Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. Not only new to this forum, new to any forum.
Just to reaffirm, on a call with my SA this morning, he confirmed my M3LR is on the GLOVIS SUMMIT.
I ordered the car on 10th July, received a text on Friday a car has been allocated to my order. Immediately after todays call with SA I received a text to arrange collection day and time, which is 4th September at the Glasgow site. Can't wait!
You did well/were lucky to get a car allocated so quickly if you only ordered 10th July. It’s all very exciting!

My tesla center told me that my M3P ordered 21/6 to Sweden was on the ship ASSERO 014 - CN SHG-BE ZEE as we later on here assumed was the ship "passero" with a estimated date 12-26th August.
If you check on marinetraffic, passero's next route is to Singapore from turkey with an arrival date of 21/8 so that can't be my ship or he gave me false information. I can't track my Vin on hoegs cargo either so can't be those.
I assume everything unloads in zebrugge for swe deliveries and goes by road and that it's not possible that they might go from turkey by road in some circumstances?

My tesla center told me that my M3P ordered 21/6 to Sweden was on the ship ASSERO 014 - CN SHG-BE ZEE as we later on here assumed was the ship "passero" with a estimated date 12-26th August.
If you check on marinetraffic, passero's next route is to Singapore from turkey with an arrival date of 21/8 so that can't be my ship or he gave me false information. I can't track my Vin on hoegs cargo either so can't be those.
I assume everything unloads in zebrugge for swe deliveries and goes by road and that it's not possible that they might go from turkey by road in some circumstances?
You just beat me to it, but I agree that PASSERO was a duff steer.
I'll look into this a bit more this evening.
Cars have moved to Sweden by rail and ship in the past from Zeebrugge and maybe by road as well but I very much doubt from Turkey.

You did well/were lucky to get a car allocated so quickly if you only ordered 10th July. It’s all very exciting!
Same here, I only ordered on 8th of July and car ready for pick up 4th or 6th of September for me. I feel a bit guilty when i hear some people who have ordered before me but I guess its all about model and spec and whats available from Tesla on the ships.

I ordered (lease) M3LR white at the end of June. I received a text (which I followed-up by phone) today confirming home delivery on 8th September.

I don't know which ship this puts "my" car on as the lease company may be influencing registration to get the 71 plate.

I'd love to think it's the Pagna as I'll probably see her en route to her mystery visit to Bristol (or back)!

I'd like to add my thanks to Mr Miserable and other contributors to this thread.

Reactions: NJR46
HELIOS RAY is about to enter the Gulf of Suez. I expect her transit the Suez Canal early tomorrow morning and then head to Ashdod, Israel where she is due to arrive tomorrow. After that, I am assuming she will head for Zeebrugge arriving there around 16 Aug.
How long after the ship arrives do customers typically receive their cars? How long and what is entailed in the process after the shipment is delivered?

It depends if you order using the configurator or from vehicles in transit. Those last ones are already on a ship or soon to be, you get the VIN directly and you are certain they will come soon. Whereas when you order from the configurator, you have to wait for Tesla to assign you a VIN.

You just beat me to it, but I agree that PASSERO was a duff steer.
I'll look into this a bit more this evening.
Cars have moved to Sweden by rail and ship in the past from Zeebrugge and maybe by road as well but I very much doubt from Turkey.
PASSERO has been confirmed to several other customers in France, probably the cars where transloaded to another mean of transport in Greece. Maybe a European feeder ship (Or VOLANS LEADER if room was made in Athens) or train/truck. I'm looking for more info.

How long after the ship arrives do customers typically receive their cars? How long and what is entailed in the process after the shipment is delivered?
Depends on the country compared to where the ship is arriving. For example if the ship arrives in Belgium and you live in Norway it might take more days than if you live in Belgium. But for France, usually deliveries start about 6 to 7 days after the ship arrives in Zeebrugge.
For Israel you have a first ship arriving directly there (HELIOS RAY, arriving on August 5th), it should be quite soon after, I would say minimum 5 days but you would need to see with previous customers in Israel. Text messages with delivery appointments should have been sent already for this ship if they are around August 10th.

Reactions: NJR46
Wednesday morning.

