supplied courtesy of marinetraffic

There’s a great free documentary on YouTube (45mins) of the extra large RORO Hoegh Trapper making a journey through the Panama Canal and how the cars and items are secured.. I was sad enough to watch the whole thing in the gym the other day! Quite informative though…
I tried searching for the documentary you mentioned, but can't seem to be able to find it. Could you provide a link, or the video title? Thanks!

Hello, I ordered my tesla m3 SR+ The 24/04/21 from stavanger, Norway (west coast). havent received any text messsage from tesla and i dont have any estimated delivery on my tesla account or vin nulber.. they say delivery will be middle juni, do you believe my car will be on any of these ships? Thanks mate
wrong reply sorry but there you go.. that’s the documentary

LAKE GENEVA
In the small hours of this morning LAKE GENEVA came to a halt.
This is the third unscheduled stoppage this ship has experienced on this voyage from Shanghai.
Looking at her track, it would appear that there was some warning of the need to stop since the ship moved south out of the shipping lanes before coming to a stop.
The good news is that she is now moving again and slowly increasing speed on track for the Straits of Gibraltar. Fingers crossed....

Screenshot 2021-05-31 at 09.26.50.png

GLOVIS SUN departed Zeebrugge this morning and will easily make Southampton this evening.

LAKE GENEVA has resumed her voyage after yet another unscheduled 4 hr + stop early this morning (see above).
This unreliability needs to be fixed once and for all. If I had an idle ocean-going tug I might be proactive and start tailing her, just in case.
Looking ahead there is a very good chance that LAKE GENEVA could be the first ship from Pier 80 in Q3.
She should transit the Straits of Gibraltar in the next couple of hours.
She is scheduled to arrive off Zeebrugge on Thursday night but she needs to get a wiggle on if she is to make it on time.

GENEVA MED PROGRESS.png

GLOVIS CENTURY continues to cross the Atlantic at over 18kts.
Her ETA for Zeebrugge is 0100 local time on Saturday, which she can easily achieve.
It looks like she will enjoy a smooth crossing for the remainder of her voyage.

Century Atlantic.png

HYPERION RAY is the ship that I believe will be coming to Southampton, and possibly Zeebrugge as well.
She is now in the Gulf of Suez and has reduced speed as she approaches the anchorage off Suez.
It very much looks like her transit of the Suez Canal will happen tomorrow morning and I estimate her arrival into Southampton will be on 9 Jun.

Hyp Ray to Suez.png

GLOVIS COUNTESS is the final ship of Q2 to depart Pier 80 for Europe.
She is currently approaching the south west coast of Panama making just under 17kts..
I estimate her arrival in Zeebrugge will be around 14 Jun.
Having said that, I still don’t know when to expect her to conduct her transit of the Panama Canal - I suspect she is aiming to transit late tomorrow.
The good news is that although the hurricane season is upon us, it still remains very quiet at the moment and there is nothing brewing that should affect her in the next week at least, fingers crossed.
She is well clear of the developing tropical storms in the eastern Pacific, nevertheless, her canal transit will probably be greeted with frequent thunderstorms and heavy rain.

The final competition of Q2 remains open but will close as soon as she enters the Panama canal.
Where will GLOVIS COUNTESS be on 10 June? ENTER HERE

Countess Pacific.png

Satellite data supplied courtesy of marinetraffic

Thank you so much Mr M for bringing my car's journey to life. Well on your way to becoming a National Treasure.
Indeed - thank you @Mr Miserable - it’s been fun speculating which ship my car might be on, and tracking the progress. Wasn’t expecting a port arrival photo but that’s great!

Now if you could just log in to your satellite imagery console tonight and check my car for scratches that’d be great… 😊

Indeed - thank you @Mr Miserable - it’s been fun speculating which ship my car might be on, and tracking the progress. Wasn’t expecting a port arrival photo but that’s great!

Now if you could just log in to your satellite imagery console tonight and check my car for scratches that’d be great… 😊
And thanks from me too. It's been exciting and informative following Glovis Sun around the globe, past some scary parts of the world. It's also brought the carriage of international trade to life. Thanks again. Only 10 more sleeps ...

Status
Not open for further replies.