Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks, I'm back!
It's going to take me quite a while to get my feet back under the table and on top of things again.
I can see some fantastic work has been done in my absence to keep everyone informed of 'likely ship' locations with some surprising ships being used.
BTW I was not actuallly in prison but conducting a long overdue European road trip. We went as far as Serbia which was off the car's sim roaming agreement but that's another story....
Anyway 3000 miles+ of trouble-free motoring added to the odometer.
Coming back yesterday through Strasbourg we spotted some Teslas being delivered on a transporter but the odd thing is that they were heading north. The transporter was Lithuanian registered but I doubt it was heading there.

I find this so interesting logistically. Here’s a question, how do they unlock all these cars? Do they just keep all the key cards or do you think they have a master key?
They are all unlocked - the keys are taped to the central panel.
The car is in "transport mode" during transit from the factory.

1632240342763.png

GLOVIS SPLENDOR arriving in Southampton. Welcome back @Mr Miserable !

Any ideas why it would be making that journey?
Yes, you can see her schedule here. She's off to W Africa and S Africa.
The ship doesn't belong to Tesla - they just chartered it to ship thousands of cars from Shanghai to Europe. The charter was complete in Southampton and now she will return to her normal RoRo activities .

Dublin based purchaser here...

I've a delivery date of 30 Sep and am assuming that my car has already arrived in Southampton on one of those ships. I phoned Tesla this morning and they said that it's due in Dublin on the 29th for final checks before handing over to me. So no room to bring the appointment forward.

Anyone else in here expecting their cars in Dublin want to share their delivery dates?

SR+, VIN series is 334***

Next stop Oslo. I was right! (GLOVIS SPLENDOR)
Here is GLOVIS SPLENDOR on her way to Oslo viewed from the Isle Of Wight.

Screenshot 2021-09-22 at 12.46.20.png

A dull question - Do we know for sure that she is delivering Teslas?
It's just that I don't believe she brought any from China but I agree she could have been crossloaded in Zeebrugge.

Here is GLOVIS SPLENDOR on her way to Oslo viewed from the Isle Of Wight.

View attachment 712670

A dull question - Do we know for sure that she is delivering Teslas?
It's just that I don't believe she brought any from China but I agree she could have been crossloaded in Zeebrugge.
I can only go by what my TA said to me way back when it was sitting anchored out at sea almost a month ago. I did speak to them yesterday again to see if I could schedule an earlier delivery and he said "let me wake the car up" to which it was still on the vessel waiting to be offloaded but in Southampton so no earlier delivery was available. It's scheduled to go from Southampton to Birmingham on Monday for Tuesday collection. Unless there were other vessels there yesterday then surely it must have been?

"GLOVIS SPLENDOR" charged for 36 hours in Taicang, approx. 50 sm behind the previous Tesla pier in SHG.
And it had definitely delivered Tesla vehicles for German orderers. This was confirmed several times.

Greetings
Yes the I recall noting her loading in Taicang at the time and discounting it as being very unlikely to be Tesla related, especially since berthing space was available at the 'new' pier close to the factory.

Presumably Tesla had also accumulated vehicles for a shipload there over a longer period of time,
to get everything in line for Q3.
Elon had tweeted that Tesla had also been affected by the parts shortage in the meantime. And the almost finished vehicles
had to be "stored" somewhere. Looking back, Q3 was already a special quarter.

PS: Another ship arrives in Koper on 23.09, the GLOVIS CRYSTAL. In my opinion, this is a Tesla Chartership ...
It was at the "Tesla-Pier" in SHG for 48h ...

Status
Not open for further replies.