Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, just off the phone to Tesla and they said my car is arriving on the 23rd to Southampton, getting sent up to Glasgow on 24th for collection on 25th. This is a huge delay from the 14th I was originally told, and I can only assume they expected Grand Ruby to arrive in Southampton first. Looks like after all this my car was on the Grand Ruby after all!
what number are you calling to get all these details, whenever i call i just get someone who gives me my delivery date and then hangs up

Woow what kaotik parking is at Zeebrugge now :)

Theben, GLOVIS safety, grand ruby, Elektra, GLOVIS Splendor and Dionysos Leader on way all following one next to the other to Zeebrugge kaai, that is a massive delivery :D

Looks like those fireworks at end of the party :)

I went to see my SA to find out if I have a reg plate for insurance for 30.9. delivery. Turns out I have it and the data stated that the car is on vessel Lake Geneva, currently somewhere in Suez.
Lake Geneva already came and left I think probably on its was back to shanghai via Singapore.This was one of the very earlier ships that dropped cars off in Zeebrugge early September.Unless there is another lake geneva

Reactions: moodel_tree
@MeteorStorm - how DARE you steal my thunder!

Just kidding mate.

Hello one and all!

Shipping update - 10.45pm - Friday 17th Sep

GRAND RUBY is already on her way to Southampton, but you all knew that because of the spoilers above!! I am not bitter ;-)
Her ETA is in the next 6 hours, as she currently cruises past Eastbourne at 16 knots. Let's hope someone stays up to check the cameras out!
It looks like the port schedule was bang on, showing GRAND RUBY all along to arrive in Southampton on the 18th. I still maintain a lot of our cars are on this vessel even if we have been told they don't arrive until later next week. I think Tesla are keeping a buffer just incase...

NEPTUNE KOPER has an ETA for Slovenia on the 20th (Sunday) at 5am. I heavily doubt this will be carrying Teslas for the UK just based on the times it takes to turn over a car on average (11 days) from docking to customer.

ELEKTRA is now away to Zeebrugge, where she is moored. She will be heading back to Shanghai in a few days for what I bet is the most boring boat ride ever, half of it is in waters where you literally cannot see land for miles on end!

TRITON ACE is now headed to Marsaxlokk. Where?? I hear you ask! That is in Malta, my good friends. It looks severely unlikely any of our vehicles are on this vessel, and it's pretty cool to think there will be a handful of Tesla's coming off in Malta. Talk about special delivery!

GLOVIS SPLENDOR, funnily enough, is right next to GRAND RUBY. In fact, the two captains can probably/have probably seen each other in passing. She is heading to Zeebrugge, however, for an ETA in a few hours. We think she will come back to Southampton to mimic the journey of GRAND RUBY. When my SA told me my ship began with a G, it could well be GLOVIS SPLENDOR so do not rule her out!
WAIT - Southampton port has literally just updated at the time of writing! GLOVIS SPLENDOR will be arriving in Southampton on 21 September at 9.30pm.

She could well be the vessel my car (and a lot of yours!) is on, going by the logic of 'beginning with G and arriving next week!).

DIONYSOS LEADER has left Casablanca in rapid timing, where she is now heading to Zeebrugge. Her ETA is the 20th, so she will most likely not be coming to Southampton.

THEBEN - the vessel who sailed alongside ELEKTRA for the full journey, and who we said we would keep a look out for her next location, is headed to Bremerhaven in Germany. She will not be coming to Southampton either it seems.

Finally, CANADIAN HIGHWAY is now passing Brest on the west coast of France. She arrives in Bristol on Saturday night, and I really hope we get to see some Tesla's being unloaded there (highly unlikely though I would say!)

Tesla Carriers Map

Super exciting news about GLOVIS SPLENDOR, and it will be funny if all along I was tracking GRAND RUBY thinking my car was on there for it now to be on GLOVIS SPLENDOR all along. She certainly was a dark horse! Thoughts everyone?

@MeteorStorm - how DARE you steal my thunder!

Just kidding mate.

Hello one and all!

Shipping update - 10.45pm - Friday 17th Sep

GRAND RUBY is already on her way to Southampton, but you all knew that because of the spoilers above!! I am not bitter ;-)
Her ETA is in the next 6 hours, as she currently cruises past Eastbourne at 16 knots. Let's hope someone stays up to check the cameras out!
It looks like the port schedule was bang on, showing GRAND RUBY all along to arrive in Southampton on the 18th. I still maintain a lot of our cars are on this vessel even if we have been told they don't arrive until later next week. I think Tesla are keeping a buffer just incase...

NEPTUNE KOPER has an ETA for Slovenia on the 20th (Sunday) at 5am. I heavily doubt this will be carrying Teslas for the UK just based on the times it takes to turn over a car on average (11 days) from docking to customer.

ELEKTRA is now away to Zeebrugge, where she is moored. She will be heading back to Shanghai in a few days for what I bet is the most boring boat ride ever, half of it is in waters where you literally cannot see land for miles on end!

TRITON ACE is now headed to Marsaxlokk. Where?? I hear you ask! That is in Malta, my good friends. It looks severely unlikely any of our vehicles are on this vessel, and it's pretty cool to think there will be a handful of Tesla's coming off in Malta. Talk about special delivery!

GLOVIS SPLENDOR, funnily enough, is right next to GRAND RUBY. In fact, the two captains can probably/have probably seen each other in passing. She is heading to Zeebrugge, however, for an ETA in a few hours. We think she will come back to Southampton to mimic the journey of GRAND RUBY. When my SA told me my ship began with a G, it could well be GLOVIS SPLENDOR so do not rule her out!
WAIT - Southampton port has literally just updated at the time of writing! GLOVIS SPLENDOR will be arriving in Southampton on 21 September at 9.30pm.

