Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Newbie here been obsessing since deciding to go with a TM3 LR. Great amount of information here and top marks for Mr M on all the shipping data it’s really blown my mind how all this has been gathered. I ordered mine through my work and confirm purchased on 23/2 and received a text today that my delivery date is for the 16/3 crazy fast match up, I was originally told waiting time was about 14 weeks. Any ways due to financial commitments I had to push back taking the order until after April. My question to Mr M is there any more shipping from China due to leave or will I be matched with a possible vehicle from the one coming from New Jersey.

D

Hi All,

Newbie here been obsessing since deciding to go with a TM3 LR. Great amount of information here and top marks for Mr M on all the shipping data it’s really blown my mind how all this has been gathered. I ordered mine through my work and confirm purchased on 23/2 and received a text today that my delivery date is for the 16/3 crazy fast match up, I was originally told waiting time was about 14 weeks. Any ways due to financial commitments I had to push back taking the order until after April. My question to Mr M is there any more shipping from China due to leave or will I be matched with a possible vehicle from the one coming from New Jersey.

D
(you didn't ask me but) LR 3's for Europe are made in Fremont.

LAKE GENEVA competition.

The results are in!
We didn't have a direct hit in this competition.
At 1200z today the ship was located in Grid Square E6 and within its Minor Square 1

The closest, and therefore the winning, entry was @alubrenner (F5 22) who was just 311 NM off target. (Distance measured from the centre of the chosen square to the ship's position at midday)

In 2nd place was @DrallocFra (F5 17) who was a mere 323 NM off target.
In 3rd place was @Bantam (F5 3) who was 454 NM off target.

Congratulations to all, but there isn't so much as even a cuddly toy to win!

Some trivia for you:
The most popular GridSquare was F5
The most popular Minor Square overall was 9
If you had chosen that combination, which nobody did, you would have ended up 468 NM off target.

It’s worth mentioning that in the GRAND RUBY competition the winner was @alubrenner and in 3rd place was @Bantam. These guys are good!!

Stop their winning streak -make sure you enter the GLOVIS SIRIUS competition and the VIKING BRAVERY competition now.

The putrid polluter GLOVIS COMPANION has crossed the Bay of Biscay and is now just about to enter the English Channel Her ETA for Zeebrugge remains 2100Z tonight according to her AIS but this is not realistic. The Zeebrugge port schedule shows they are expecting her at 1100 tomorrow , which is much more likely. She has also reduced speed to about 17kts which is about right.

Glovis Companion Atlantic Progress.png

MORNING CAPO This is the ship that left Shanghai on 3 Feb that is supposedly bringing the 2nd batch of Chinese made Model 3s to the UK.
She is currently about 80NM SSE of Ibiza making just under 18kts on her uneventful Mediterranean transit. There are no weather concerns for the moment. Her ETA for Southampton remains 1800 on Wednesday however the Southampton port schedule has her arriving at 0730 on Thursday.

That’s the good news over with, let’s look at the bad news.

At the moment she is scheduled into the Eastern docks and Teslas are landed in the Western docks. No ship move from the Eastern to Western docks has yet been scheduled. This is a big issue to me and the reason for the ‘supposedly’ in the 1st line. It is very, very unlikely that any Teslas would be unloaded in the Eastern docks. There is no physical connection between the 2 docks without leaving the customs area. If she doesn’t come to the Western docks then I would say she is not carrying Teslas. In the meantime, let’s keep watch on the Southampton port schedule.

CAPO MED Progress .png

LAKE GENEVA is making good progress at just over 17kts towards the Azores.
At the moment she is looking good to make her ETA for Zeebrugge of 0700Z on 7 Mar

GENEVA Atlantic Progress.png

GLOVIS SIRIUS is making steady progress south at just over 17kts along the Mexican Pacific coast.
She is currently 20NM off the coast about 100nm south of Puerto Vallarta
The weather continues to look fine for the moment.
She will arrive off Panama on Wednesday evening and I expect her to transit the canal on Thursday.
I have pencilled her in to arrive in Zeebrugge around 15 Mar.

Enter the GLOVIS SIRIUS competition.

SIRIUS Pacif Prog.png

VIKING BRAVERY is scheduled to depart from New Jersey on 3 Mar bound for Zeebrugge. This continues the custom for Tesla to squeeze an extra boatload to Europe by sending the cars overland by train to New Jersey and then loading them on a ship from there. I now estimate that she will arrive in Zeebrugge around 11 Mar which will be ahead of GLOVIS SIRIUS.

The VIKING BRAVERY competition is now open - it will close the moment she departs from New Jersey. Enter HERE

LAKE GENEVA competition.

The results are in!
We didn't have a direct hit in this competition.
At 1200z today the ship was located in Grid Square E6 and within its Minor Square 1

The closest, and therefore the winning, entry was @alubrenner (F5 22) who was just 311 NM off target. (Distance measured from the centre of the chosen square to the ship's position at midday)

In 2nd place was @DrallocFra (F5 17) who was a mere 323 NM off target.
In 3rd place was @Bantam (F5 3) who was 454 NM off target.

Congratulations to all, but there isn't so much as even a cuddly toy to win!

Some trivia for you:
The most popular GridSquare was F5
The most popular Minor Square overall was 9
If you had chosen that combination, which nobody did, you would have ended up 468 NM off target.

It’s worth mentioning that in the GRAND RUBY competition the winner was @alubrenner and in 3rd place was @Bantam. These guys are good!!

Stop their winning streak -make sure you enter the GLOVIS SIRIUS competition and the VIKING BRAVERY competition now.

If only I could be so accurate in locating the rattles in my car;)

Status
Not open for further replies.