Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a reminder for anyone who is new to this part of the Tesla adventure!
You will have ordered your car and then will hear nothing else from Tesla for weeks. This thread will give you an idea of when to expect delivery by knowing exactly where the ships carrying Teslas are.
Today, 3 April, there are no ships carrying Teslas at sea, but that will change in the coming weeks. Nevertheless if you are in EU/UK do not expect delivery of a new Tesla in April unless it is a car that is in stock. The first ships will not arrive until May.
If you are in the UK, I am expecting your car to be shipped from Shanghai to Southampton.
If you are in Europe, I expect your car to be shipped from California (Pier 80) to Zeebrugge.
Thank you for your very informative posts. Any Idea where Ireland will be getting deliveries from? I am assuming that we will be with the UK rather than Europe as we are also RHD? Do we get an allocation from the Southampton shipment?

Thank you for your very informative posts. Any Idea where Ireland will be getting deliveries from? I am assuming that we will be with the UK rather than Europe as we are also RHD? Do we get an allocation from the Southampton shipment?
I believe they came from Southampton in Q1 and were shipped by road transporter to Dublin.

Reactions: Peanut M3P
Moderator comment - this thread is in the UK and Ireland sub forum. Please ensure that posts and quotes contain only text in English language. Posts containing any non English language text can not be moderated and will be deleted without warning.

RCC AFRICA it is then! I have her arriving in Zeebrugge on 12 May (poss 11 May) and so I think a delivery in Germany on 14 May may be a little sharp.
On that basis we can completely rule out TUGELA.
I have also just ruled out RCC ANTWERP (again).
I just need to nail down the ship carrying RHD models.....

RCC AFRICA it is then! I have her arriving in Zeebrugge on 12 May (poss 11 May) and so I think a delivery in Germany on 14 May may be a little sharp.
Oh indeed. 14 may is a little bit to sharp. Although 14 may is announced as delivery day on my final bill, this might just be an "estimated" delivery day. I guess.

RCC AFRICA is pretty safe...the SA just read it from his PC when I asked.

What about the GLORIUS LEADER for the UK M3´s?

CrKeRvWWYAAX727.jpg

And this is what it looks like when bringing them in... Ok they are VW's but... ;)

We are all waiting to hear about the ship carrying RHD P's if only you could tell us what they are carrying !!

Does anybody know how long it takes a ROLO to travel from China to the UK ?
Also, how long it trypically then takes for cars to be distributed to collection points within the UK thereafter?
It takes about 28 - 30 days on average.
Last quarter was difficult to assess delivery times because Tesla wanted to delay deliveries until March to ensure they gave VW a good whacking in the monthly stats (which they did). I would estimate the earliest deliveries will be about 5 days after the ship arrives.

Reactions: markbingley
RHD vehicles at Giga Shanghai
Being charged and parked ready for loading on to car carriers.

Note the driver at around 1:00 who drives to the booth, drives past and back around to the line of white Teslas, parks at the back, gets out on the right and walks to the front car and gets in on the right

Just watched both videos closely and can't see any spoilers on any of those cars indicating there are Performance models waiting to be shipped. Perhaps the spoiler is added at the delivery centre? Couldn't see any Uber Turbines or Zero G wheels either.

Did spot this, wonder if it's hiding something special or someone just went crazy with the protective wrap?

1618512334558.png

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Status
Not open for further replies.