Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered M3 LR PW on 31 March as well but for the Netherlands. How did you see the delivery estimates?
9FF2EBE6-C523-42AC-B51E-795AA9EEE44E.jpeg

Reactions: hungrxyz
The repercussions of the Suez blockage last month are still sounding particularly in the container shipping industry and especially on the Asia - Europe route. Containers were already in short supply in Asia and with ships out of position, port congestion and other delays as a result of the blockage, the rates are still spiralling rapidly upwards. The published rates are showing a 5% increase - good luck in finding that rate, the reality is much more. If a freight forwarder can find an available space on a container ship (most ships for the next 6 - 8 weeks are already fully booked) any quote will only be valid for a matter of minutes. There is hope that Q3 may see a return to normality but looking at the port delays at the moment for container ships I reckon it may take much longer.

The situation with RoRo’s is not quite the same - yes ships are out of position and ships are incurring delays because of port congestion but they have not been affected anywhere near as badly as the container fleet. The pandemic forced RoRo operators to change their modus operandi primarily because of the difficulty in rotating crews at foreign ports. Most RoRo’s are crewed by Asians and so instead of basing a ship in Europe say and flying crews in and out of European airports, many ships are now on global circumnavigational routes that start and finish in Asia/Far East. This has led to increased availability of space on routes to and from Asia and the Far East. The RoRo industry is however notoriously uncompetitive and the benefits of this extra space has yet to be felt in the marketplace.

Reactions: Tinca
This quarter has been notable already for some unusual movements to/from Pier 80.
The 1st ship of Q2 to visit Pier 80 was GLOVIS COUNTESS which departed to Portland before heading off to Japan.
Now, GRAND RACE will depart to Hueneme, a port down the California coast near Oxnard.
Very puzzling... Answers on a postcard please.

GLOVIS COSMOS continues her uneventful voyage down the Pacific coast of Mexico. She is currently 180 NM west of Puerto Vallarta and is averaging just over 15kts. I’m not anticipating any weather concerns for her on this voyage to Panama.
She is due to arrive off Panama on 26 Apr and I expect her to arrive in Zeebrugge around 9 May.

Enter the GLOVIS COSMOS competition HERE.

Cosmos Pacif.png

GRAND RACE is currently alongside Pier 80. I’m informed that she will depart in the early hours of Thursday morning (around midday UK time tomorrow) to Hueneme - a port further down the California coast. An unusual destination.

GLOVIS SUMMIT will be the next ship to load. She is already enroute from San Diego to Benicia (another port in the San Francisco Bay) and will arrive there this evening to unload. Once empty, the plan is for her to move across to Pier 80 tomorrow evening in preparation for loading to commence on Friday. I haven't figured out her destination yet.

LYDDEN I suspect her to be carrying Model 3s to UK from Shanghai. She left there on 9 Apr. I'm glad to see that she has increased speed slightly to about 15.5 kts in the last few hours which has made her ETA for Suez achievable - she needs to maintain that.
I would expect her to arrive in Southampton around 9 May.

LYDDEN to Suez.png

RCC AFRICA is carrying LHD Model 3's to Israel and EU from Shanghai . She has just rounded the southern tip of Sri Lanka and over the last 24 hours has covered 354 NM. She is due at Ashdod on 2 May. I expect her to arrive in Zeebrugge around 13 May at the earliest. The weather in the Indian Ocean continues to be fine.

RCC AFRICA to Suez.png

The vehicle docks in Shanghai have been unusually quiet over the last couple of days....

This quarter has been notable already for some unusual movements to/from Pier 80.
The 1st ship of Q2 to visit Pier 80 was GLOVIS COUNTESS which departed to Portland before heading off to Japan.
Now, GRAND RACE will depart to Hueneme, a port down the California coast near Oxnard.
Very puzzling... Answers on a postcard please.
Maybe the RORO is going to Australia/Japan and they'll off load cars in Port Hueneme for the SoCal market (cheaper than putting them on trucks). Might save some money.

GLOVIS COSMOS continues her uneventful voyage down the Pacific coast of Mexico. She is currently 180 NM west of Puerto Vallarta and is averaging just over 15kts. I’m not anticipating any weather concerns for her on this voyage to Panama.
She is due to arrive off Panama on 26 Apr and I expect her to arrive in Zeebrugge around 9 May.

Enter the GLOVIS COSMOS competition HERE.

View attachment 655643

GRAND RACE is currently alongside Pier 80. I’m informed that she will depart in the early hours of Thursday morning (around midday UK time tomorrow) to Hueneme - a port further down the California coast. An unusual destination.