She could well be the vessel my car (and a lot of yours!) is on, going by the logic of 'beginning with G and arriving next week!).

DIONYSOS LEADER has left Casablanca in rapid timing, where she is now heading to Zeebrugge. Her ETA is the 20th, so she will most likely not be coming to Southampton.

THEBEN - the vessel who sailed alongside ELEKTRA for the full journey, and who we said we would keep a look out for her next location, is headed to Bremerhaven in Germany. She will not be coming to Southampton either it seems.

Finally, CANADIAN HIGHWAY is now passing Brest on the west coast of France. She arrives in Bristol on Saturday night, and I really hope we get to see some Tesla's being unloaded there (highly unlikely though I would say!)

Tesla Carriers Map

Super exciting news about GLOVIS SPLENDOR, and it will be funny if all along I was tracking GRAND RUBY thinking my car was on there for it now to be on GLOVIS SPLENDOR all along. She certainly was a dark horse! Thoughts everyone?
Massive thanks for the update! So GLOVIS SPLENDOR matches up with all the vehicles that have that weird ~318* to ~326* VIN range which, makes total sense. Especially because there was another set of VINs that arrive “a couple of days” before that presumably GRAND RUBY.

After my talks with Tesla customer support about collecting from Southampton it seems that the quickest turnaround time from ship arriving to delivery hub is 6 days (if they work through the weekend). Simple because GLOVIS SPLENDOR arrives 21:30 on 21st and the first collection is 08:30 on 27th. Previous unloads this quarter have taken longer from what I can tell (~11 days). Obviously the speed of this last unload is due to the quarter coming to an end.

All absolutely fascinating to me!

Reactions: moodel_tree
Hi folks
I’ve been released for good behaviour and should be back at the helm next Tuesday.
I hope those deliveries are going well!

Mr M
Thank god! This stresses me out too much😂

Massive thanks for the update! So GLOVIS SPLENDOR matches up with all the vehicles that have that weird ~318* to ~326* VIN range which, makes total sense. Especially because there was another set of VINs that arrive “a couple of days” before that presumably GRAND RUBY.

After my talks with Tesla customer support about collecting from Southampton it seems that the quickest turnaround time from ship arriving to delivery hub is 6 days (if they work through the weekend). Simple because GLOVIS SPLENDOR arrives 21:30 on 21st and the first collection is 08:30 on 27th. Previous unloads this quarter have taken longer from what I can tell (~11 days). Obviously the speed of this last unload is due to the quarter coming to an end.

All absolutely fascinating to me!
You’re welcome! Yes indeed you are correct, though my VIN is 329 I still believe it is on GLOVIS SPLENDOR.
Tesla reckon my vessel arrives on 23rd to Southampton for collection on 25th from Glasgow which is a crazy turnaround.

I'm a 328 with collection on 23rd. I think Elektra was too early for that and Glovis likely too late. I have convinced myself it's on Grand Ruby that arrived this morning. Would give it time to reach centre Tuesday night, one day check, collect Thurs.

Thank god! This stresses me out too much😂

You’re welcome! Yes indeed you are correct, though my VIN is 329 I still believe it is on GLOVIS SPLENDOR.
Tesla reckon my vessel arrives on 23rd to Southampton for collection on 25th from Glasgow which is a crazy turnaround.

I am only speculating, but I wonder if they actually mean your car reaches Glasgow on 23rd, meaning ours might both be on Grand Ruby. Would be nice to know our cars may have already met each other. They might recognize each other if I'm in the north sometime!

I am only speculating, but I wonder if they actually mean your car reaches Glasgow on 23rd, meaning ours might both be on Grand Ruby. Would be nice to know our cars may have already met each other. They might recognize each other if I'm in the north sometime!
She was quite clear in saying Southampton 23, Glasgow 24, pick up 25! I’ll be phoning again later today!
Our cars may have been next to each other on the ship! Hoping you enjoy your car when you get it mate 👍🏽

She was quite clear in saying Southampton 23, Glasgow 24, pick up 25! I’ll be phoning again later today!
Our cars may have been next to each other on the ship! Hoping you enjoy your car when you get it mate 👍🏽
That's impressive! I hope they manage it ok and it's with you on the 25th. And likewise, enjoy! It's been a while since my test drive and I've started to forget how good it was.

I have long believed my car is on Grand Ruby. Collection in Belfast on 30th. I spoke to my SA a few times and he said they prefer to have people collect sooner if they arrive in sooner. There is not much storage space a the Belfast site. I know there are 5 lorries collecting from Southampton next week, each lorry is allowed to carry 8 cars. So, that would mean 40 cars arriving. I am hoping Mine arrives earlier in the week because the 30th doesn't suit me to collect, fingers crossed I can collect on 27th.

That's impressive! I hope they manage it ok and it's with you on the 25th. And likewise, enjoy! It's been a while since my test drive and I've started to forget how good it was.

so guys I just phoned Tesla and spoke to Ben (who is amazing). He said that my car has been unloaded from the vessel and he checked the cameras, he could see it’s parked up in Southampton! He also beeped the horn by mistake whilst on the phone to me 😂
He said it’ll be getting transported up to Glasgow on Tuesday or Wednesday and I could potentially collect on Friday!!!!!!!

Is this Ruby's arrival this morning? (Certainly looks like her based on the Marine Traffic pics)
Guessing my car is on her.

1631965072070.png

around the -5.33 mark:

Status
Not open for further replies.