Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon I'm on this ship then! Helios Ray would arrive too early... Nabucco arriving on Nov 26th would give them 5 days to get mine to me 😁
If it is useful for anyone, my ship is expected to arrive at Zeebrugge on Nov 10th and Tesla says they would deliver my Model 3 by Nov 23rd (I live in the south of Spain). My numbers are (just my guess):
- Nov 10th arrive at Zeebrugge
- Nov 15th Departure to Spain (3 working days to get my car out of the ship)
- Nov 19th Arrive at Seville (4 working days transit by truck)
- Nov 23rd Delivery (2 working days for inspection and final paperwork)

Is this reasonable?

Regards

TALIA is now alongside in the Western Docks of Southampton. She was originally scheduled to have left for Zeebrugge by now but she was a little late in arriving into the Western Docks and unloading in the inclement conditions clearly hasn't gone as well as expected. Unloading will continue for several hours yet and she is not expected to be ready to depart until sometime this afternoon. Her arrival in Zeebrugge will now be tomorrow morning.

LAKE FUXIAN has belatedly graced us with her AIS position once again. She is just about to enter the Gulf of Suez and I expect her to anchor there whilst her convoy is assembled and then be in the vanguard of the convoy for the canal transit tomorrow morning. She is heading for Zeebrugge and the only question remaining is whether she will call at Southampton on the way. My estimate is for her to arrive in Zeebrugge around 10 Nov.

Fux sin-suez.png

LAKE GENEVA remains in the dark. She will be in the Red Sea and I would expect her to switch her AIS back on later today. She is due to unload in Koper on 6 Nov and Ashdod, Israel on 11 Nov.

GEN SinSuz.png

HELIOS RAY, HOEGH KOBE and VIKING OCEAN are making good progress and are maintaining their formation with HOEGH KOBE trailing 180NM behind HELIOS RAY but just 25NM ahead of VIKING OCEAN. HELIOS RAY is heading to Southampton and I expect her to arrive around 17 Nov with VIKING OCEAN arriving 24hrs later. HOEGH KOBE is not a Tesla chartered ship and is on a scheduled service. She will eventually arrive in Zeebrugge on 22 NOV after making a number of stops on the way. Those folk in Europe with a VIN can check to see if their car is onboard a Hoegh ship by entering their VIN here My Cargo

Helios to SUZ.png

NABUCCO despite a fairly choppy South China Sea is maintaining 17kts enroute to her refuel stop off Singapore which she will reach on Wednesday. I am still waiting for confirmation that this is a Tesla ship but hopefully that will come in the next week or so. She is due to arrive in Southampton on 27 Nov and Zeebrugge on 29 Nov. She is a big ship and could be carrying around 4500 Teslas.

NUC Leg1.png

HOEGH TRACER has departed Shanghai on a scheduled service following much the same route as HOEGH KOBE. It's therefore not beyond the realms of possibility that she could be carrying some Teslas although she won't arrive in Zeebrugge until 4 Dec.

HYPERION RAY is preparing to depart Shanghai enroute to Suez. She is very likely to be a Tesla ship. I would estimate her arrival in Zeebrugge to be around 28 Nov.

Hello.
New here. What a great job you are doing Mr. M.

I ordered 16th of juli, M3LR white with black interior, 19 rims and tow bar.
I have a VIN number hidden in the source code, but i dont know when i got it.

Expected delivery was november when i ordered. Do you have a feeling of when the first ships comes to Norway?

Hello.
New here. What a great job you are doing Mr. M.

I ordered 16th of juli, M3LR white with black interior, 19 rims and tow bar.
I have a VIN number hidden in the source code, but i dont know when i got it.

Expected delivery was november when i ordered. Do you have a feeling of when the first ships comes to Norway?
A quick look at Drammen harbour shows quite a few Teslas ready for distribution now.
Ships arriving in Drammen to watch are PROMETHEUS LEADER on 11 & 25 Nov and SPICA LEADER on 6 Nov and VIKING AMBER on 17 Nov.
We may also get a big ship into Oslo - but nothing forecast yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-31 at 11.17.49.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-31 at 11.17.49.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot 2021-10-31 at 11.18.06.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-31 at 11.18.06.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 63
Over the years I have got the impression, perhaps wrongly, that certain companies have more influence at some ports than others.
In Southampton I suspect that Grimaldi Lines have, for some reason or another, a bit more clout since their ships seem to run very much on time often at the expense of others. It is therefore somewhat perversely pleasing to see that the late departure of TALIA has left the Grimaldi Line ship GRANDE NEW YORK circling angrily in the channel. It rarely happens this way round and I have lost count of the number of Tesla ships that have had to wait for a Grimaldi ship to depart Southampton. If only they were French. Simple things....

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-31 at 11.48.02.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-31 at 11.48.02.png
    201.8 KB · Views: 71
Over the years I have got the impression, perhaps wrongly, that certain companies have more influence at some ports than others.
In Southampton I suspect that Grimaldi Lines have, for some reason or another, a bit more clout since their ships seem to run very much on time often at the expense of others. It is therefore somewhat perversely pleasing to see that the late departure of TALIA has left the Grimaldi Line ship GRANDE NEW YORK circling angrily in the channel. It rarely happens this way round and I have lost count of the number of Tesla ships that have had to wait for a Grimaldi ship to depart Southampton. If only they were French. Simple things....
This is hilarious and made my day! As always, thank you for making these amazing reports!

• Funny
Reactions: S.Lav
If it is useful for anyone, my ship is expected to arrive at Zeebrugge on Nov 10th and Tesla says they would deliver my Model 3 by Nov 23rd (I live in the south of Spain). My numbers are (just my guess):

Is this reasonable?

Regards
Potentially! Much larger distance from Zeebrugge to Spain than Southampton to anywhere in the UK though! Don't think that cars would be hanging around unclaimed in the UK for nearly 2 weeks! But then I don't actually know the specifics of UK port > customer timing

Reactions: petterware
Would anyone be able to help me find out which ship my car is on? Ordered 20/10 and revived delivery text 28/10 ( very quick I got lucky!) collection at Trafford 27/11
Thanks
I would suggest Helios Ray or Viking Ocean! Both arrive before the 27th in Southampton (the next ship to arrive is ON the 27th so unlikely to get your car to Manchester in the same day!)

Reactions: Karlcole
I've ordered a White LR with White interior and tow bar on the 19th Oct. No VIN yet, or delivery text from Tesla. Is there anything I can find out with just the order number?
Wrong thread. You need Wiki - UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

Based on statistical analysis by one of the members on there on the last few orders we're probably looking at a couple of weeks for VIN with delivery 4 weeks after. At that point you can come back to this thread and haunt @Mr Miserable to see if you can find out which ship your car is on.

Reactions: Mr Miserable

Is this reasonable?

Regards
Inspection? What is that? I can't find it in the Tesla Dictionary.
Apart from that, the timings look about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.