Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the years I have got the impression, perhaps wrongly, that certain companies have more influence at some ports than others.
In Southampton I suspect that Grimaldi Lines have, for some reason or another, a bit more clout since their ships seem to run very much on time often at the expense of others. It is therefore somewhat perversely pleasing to see that the late departure of TALIA has left the Grimaldi Line ship GRANDE NEW YORK circling angrily in the channel. It rarely happens this way round and I have lost count of the number of Tesla ships that have had to wait for a Grimaldi ship to depart Southampton. If only they were French. Simple things....
@Mr Miserable - out of interest and in relation to this post, do ports operate in a similar manner to airport stands, where there are pretty substantial financial penalties for missing your gate departure/arrival times?

JASPER ARROW is about to depart Shanghai for Singapore - this is likely to be your ship!

I'm also wondering whether this ship will continue on to the UAE afterwards.......
Thanks Mr M! My VIN was not found on the Hoegh Autoliners website, then again my VIN has been visible in the source code for 3 weeks now, so I can only second guess whether the car has arrived. As far as I am aware, our Tesla Advisors here help to register the cars only a couple days before delivery, and deliveries occur at a trickle of perhaps 10-20 per day, likely due to both manpower and covid restrictions. Will monitor for my delivery date, and perhaps even date of production to see if any info can be gleaned from the shipping point of view.. Thank you!

Sounds good.
If you are wanting a 22 plate, then the car will be made and shipped in late Jan to arrive here towards the end of Feb.
Be warned though, there will be a Tesla delivery frenzy in March with Model Y adding to the rush.
It's a company car so I don't really get a say on the plate... I can't / won't be able to track it through Tesla as I wont be the Legal Owner so won't know much about the process until I get a Text Message from Tesla with the VIN and VRN in!

Sorry if someone has already asked this, but I currently have a delivery date of 25th November for my M3P (So excited!), collection from Thorpe Park. I'm just wondering which ship is looking likely that my car is on? HELIOS RAY maybe?

Also, thanks Mr Miserable for all your hard work! I've been following this thread for months, and the effort you put in is extraordinary!

Thanks for all update. Wait agein, this time a order a MY.
At the same time last year a follow my M3 that was om Glovis Crystal.
This time a get a hit on vin/ MY om Hoegh Kobe.
Hope Will recive IT in start of dec in Norway.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211031_090941.jpg
    Screenshot_20211031_090941.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: _SunShine
Most probably they are on the same vessel yep. NABUCCO perhaps, all though some reports are saying the VINs are assigned around the time it reaches Suez. While some say its right after departure which would align well with NABUCCO...
if it was assigned at Suez then it is either LAKE FUXIAN or THEMIS but I believe I have seen people confirm their cars were on those a few days ago so those are most likely assigned

Dear Mr M, I spoke to a reliable source a Tesla UK who advised "very few" vehicles were offloaded from Talia in Southampton and the large shipment numbers are the next two vessels. By very few, he expanded a few hundred and not a few thousand. The few that have received deliveries notices today from this vessel are the very lucky ones. The rest will arrive end of November and the beginning of December. It appears the delay in Southampton was all in climate weather-related and not large volume of vehicles. As such, appear the large shipments are destined to Zubreegan for distribution on the continent

Thanks for all update. Wait agein, this time a order a MY.
At the same time last year a follow my M3 that was om Glovis Crystal.
This time a get a hit on vin/ MY om Hoegh Kobe.
Hope Will recive IT in start of dec in Norway.
Great news - Confirmation that HOEGH KOBE has Model Y onboard.

AUTO ECO arriving Drammen 2 Dec is a possible route to Norway from Zeebrugge.

Reactions: Pettero
Have we seen confirmation that cars are on THEMIS?
I thought I have seen people on the thread confirm, but don't take my word, if you are not aware of such confirmation then I'm most likely wrong.

Edit: Just went some pages back, we do not have confirmation. Like @mar-schmidt said some people say the VIN is assigned after departure others at Suez.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Miserable
Dear Mr M, I spoke to a reliable source a Tesla UK who advised "very few" vehicles were offloaded from Talia in Southampton and the large shipment numbers are the next two vessels. By very few, he expanded a few hundred and not a few thousand. The few that have received deliveries notices today from this vessel are the very lucky ones. The rest will arrive end of November and the beginning of December. It appears the delay in Southampton was all in climate weather-related and not large volume of vehicles. As such, appear the large shipments are destined to Zubreegan for distribution on the continent
That makes sense.
VIKING OCEAN will be a full shipload.

I have also identified GRAND DAHLIA which should arrive in Southampton on 10 Dec as another probable Tesla ship. Will she be the last of Q4 though??

Status
Not open for further replies.