Med Aug 4.png

GLOVIS SUPERIOR is making excellent progess and is now in the Bay of Biscay. She will arrive off Brixham tomorrow afternoon and then I expect her to head to Zeebrugge where she should dock on Friday morning.
HOEGH TARGET is on target to arrive in Zeebrugge on Sunday 8 Aug.
PAGNA is chugging along at about 11 kts and has positioned herself nicely in preparation for her transit of the Straits of Gibraltar later tonight.

For those who are unaware the Straits of Gibraltar has a traffic separation scheme whereby westbound traffic use a northern one-way corridor and the eastbound traffic use a southern corridor with the corridors divided by a half mile wide sterile area. Experienced mariners position themselves as early as possible on the required side and then watch the antics of those who hadn't thought ahead as they cross the busy shipping lanes at right angles to get into the correct corridor. Since the busy Straits are only seven miles wide it can be a great spectator sport unless one of these ships is crossing your path! There isn't much searoom to manoeuvre. This is an area of the world where the bridge is always fully manned and a good lookout is paramount for safety. Ferries, some of them fast ferries, crossing to and from N. Africa just spice up the environment.
The blessing in disguise is that there is a speed limit imposed in the straits, not for maritime safety but for a the wellbeing of the pods of pilot whales that live in the straits and the Orcas that are often spotted there in July/August.

You will also be pleased to hear that PAGNA has finally made an appearance on the Bristol port schedule for 9 Aug! She will then head for Southampton where I expect her to give-up her Teslas on 13 Aug.

Screenshot 2021-08-04 at 10.41.08.png

VOLANS LEADER is making 17kts enroute to Zeebrugge where she is due to arrive on 11 Aug.
HOEGH OSLO is now in the Mediterranean and is heading for Misurata, Libya initially before arriving in Zeebrugge on 16 Aug
HELIOS RAY has started her Suez transit and is presently in the Great Bitter Lake. She is now due to arrive in Ashdod, Israel tomorrow morning. I expect her to head to Zeebrugge after that, arriving around 16/17 Aug.
GLOVIS SUPREME is making her way up the Red Sea and is still looking good to arrive in Southampton on 15 Aug.
GLOVIS SUMMIT is presently 200NM east of the southern tip of Sri Lanka. I believe she is heading for Southampton initially and should arrive there around 22/23 Aug.

I was told by my SA that they factor in about 10 days from Ship to arriving at the Tesla centre (this is for Belfast anyway) but my SR+ arrived in a few days from Southampton. Depends how many cars there are and where they’re going, I imagine they wait to fill a transporter before sending it to the Tesla centres

I was told by my SA that they factor in about 10 days from Ship to arriving at the Tesla centre (this is for Belfast anyway) but my SR+ arrived in a few days from Southampton. Depends how many cars there are and where they’re going, I imagine they wait to fill a transporter before sending it to the Tesla centres
Big assumptions here but assuming mine is on PAGNA which is due in Southampton on the 13th, i'm due delivery on the 18th so only 5 days

Reactions: RazorCH3
Big assumptions here but assuming mine is on PAGNA which is due in Southampton on the 13th, i'm due delivery on the 18th so only 5 days
I'm assuming my LR is on the PAGNA too, the earliest date they let me choose for delivery is the 25th August but I'm guessing that's a mixture of longer transit times to Northern Ireland and potentially other earlier delivery slots are already taken.

Depends on the country compared to where the ship is arriving. For example if the ship arrives in Belgium and you live in Norway it might take more days than if you live in Belgium. But for France, usually deliveries start about 6 to 7 days after the ship arrives in Zeebrugge.
For Israel you have a first ship arriving directly there (HELIOS RAY, arriving on August 5th), it should be quite soon after, I would say minimum 5 days but you would need to see with previous customers in Israel. Text messages with delivery appointments should have been sent already for this ship if they are around August 10th.
The HELIOS RAY was scheduled to arrive earlier today at 3 am (about 11 hours and 40 minutes ago). Have not yet seen an update, it is a rather large shipment with 1700 cars and I would assume that sellers and car companies would get their cars first.
Signed the final agreement earlier today so I am hopeful that I will receive a delivery date later today or tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.