GLOVIS SUMMIT will be the next ship to load. She is already enroute from San Diego to Benicia (another port in the San Francisco Bay) and will arrive there this evening to unload. Once empty, the plan is for her to move across to Pier 80 tomorrow evening in preparation for loading to commence on Friday. I haven't figured out her destination yet.

LYDDEN I suspect her to be carrying Model 3s to UK from Shanghai. She left there on 9 Apr. I'm glad to see that she has increased speed slightly to about 15.5 kts in the last few hours which has made her ETA for Suez achievable - she needs to maintain that.

View attachment 655644

RCC AFRICA is carrying LHD Model 3's to Israel and EU from Shanghai . She has just rounded the southern tip of Sri Lanka and over the last 24 hours has covered 354 NM. She is due at Ashdod on 2 May. I expect her to arrive in Zeebrugge around 13 May at the earliest. The weather in the Indian Ocean continues to be fine.

View attachment 655645

The vehicle docks in Shanghai have been unusually quiet over the last couple of days....
What I can’t get over is that the RCC Africa has LHD M3’s on and the Lydden that left Shanghai the day before has RHD M3 if they do all the RHD in the first few weeks of the quarter. Did they have some LHD models left on the dock sitting around?

Hi @Mr Miserable
I am in France and waiting for my M3 SR+ in red colour (no VIN yet).
In a French forum one of the members had information from his TA that his car was still in Shanghai, with a delivery expected end of May/4th of June max. That would mean that another ship would be soon departing from SHG. Not sure the info from the TA is 100 % reliable though ;)

Hi @Mr Miserable
I am in France and waiting for my M3 SR+ in red colour (no VIN yet).
In a French forum one of the members had information from his TA that his car was still in Shanghai, with a delivery expected end of May/4th of June max. That would mean that another ship would be soon departing from SHG. Not sure the info from the TA is 100 % reliable though ;)
I would expect another shipment from Shanghai since the cars aren't exactly flowing from Fremont this quarter.

GLOVIS COSMOS is on time to arrive at Panama on schedule. She is presently cruising south 30 NM off the Mexican coast at about 15kts. I have no weather concerns for her.

Enter the GLOVIS COSMOS competition HERE - it will close for new entries when the ship enters the Panama Canal.
(I’ve just a quick look at the entries to date and the good news is that so far each entry has chosen a unique gridsquare! Since the winner will be the person who chooses the winning gridsquare first, it makes sense to get in there early and make the gridsquare yours.)

Cosmos Pacif.png

GRAND RACE is currently still alongside Pier 80. Her departure to Hueneme, a port further down the California coast, is now delayed until this evening (Local time).

GLOVIS SUMMIT will be the next ship to load. She will shortly arrive alongside at Benicia (another port in the San Francisco Bay). The plan is for her to move across to Pier 80 this evening, as soon as GRAND RACE departs, in preparation for loading to commence tomorrow.

LYDDEN I suspect her to be carrying Model 3s to UK from Shanghai. She left there on 9 Apr.
She is currently in the Arabian Sea making just under 16kts and is almost exactly 24hrs ahead of RCC AFRICA.

LYDDEN to Suez.png

RCC AFRICA is carrying LHD Model 3's to Israel and EU from Shanghai . She continues on course for Suez and is now in the Arabian Sea. She seems to have positioned herself on the northern side of the busy shipping lane
She is due at Ashdod on 2 May. I expect her to arrive in Zeebrugge around 13 May at the earliest. The weather continues to be fine at present.

RCC AFRICA to Suez.png

My expected delivery in Tesla Account order info got updated, now it's 11-25 May. I hear that people from Poland are receiving calls with exact delivery times, for example 20 May, and they expect us to hurry because they don't have much space on the parking lot 😂
TM3 LR MSM, Warsaw, Poland

Hello everyone,
searching and finding Tesla ships on the way from Shanghai to Europe is currently still taking place in a big glass ball.
Therefore info to @Mr Miserable:
A searcher on the TFF forum noticed the name TAURUS LEADER. It charged at the Tesla pier in Shanghai for about 12 hours on Tuesday.
Same timeline as the LYDDEN and she is currently en route to Singapore.

Greetings and "good hunting" ... no, not on "Red October" ... ;)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Hello everyone,
searching and finding Tesla ships on the way from Shanghai to Europe is currently still taking place in a big glass ball.
Therefore info to @Mr Miserable:
A searcher on the TFF forum noticed the name TAURUS LEADER. It charged at the Tesla pier in Shanghai for about 12 hours on Tuesday.
Same timeline as the LYDDEN and she is currently en route to Singapore.

Greetings and "good hunting" ... no, not on "Red October" ... ;)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Thanks but I already mentioned TAURUS LEADER here in my daily report on Tuesday. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.