Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really useful info from Mr M When he locked onto Talia and I saw when it was due to dock in Southampton it was no surprise when my collection date was pushed back….My original collection date of the 5th is still showing in account so I am wondering how wide the window is for Talia arrival in Southampton given it’s good progress

Really useful info from Mr M When he locked onto Talia and I saw when it was due to dock in Southampton it was no surprise when my collection date was pushed back….My original collection date of the 5th is still showing in account so I am wondering how wide the window is for Talia arrival in Southampton given it’s good progress
Great thread. Thanks Mr M. Do we think Talia is carrying back end of Q3 orders or Q4 orders? I ordered in mid oct for Nov delivery but think December is more likely. Car is through a lease so no VIN tracking available.

I have mentioned previously that there are a couple of itineraries knocking around for TALIA, one has her coming to Southampton on 28 Oct and the other has her routing direct to Zeebrugge to arrive on 31 Oct.
Now unless she really pulls the stops out she will struggle to achieve Southampton on the 28th and I think an arrival on 29th Oct is more likely. It looks like she has other cargo apart from the Teslas onboard which is why she will dock at Eastern Docks first before moving to the Western Docks to unload her Teslas. She then could just make Zeebrugge on 31 Oct but quite frankly 1 Nov would be more realistic.
If she doesn't stop at Southampton then an arrival at Zeebrugge on 31 Oct would be easily achievable.

He's bought a couple of oil rigs recently, so I wonder if Elon would consider buying some surplus USN CVN-xx's (Nimitz Class aircraft carriers) - they go a lot faster than 18knots and they're carbon neutral ;)
Don't underestimate the capability of a RoRo carrier. Since the first purpose built car carrier was designed and built in Japan in 1970 they have been in continual development and nothing can compete with the latest vessels, not even a second hand aircraft carrier. Additionally, a Nimitz class carrier would not only carry less vehicles but it would not fit through the locks in Zeebrugge nor make it through the narrow approaches to Southampton.

GLOVIS CHAMPION left Shanghai and is heading for Sinpapore ... looks good :)
My eyebrows raised when I saw that she had departed already.
After waiting for nearly a week offshore she then spent just 13hrs alongside Shanghai. Even with the super efficient loading in Shanghai I'm not confident that 13hrs is enough to load the ship with the amount of cars Tesla has to ship.
She's heading to Singapore intially for a refuel and we know she is operating in Europe at the end of November but I'm not very confident that she is a Tesla ship.
I'll keep an eye on her, but.......

Reactions: Washout
Do we know what kind of ship departure frequency we should be looking for from Shanghai?
A quick and dirty calc assuming let's say a conservative 1,500 vehicles a day output (I've seen numbers as high as 1,800 quoted) with 90% bound for export = 1,350 per day leaving the GF3 site.
That would then mean a ship needing to depart loaded every 3-4 days, assuming a capacity of 4-5,000 per vessel, or they start filling up dockside lots?

TALIA has now entered the Red Sea and continues to maintain 18 kts as she strives to arrive at Suez on Wednesday evening. She should do it.

TALIA.png

LAKE FUXION has engaged ludicrous mode and is currently making over 19kts as she races towards Singapore.

LAKE FUX 1st leg.png

LAKE GENEVA is sailing into better conditions, she has left the gales behind and the wave heights are reducing nicely. I expect her to increase speed from her current 16 kts as soon as she is able to in order for her to achieve an arrival in Suez on 2 Nov.

Geneva 1st leg.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.