Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is intersting about delivery dates for a UK May delivery.

i have seen no evidence yet of any transport wrap on any large numbers of MIC Tesla production - they have been doing this extensively the last 2 quarters.

i have not seen right hand drive being made in Shanghai yet also this quarter (It doesn’t mean there hasn’t been, but normally it is obvious when they do the RHD markets over the course of a week or two).

in the Australian market, Tesla delivery estimates are still June.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Mr Miserable
It is intersting about delivery dates for a UK May delivery.

i have seen no evidence yet of any transport wrap on any large numbers of MIC Tesla production - they have been doing this extensively the last 2 quarters.

i have not seen right hand drive being made in Shanghai yet also this quarter (It doesn’t mean there hasn’t been, but normally it is obvious when they do the RHD markets over the course of a week or two).

in the Australian market, Tesla delivery estimates are still June.
These are all very good points.
I had expected to see other RHD markets being served by now but I have no doubt that a ship is on its way to the UK - but which one??
As you are aware RCC AFRICA is my favourite but there are others that I'm keeping an eye on:
GLORIOUS LEADER a bit of an outsider, LYDDEN, RCC ANTWERP (another outsider), TORRENS and GLOVIS CHAMPION are all on my watch list.
Hopefully I shall be in a position to be able to rule out LYDDEN tomorrow.

These are all very good points.
I had expected to see other RHD markets being served by now but I have no doubt that a ship is on its way to the UK - but which one??
As you are aware RCC AFRICA is my favourite but there are others that I'm keeping an eye on:
GLORIOUS LEADER a bit of an outsider, LYDDEN, RCC ANTWERP (another outsider), TORRENS and GLOVIS CHAMPION are all on my watch list.
Hopefully I shall be in a position to be able to rule out LYDDEN tomorrow.
Hearing reports in France that all SR+ is coming from Shanghai and not Fremont - sounds surprising but wondering if that translates to shipping movements from Shanghai to Zeebrugge ?

Reactions: Mr Miserable
In France, it's indicated "May" (LR / SR+)
Yep and no VINs assigned as yet so can’t confirm if SR+ is from China and LR/Perfs from US as yet from what I read on French forums - however TAs in France have confirmed in writing that the French SR+ are being brought in from Shanghai. Makes this quarter’s ship tracking quite an adventure compared to the previous quarter. @Mr Miserable

This was shared on the French forum ... looks like this one is indeed headed to Europe with Teslas. By the way, Bristol and not Southampton?
11C000FF-2260-4BE3-9D9F-7FFC4955F99E.jpeg

This was shared on the French forum ... looks like this one is indeed headed to Europe with Teslas. By the way, Bristol and not Southampton?View attachment 653906
This is TUGELA. When I was looking for Southampton bound ships I discounted her, since she is not going there. I still think she is a bit of an outsider despite her calling at Zeebrugge.
TOREADOR which is currently alongside Shanghai loading will also be heading to Zeebrugge arriving 18 May.
The trouble I have with both these ships are that they are scheduled services and given the quantity of cars Tesla will want to ship I think we should be looking at chartered vessels.

Last edited:
Reactions: muraliaix
The delays at California's container ports are just getting worse. We are looking at a 2 week wait to dock at Oakland at the moment.
These sort of delays will have a marked effect on manufacturing and I wonder how long Fremont will be able to maintain full production.
A lot of components used to arrive via container into Oakland for both Fremont and GF 1 Nevada.

LE MANS EXPRESS is inbound to Pier 80 and is due to arrive on Sat 17 Apr. I don't think this ship will be heading for Europe.
I don't yet have the departure time for GLOVIS COSMOS but now we know it is likely to be earlier than Saturday morning.
Next ship to depart to Europe I think will be LAKE FUXIAN next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: MGrove
Status
Not open for further replies.